Whats a good price on 2006 Gray GT?

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR said:
Steve,

I did blend my response. It was to address a number of the posts that came after mine. (notice how I didnt address it to you, like this one does) Like I said, I didnt get my feelings hurt, I was explaining the perspective I have on the situation. I still like my analagy on coffee, because the Ford GT is not the only super car in the world, seems eveyone has their own cup of coffee for this one. Seems eveyone from MB, Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Jaguar, Maserati, Maybach, Panoz,and VW all have different prices and flavors for their coffee (all have cars 100k+). So I chose the coffee (Ford makes) and now I am looking for the best price on it. Just as unreasonable as it is to you to over spend on a cup of coffee, is just how unreasonable I think it is for me to overspend on a car. (Also, I did watch a guy give a girl $100 bucks for a cup of coffee the other morning and told her to keep the rest as a tip, I thought that was insane, but the girl was really cute, and he apparently wasnt bothered to expense that cash freely like that :eek ).

Again this is about how I feel when it comes to buying a car, not how I am judging other people who have little or no concern on paying more then sticker for their car (compeletly their choice). This post is to find what folks feel is a good deal/price on a tungsten grey 2006 GT with all options. Because thats exactly what I want.

Thanks folks.

Jon
Thanks Jon,
Good points, I think we all agree that bashing what others paid is wrong. I am very impressed with almost all of the members at this website. Very fair minded and successful in family and business.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
Steve & Saber,

Thanks, you both seem like the kind of members that will add value to the ownership experience. Clubs lucky to have you both. Again Steve, appeciate the PM.

Frank, so there is more then one of you really rich guys huh ? lol, see I wasnt even counting you. I was talking about Kenny H, he doesnt post on viper club, but he sure is well known in the Carolina's VCA club and VRL.

Ok, off to work for me, gotta go make those ends ;-) GT's aint cheap.

Jon

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
One thing that Ford needs to learn, it treat the GT group like MoPar treats the Viper owners. Reading this forum one has to admire how loyal, passionate they are about their fine machines. The Viper Clubs, their events are great.
Watching their events at Laguna Seca, Indy etc. convinces me they are doing things right. Wonder what Ford has planned for us??

Do think this thread has ran it's course, basically different strokes for different folks.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
bony said:
One thing that Ford needs to learn, it treat the GT group like MoPar treats the Viper owners. Reading this forum one has to admire how loyal, passionate they are about their fine machines. The Viper Clubs, their events are great.
Watching their events at Laguna Seca, Indy etc. convinces me they are doing things right. Wonder what Ford has planned for us??

Do think this thread has ran it's course, basically different strokes for different folks.

Yes, admitedly ViperClub and Dodge have partnered very well. We have a very tight nitt club, and most people know each other, or know of each other. Its really a family feel, we even have our black sheeps (like me). I would love to See Ford step up and support a formal Ford GT car club, and see what we as a group can accomplish. However, my concern is that unlike the Vipers, the Ford GT is a limited Run, so its more of a specialty situation, then an actual car line. Dodge gets its value from supporting the club, by bettering the bread, getting insight from the owners, seeing what works, what doesnt. Dodge is able to sell more vipers and other cars, by supporting ViperClub memebers as they do. But if they stop making Vipers, I have a feeling their support would begin to wain. Ford already knows its a limited run, and they will make their money and be done with it. I wont hold my breath on Ford getting involved in something that wouldn't add significant value to their bottom line in the long run.

Now, I dont really think this thread ran its course, because not one response was a direct answer to my question !! Course, I guess thats because eveyone feels that is a moving target based on what your passion,financies, and/or frugality model looks like. Ok, I guess we can move on, its mine to figure out on my own :(

Jon

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR said:
Now, I dont really think this thread ran its course, because not one response was a direct answer to my question !! Course, I guess thats because eveyone feels that is a moving target based on what your passion,financies, and/or frugality model looks like. Ok, I guess we can move on, its mine to figure out on my own :(

You certainly will ultimately have to make your own decision. :biggrin
But let me try to answer...

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR said:
Should I wait? Will it afford me a better price? What is the best price I should expect to get one at right now, or in 2 months? or longer?

If you're not going to drive it for the next 3 months, wait. I'd say don't wait too long, and certainly don't wait until the end of the production run. The risk would be too great that owners & dealers would hold on to their cars for at least a couple of years to see if prices go back up.
So I suggest to right now start getting feelers for prices on Ebay and the Southern States (where it's warm and if some dealer hasn't been able to sell his car now, he won't sell it later at the same price), and you may find MSRP-5 or better, I honestly don't know. Don't be hasty, and look for the dealer who's most eager to sell. But don't wait longer than March-April, and although it's good to be frugal, be prepared to leave a grand or 2 on the table to close the deal in this timeframe. (I'm not saying MSRP+2, I'm saying lowest+2).

My 2 grand. :biggrin

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
wonkawonka said:
If you're not going to drive it for the next 3 months, wait. I'd say don't wait too long, and certainly don't wait until the end of the production run. The risk would be too great that owners & dealers would hold on to their cars for at least a couple of years to see if prices go back up.
So I suggest to right now start getting feelers for prices on Ebay and the Southern States (where it's warm and if some dealer hasn't been able to sell his car now, he won't sell it later at the same price), and you may find MSRP-5 or better, I honestly don't know. Don't be hasty, and look for the dealer who's most eager to sell. But don't wait longer than March-April, and although it's good to be frugal, be prepared to leave a grand or 2 on the table to close the deal in this timeframe. (I'm not saying MSRP+2, I'm saying lowest+2).

My 2 grand. :biggrin

+1. I think we will be seeing GT's on ebay for a while post August 2006 when production ends.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
centerpunch said:
I think the Viper club is actually run by Chrysler's advertising agency (at Chrysler's expense...), which means they are very committed to the owners continuing to be excited about their cars.............

Well, lets not get too crazy, members pay $100 a year in dues, and supposedly only $50 of it goes to the local club. So Chrysler does do an excellent job supporting us, but we do a pretty decent job of supporting ourselves too.

Also thanks to the other two posts, I received another call today. I now have 2 GTs just as I want them, that I can get at MSRP.

I just hate that I know the other guy got a 05 for MSRP -10k + a free set of standard wheels. WOW to him !!

Jon