Whats Latest Battery Advice?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I used Deka AGM part number 9A35/85 over 6 years ago and is still going strong. You don't have to buy an Optima or other high priced battery. The Deka battery is easier and safer to install than the Optima because the Deka battery posts are not located under the car framework which has the potential for shorting the battery during installation. The Deka is just as good a battery as an Optima.

Be careful not to lean on the fender while removing and installing the battery. Guaranteed you will put a dent in your aluminum fender.
1610761644546.png

Last edited:
Reactions: analogdesigner

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
For anyone concerned about changing out their battery I used the Deka recommended by TO AWSUM and there were no issues.
Easy to buy from many sources including Amazon. No core charge with Amazon.
That’s what this Forum is all about and what makes it great.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
So we know the Deka works (but is heavy).

Any one try Antigravity and can report back on fitment?

This seems to be the closest match

My latest Optima is 2 years old and already showing it is getting weak.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
So we know the Deka works (but is heavy).

Any one try Antigravity and can report back on fitment?

This seems to be the closest match

My latest Optima is 2 years old and already showing it is getting weak.
I have had my optima since 2017…going strong; the key to longer life with these batteries is to keep them on a battery tender when not driving.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have had my optima since 2017…going strong; the key to longer life with these batteries is to keep them on a battery tender when not driving.

I have been on a smart charger continuously. That is why I am stumped.

Reading reviews, see a lot of reports that these are dying prematurely nowadays.