What would you be looking to buy next?

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
When I was younger I always wanted to get the removable hardtop when I bought a convertible. I now know that it's just another huge space-consuming albatross I will never use, always in the way lol!

(In this case it did make the cross-country trip quieter, but removed any chance for top-down sightseeing.)
I keep my hardtop on in the winter from Dec - late Feb, March. It's probably not necessary here in SoCal but it does protect the soft top and reduce noise.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
See text message...
You know the old saying............."where there's a will", there's usually a deceased person, and I guess that'd be me, if I bought another toy!!!!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Quick Silver if you want to have an idea on diversification, here is a tidbit for you.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
How about a Superformance GT40 replica?

I thought I wanted one of those until I drove one both on the street and on a track. I didn't like it at all.

Chip

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I thought I wanted one of those until I drove one both on the street and on a track. I didn't like it at all.

Chip
Too old school or something really messed up? Maybe, someday, in the distant future, after my wife has passed, when pigs fly, I'd love to have an aluminum 427 in a replica. I wanna die of gas fumes and noise!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Too old school or something really messed up? Maybe, someday, in the distant future, after my wife has passed, when pigs fly, I'd love to have an aluminum 427 in a replica. I wanna die of gas fumes and noise!
If you've never been in one they're very tight. Not comfortable to drive on street plus even more visibility challenged than the fgt. But if you want a smelly noisy thrill get a cobra.

Reactions: roketman and GT@50

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx

Chip

Really Chip? I've considered one for years so would like to hear your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Quick Silver if you want to have an idea on diversification, here is a tidbit for you.

Awesome video, thanks for posting. Amazing garage and I agree, the garage should be bigger then the house. My favorite cars in the video are the Spyker C8 and the Ferrari 458 . I gotta get me a both those cars one day, especially the Spyker. The only thing is the Spyker is pretty rare so It's gonna be a hard one to find.

Any one have one they want to part with?

QSS

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
There have been 7 on BaT over the last couple of years

Definitely an acquired taste.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
thx

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
I am considering another old Shelby (67 GT350) or another GT. I'd like to find an 05' or 06' with around 40K or so miles. I also have a this posted in the "New Member Searching" area. If you know of such a GT PM me

Thanks

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
There have been 7 on BaT over the last couple of years.

Yup, they are weird as F but I love em. Buying a car in the US and bringing it home to Canada is a bit difficult right now so I am hoping one will pop up in Canada. One of my criterial about a car purchase is that I must be able to drive it home, no matter where I buy the car. My longest journey was 10 years ago when I bought a car out of Oklahoma City and drove it back home to Canmore, Alberta via a stop over in Vegas.

Drove my Ford GT home with my wife from Vegas last year. That was a great trip.

Gotta be able to drive my cars home, that's a big part of the purchase experience for me.

QSS

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

For sure. Just look at the architecture in Rotterdam. Yikes.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Look past maybe the big picture of a Spyker, focus on the details.... They are beautiful, the shifter, the pedals, the engine turned surfaces. Reminds me of a Pagani.

Its also basically an R8, so can be serviced.

I regret not buying one, when they used to trade hands with a number that started with a 1.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Really Chip ? I've considered one for years so would like to hear your thoughts
You can come over and see mine. I agree they are loud, rattle, shift hard, poor brakes (even the Wilwoods), poor turning radius, very hard to get into, terrible visibility and on and on... but I love mine. You have to remember these are highly accurate clones of 1966 race cars. As long as you don’t plan to use it as a daily driver it’s a blast. It’s also a great companion to the ’06 and when my NFGT gets here this spring I’ll have all three generations. The Superformance models seem to hold their value pretty well so my cost to own it for a couple of years will be well worth it. Hell, the sound that 427 makes coming through the bundle of snakes is worth all the inconveniences!7212D510-28FF-4164-9A21-93D0E39664A1.jpegD5C022DF-5F5A-489D-B5AE-FCC5B75F2CF6.jpegD374C760-CD99-4796-B55D-45CC4CD450DF.jpeg

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I didn't realize you had one of these - I sure want to come seet it !!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You’re welcome to come seet it anytime you want. If the weathers good we may even stretch her legs!
I didn't realize you had one of these - I sure want to come seet it !!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I'll take you up on that - I'll come over in new GT :)

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'll take you up on that - I'll come over in new GT :)
[/QUOTE

Showoff.

Reactions: steved57

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
@06VistaBlueGT I missed your earlier post. Love the SVR.

Please post interior pics too, I am a sucker for red interiors.

Hey bud, my apologies for not seeing your reply sooner. Here are a few pics for you.

PXL_20201207_211427669.jpgPXL_20201207_211437199.jpg

Glad we're not alone with liking red interiors. It's funny, when my wife bought the car (it was on consignment in St Louis at an exotic dealer) she wasn't sure she was going to like the interior. The Ultra Blue was the exterior color she wanted, but 99% of the are black interiors. The moment it arrived and she opened the door, she fell in love with the interior! It's so so beautiful, especially against a bright blue metallic exterior color. Super rare color combo (only '18 SVR in this combo in the US, and 1 of 3 in the world that year). Had it not been red, it would be all black with thin blue highlights around the seat edges. This is so much better and looks fantastic!

Reactions: BM SoCal