What should come with a new GT purchase?

GTX1Soon

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2006
I am very excited about picking up a new GT I just purchased. The GT has been on the showroom floor for a couple months, so I wanted to make sure that everything is still with the car. Could prior owners please tell me what should come with the car? For example, is there a nice GT binder for the owner's materials? What else besides the Owner's manual should there be? I just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Thanks!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Great question. I am in the same boat too. Looking forward to hearing from current owners. Also, is it two sets of keys with remotes? Any spare plastic wallet key, or anything out of the ordinary?

Aug 25, 2006
Here is what I found to be with mine;

1. Nice leather(ish?) binder with the owners manual, quick reference guide, tire warranty booklet, safety card, roadside assistance cards, warranty information booklet, 3 cardboard information cards on a string designed to hang from the shifter with instructions stating for the owner to remove; 1. vehicle transportation instructions, 2. air bag warning, and 3. ground clearance warning.
2. 2 keys and two remote controls
3. The car cover in a storage bag
4. A very basic battery trickle charger in a nice case
5. The mobility kit (tire inflating system still sealed)

As I recall this was it other than the feeling of awe when she arrives

Enjoy your new gal and take the time to get to know her before you exercise her otherwise she will smack you around a bit.

All the best

Shadowman

Last edited:

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Don't forget the Window Sticker!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Shadowman. I was just about to order a car cover - I didn't know they came with one. And yes, the window sticker - I've made sure that mine doesn't end up in the dealer trash can...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
GTX1Soon said:
I am very excited about picking up a new GT I just purchased. The GT has been on the showroom floor for a couple months, so I wanted to make sure that everything is still with the car. Could prior owners please tell me what should come with the car? For example, is there a nice GT binder for the owner's materials? What else besides the Owner's manual should there be? I just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Thanks!

don't forget reserved parking space in front of restaurants and strip clubs :rofl

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Window Sticker

From what I was told the dealer can order a replacement window sticker.

Additionally, according to an internet search I did for reserved parking spaces for either really good restaurants or strip joints - they have permanently been reserved for a white "leather" covered GT from Frez-no. :banana

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
SYCO GT said:
Thanks Shadowman. I was just about to order a car cover - I didn't know they came with one. And yes, the window sticker - I've made sure that mine doesn't end up in the dealer trash can...
The car cover is very nice, but offers only limited impact protection. To effective address this issue, I ordered a Noah cover from California Car Cover which I plan to use under the factory cover.

As far as the window sticker is concerned, I'm still waiting for the dealer to send mine. It could have wound up in the dealer's trash can - ugh!!!!!!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
PL510*Jeff said:
Additionally, according to an internet search I did for reserved parking spaces for either really good restaurants or strip joints - they have permanently been reserved for a white "leather" covered GT from Frez-no. :banana

Hello Jeff! :biggrin
Glad you like the leather touch... a little into s/m are you? :lol
Please it is FRES-YES!
Cheers,
Bony
Proud supporter of FRES-YES aka as Fresno

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Frez-Yes

Mr. Bony - leather is not my thing.

Bad Cuban or Island shirts maybe but not leather.

Glad to see that you found time to meet with the S-Cal group. Another GT
on the road and not in the garage.

Happy Motoring!
Jeff

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
PL510*Jeff said:
Mr. Bony - leather is not my thing.

Bad Cuban or Island shirts maybe but not leather.

Glad to see that you found time to meet with the S-Cal group. Another GT
on the road and not in the garage.

Happy Motoring!
Jeff

YEAH, had a good time going to Santa Barbara and back, the Fres-Yes owners don't want to come out and play which is darn shame. Hopefully we can get something going. :willy

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
ACRJoe said:
The car cover is very nice, but offers only limited impact protection...

I second that. I do not believe you will be happy with the factory cover. Leave wrapped up and order a better one from someplace like California Car Cover.

http://www.calcarcover.com/

Aug 25, 2006
Florida Chris said:
I second that. I do not believe you will be happy with the factory cover. Leave wrapped up and order a better one from someplace like California Car Cover.

http://www.calcarcover.com/

Agreed...... I was surprised when I opened it and then simply put it back in the bag...... no chance it will rest on my gal..... maybe a lawn mower...... there is no doubt that it will not treat the finish well.....

Shadowman

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Shadowman said:
Agreed...... I was surprised when I opened it and then simply put it back in the bag...... no chance it will rest on my gal..... maybe a lawn mower...... there is no doubt that it will not treat the finish well.....

Shadowman
Interestingly, Cal. Ca Cover claims that they make these covers for Ford. Shown on their website as the Superweave - not inexpensive and supposedly quite good, except for impact protection.

Aug 25, 2006
ACRJoe said:
Interestingly, Cal. Ca Cover claims that they make these covers for Ford. Shown on their website as the Superweave - not inexpensive and supposedly quite good, except for impact protection.

This may very be the case; however with all the covers I have in the shop I tend to like the like the very light weight cotton (easy to use and fold up) or the flannel if for long term storage where risk of contact from others or another car door etc is of concern. The cover that came with the GT feels more like a rip-cord material a plastic of sorts and seems to me that if slid around on the surface would be more inclined to scratch. If not so be it however my gal is black and I am not prepared to take such a chance; mother nature will cause enough of them without me helping the situation.

California Car Cover Company has shipped me many a cover and duster over the years; just none of this style. A good company with good products and yet all products are not for everyone.

My position remains the same; over my tractor or my Hummer; not the GT

Takes care

Shadowman

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Shadowman said:
My position remains the same; over my tractor or my Hummer; not the GT
I agree, that's why I bought a Noah.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Just a few extra things came with mine

I also got the above mentioned items with mine, but my dealer also gave me:

Ford GT Highlights DVD (Rick Titus)
Ford GT Dealer Handbook
"The All New 05 Ford GT" Brochure

Workshop Manual for the 2005 Ford GT (again, no cost)
Wiring Diagrams for the 2005 Ford GT

One Ford GT hat
One extra set of floor mats (the rubber kind that come with the car)

And of course, a full tank of fuel

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow. Roger - sounds like you have an exceptional dealer. Mine says they don't know anything about a car cover. Sounds like I probably want to order my own cover anyway.

Aug 25, 2006
Roger Vincent said:
I also got the above mentioned items with mine, but my dealer also gave me:

Ford GT Highlights DVD (Rick Titus)
Ford GT Dealer Handbook
"The All New 05 Ford GT" Brochure

Workshop Manual for the 2005 Ford GT (again, no cost)
Wiring Diagrams for the 2005 Ford GT

One Ford GT hat
One extra set of floor mats (the rubber kind that come with the car)

And of course, a full tank of fuel

Everything except keys to their facility; a very cool dealership and the way they took care of you is truly "first class"

Takes care

Shadowman

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
A happy association indeed.

I agree. They have been very helpful, and so far I can't complain one bit. All I have found so far was the hood which didn't align to suit me, but I took it back and they aligned it, and showed me what they did to adjust it. When I was explaining the problem to the service manager I inadvertantly nicked the paint by pullilng the release lever for the hood and opening the door at the same time...don't do it. It will knock about a 1/16th of an inch of paint off the top corner of the door. They repainted that section for me at no charge, and the work was brilliant. No difference in color, no overspray, and no way could I tell it had be repaired. They only had it for one day. So far it is a happy marriage.

Last edited: