What's the purpose...

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
of the requirement for RTV/gasket maker between the flange washer and the t/a output shaft. just curious, anybody know?

Also, for those that have completed the latest update themselves, did the torque values supplied in the instructions for the updated bolts seem a little low?

My update job is nearly complete this afternoon, rear wheels go back on after I raise the car up for a quick under-body inspection tomorrow morning. Then the obligatory test ride... yea baby!:banana

mardyn

Aug 25, 2006
of the requirement for RTV/gasket maker between the flange washer and the t/a output shaft. just curious, anybody know?

Also, for those that have completed the latest update themselves, did the torque values supplied in the instructions for the updated bolts seem a little low?

My update job is nearly complete this afternoon, rear wheels go back on after I raise the car up for a quick under-body inspection tomorrow morning. Then the obligatory test ride... yea baby!:banana

mardyn

It is to prevent the transaxle oil from migrating past the splines; it is important

Takes care

Shadowman

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Thanks SM, it all makes sense now.

mardyn