Which GT to buy?

Newgt

Mar 14, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
This one seems to have the the whipped + tune for added power and exhaust for sound:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Seems that Marshall Goldman is walking a very thin line by advertising/selling a car with no Cats in California. At least they're disclosing it - but me thinks that they risk a shitload of CARB/EPA trouble.... even if declaring it "off-road use only".

Reactions: dshears

Newgt

Mar 14, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Agreed.. on a separate note, what do you all think on the 2006 Heritage edition? Besides the fact that they are priced at least 100k above the normal GTs, are they worth the premium and are those the ones destined to be the unicorns in terms of appreciation etc.? assuming money was not an issue, why would one buy the heritage GT ?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The Heritage option was $13,000 new, and looking at BaT results now they seem to be bringing more like $200K+ more than non-Heritage equivalents.

A $200K value in 2023 on a $13K investment in 2006 is a compound annual growth rate of 17.4%.

Even if the number is only $100K, that's still a 12.8% CAGR.

I can't help with the "will it continue" projection :)

Newgt

Mar 14, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Ok but besides the financial analysis, there’s the rarity and no more to be made situation too.. I doubt that could be quantified in calculations

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
For me because the significance of the color and you like it. AND it will always hold the most value but again or you a driver or collector?? Every GT is going to hold its value, some potential appreciate more than others. I sold a 60k midnight blue and I’d trade my 17k mile TT car for it today because I miss the beauty of the blue. I’ve had my fun with the Turbo and now I would like what looks the best to me.

Reactions: RPM217

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ok but besides the financial analysis, there’s the rarity and no more to be made situation too.. I doubt that could be quantified in calculations
Well, 343 Heritages were made, whereas only 171 in Speed Yellow and 154 in Quick Silver Metallic, so Yellow and Silver are more rare than the Heritage ... but those figures really only matter if the 'market' knows it, and values it. A lot of people just like the awesome orange and blue Heritage scheme (me too), and value it higher. The general public, and even buyers who don't know the production figures, probably assume the Heritage is more rare ... but there were only half as many made in Yellow.

But yeah, I think only you can really answer your questions.

Reactions: mrtiticus

WhippleGT

GT Owner
May 23, 2022
Seems that Marshall Goldman is walking a very thin line by advertising/selling a car with no Cats in California. At least they're disclosing it - but me thinks that they risk a shitload of CARB/EPA trouble.... even if declaring it "off-road use only".
It is also not optimal to install aftermarket headers without heat shields. Especially on the passenger side. The header is very close to the drysump tank.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The appeal of the Heritage isn't production numbers but the link to the original 60's Gulf cars...

Will the premium continue? Probably. What has the spread been historically? Will it widen? The problem is that so few trade that trends are hard to establish made more difficult that Heritages are also affected by condition and miles.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
This one seems to have the the whipped + tune for added power and exhaust for sound:

100_0881.jpg

Nearly 12 years and over 8,000 miles on these headers.

I got good advice to ceramic coat them even though they were stainless.

I would think if MarshalGoldman wants large money, they would detail the engine bay to the 9's. Replace corroded coil covers, ceramic coat the headers, delete the overweight muffler and put in an X-pipe.

Tomcat

GT Owner
...assuming money was not an issue, why would one buy the heritage GT ?
I wanted one (Gulf heritage colors) because of the iconic 68/69 LeMans wins (plus I went to UofF). My wife did NOT like the colors and the associated premium $s inhibited me. Every time I used Google Images for Ford GT a tungsten grey with stripes showed up and when I saw it in person I knew it was "the color" for me.

Reactions: RPM217

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
The appeal of the Heritage isn't production numbers but the link to the original 60's Gulf cars...

Will the premium continue? Probably. What has the spread been historically? Will it widen? The problem is that so few trade that trends are hard to establish made more difficult that Heritages are also affected by condition and miles.

You are correct. Even in NFGT, gulf theme out of all heritage command a significant premium.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I visited SSV in June 2006 to see the car I ordered being built and saw a group of 10 or so Heritage rollers waiting to be sent to Wixom.

I'm rarely correct about the future but after seeing the cars in person I thought they would eventually be in high demand, Ford nailed the look from the get go.

I briefly thought about purchasing one but truly didn't want a blue and orange car, no matter how stunning, I like black, so I passed.

I typically don't buy cars as investments, I buy what I like, I've babied the car I ordered, and did subsequently buy a second car to flog, also black not blue and orange.

This being said, I'm not surprised the Heritage option has prospered, only surprised by how much so.

Buy what you like and can afford, life is short and enjoy the ride!

Reactions: nautoncall

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You are correct. Even in NFGT, gulf theme out of all heritage command a significant premium.
And to confuse things NGT had a heritage model every year (except the first?) With each being different and only two with Gulf livery. The NGT did get the original gulf blue the 06 being close. Seeing them next to each other made it obvious they were different

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I just wish they had done a Ken Miles car.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I just wish they had done a Ken Miles car.

I do not like the Robin Egg Blue of the Heritage but I could have done gold.

Attachments

• https __hypebeast.com_image_2018_06_ford-gt40-gold-rm-sothebys-auction-001.jpg
    https __hypebeast.com_image_2018_06_ford-gt40-gold-rm-sothebys-auction-001.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 4

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The Heritage option was $13,000 new

Yep, and *most* non-Heritage GT's had the $5500 stripes - so the price difference was more like $7500. And there was no limits on the Heritage production. If you got a 2006 allocation, no problem at all to spec it to a Heritage... or any other of the available 2006 colors.

Newgt

Mar 14, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
At the moment, a few low mile 2006 non-heritage GT are listed for 550k.. and for a heritage car, anywhere from 650k - 850k. At this rate could these hit the 1M mark?

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I personally would never pay the premium that comes with a Heritage car. When I started my search for a car my color preference was Midnight Blue, then Quicksilver then Black then White. I wound up paying $100k less for my White/Blue car compared to a low mileage car because it had 16k miles on it and the higher mileage is what I wanted to begin with. Believe it or not, I found it hard to find a GT with higher miles and a corresponding lower price. Don't get me wrong, I could afford to buy the car I wanted and price wasn't the motivating factor, my cheapness was.

I was ecstatic to take my White/Blue, 16k, no stories car, for a $100k discount vs a low mileage car with one of my top 3 color choices. The color really wasn't that high on my priority list, I just wanted a clean GT that I could drive and the big discount I got was a bonus.

QSS

Newgt

Mar 14, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Quick update on my search.. I’m having a hard time finding anything below 400k, except cars with more miles. Is there a downside in a buying a 2005 with 15k miles annd multiple owners? Are there early vs later ‘05 VINs that one should be aware of that might be better examples? For example did all the 2005 GTs have issues with the suspension and/or airbags?