What's the best Vette forum?

Pipelion

I'm not trying to get off topic, I want to buy a Ford GT.

But I have heard such great things about the new Vette while reading dozens of articles on the GT. I like to stay informed.

I love the old Vettes, almost bought a 62 convertable in 1969 for $750. Yes I'm still kicking myself. But I don't want to talk classic Vettes, I'm interested in a great forum on the new Vette.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Allan

Last edited:

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
www.z06vette.com was a great forum. I haven't been there for a year or so but it should have everything you need.

Pipelion

Thanks so much guys,

Allan

427 Mitch

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 13, 2006
Stamford, Ct
corvetteforum.com is the most visited and the one I use.

Mitch

Pipelion

Thanks Mitch,

Allan

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
For Z06's z06vette.com. Least b.s for Z's by far. Mellow and respectful for the most part. Lots of the same guys from Corvetteforum. Not quite as tech heavy. Good overall.

Corvetteforum is ridiculously huge with tons of resources, but it has become increasingly worthless for tech and more of just a bitch-off between paying vendors and their cronies. There are a great deal of smart and good guys there, but with 100k+ members, there's bound to be a lot of junk. I can't stand the constant LG vs. Cartek vs. Kooks etc hype. Also, don't expect to criticise a singe thing Corvette related and live :lol Still the original.

If you want tech, dig through LS1tech. By far the best resource for tech, but you gotta dig through alot of F-bod info to get to some of it.

427 Mitch

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 13, 2006
Stamford, Ct
"Corvetteforum is ridiculously huge with tons of resources, but it has become increasingly worthless for tech and more of just a bitch-off between paying vendors and their cronies"

That is why I only visit the C1-C2 section. Very civil and VERY knowledgeable
people there. And when I'm bored, I go to off topic for a good laugh.

Mitch

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
VPC said:
For some other Vette sites not mentioned above,

www.corvetteactioncenter.com
www.crossedflags.com - they have an "Ask Tom Wallace" section where the Chief Engineer answers questions from members.

You can also go to www.vettetop100.com to see links to over 200 Vette sites.

www.corvettesnccc.org will help you get in touch with a local club. There's always great info available at the local club level.

Great sites, the ZO6 site is ok, the VetteForum is always a standby if you can't start a fight with the wifey :rofl

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just as a sidenote about Corvetteforum, I posted the GT running 11.1@134 video over there in off topic and they locked it for 'inappropriate content' on the linked page. Click it yourself, and you'll see the worst thing on Streetfire is a chick in a bikini. Oooooh :bored

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
can someone explain to me why this thread is on this site?