What Wax Product do You Use on the Red Paint?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Or could be true on other colors as well, if they are non-metallic.

I have been using a less expensive spray on wax for both my cars for several years. On the metallic paint Diablo, it works great…….on the FGT, it leaves spots and looks greasy.

Anyone have a spray on wax they recommend for the non-metallic paint?

Thanks

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
i use this on all my toys, works amazing but does take time..

Zymol - Vintage™ - The Refilled for Life Collectors Show Glaze​

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Turtle Wax Ice. Paste after a full clay bar then spray for refreshing.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Pledge.....nice lemon smell.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Looking for a spray on solution if at all possible…..and 2 point deduction for Howard :)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Turtle wax has both paste, spray wax and a spray detailer. I paste wax after a clay bar (2 coats), then use the detailer for minor cleaning, then use the spray wax after a good wash (and again follow with detailer). If your paint already has a good wax you could just use the spray. Eventually you need to take it down to a fresh start and/or get a good detailing (ie, paint correction) to bring back to full shine.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Pledge.....nice lemon smell.
My buddy has been using Pledge for years on his boat, and I don't know what else. Looks great. He owns a body shop. FWIW

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
This sounds like an oil discussion. :censored:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I use my check book. I have 100% given up on me personally doing any advanced "detailing". Too much time, too much risk, too much trying to figure out what products to use etc etc etc. I let someone that knows what they are doing handle it. Ill wash cars, but that's it (using proper water, drying procedures, etc). The professional ceramic coatings do work pretty well, have it on a 2 year old super duty, that has not been cherished. A quick touch up by my guy, thing looked fantastic again.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I am surprised no one has mentioned
GRIOTS. They have products for every situation, from cleaning to complete paint correction.
The best part is you don't have to be a pro to use it.
I just finished up my new to me 1968 Saab Sonett with 55 year old original paint.
It went from so so, to brilliant.
It's dark now but I'll post some out in the sun pictures.
If it ever quits raining.

Attachments

• 20230328_210326.jpg
    20230328_210326.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
SpecRacer that is what you have those two punks for. Wax off, wax on.

Reactions: Specracer and jaxgt

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Without getting any convincing recommendations, I used a review CNET did (I guess they review everything) and bought the winner which the reviewer said is great on all types of automotive paint.

Just used it.....and what an improvement. No more greasy mess like the one that worked great on the metallic pearl Diablo, but sucked on the GT. Easy spray on application.

Problem solved

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Without getting any convincing recommendations, I used a review CNET did (I guess they review everything) and bought the winner which the reviewer said is great on all types of automotive paint.

Just used it.....and what an improvement. No more greasy mess like the one that worked great on the metallic pearl Diablo, but sucked on the GT. Easy spray on application.

Problem solved
Well ... which one?! 🙂