What major events will Ford bring show GTs to next year?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
I don't know now that the Ford GT is a"production model" if it will justify having a show version at any future shows? I was at one show where the GR-1 Shelby Concept coupe was up on the turntable and the Ford GT was just on the floor like some regular old model (a star one year and...)
I would like to see at least one more show car squeezed out of the budget before the model is phased out.Maybe in Europe because the Ford GT is being shipped to Europe now. On the other hand,the Detroit Auto Show in Detroit is where all the hoopla is rolled out because most of the domestic auto executives are there, so the Detroit Auto Show could have something....any word?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bitzman said:
I don't know now that the Ford GT is a"production model" if it will justify having a show version at any future shows? I was at one show where the GR-1 Shelby Concept coupe was up on the turntable and the Ford GT was just on the floor like some regular old model (a star one year and...)
I would like to see at least one more show car squeezed out of the budget before the model is phased out.Maybe in Europe because the Ford GT is being shipped to Europe now. On the other hand,the Detroit Auto Show in Detroit is where all the hoopla is rolled out because most of the domestic auto executives are there, so the Detroit Auto Show could have something....any word?

I would expect to see several GT's at SEMA, last year BORLA had a red one on their stand with their exhaust system installed. I will have my camera ready.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Detroit has had the GT prominently displayed since the concept came out.

Two years ago they had a Tungsten with stripes along with the Shelby Roadster and new Mustang GT (i.e the trilogy). Last year the GR-1 was put in place of the roadster and the GT was on display as in stripeless tungsten form. They also had a full 5.4 GT motor on display, as well as this excellent GT cutaway where you literally walked through a GT cut in half. Really interesting. I snapped a few pics at the annual Charity Preview. I would have preferred to bring a better camera, but it's not easy in the penguin suit...

gtcutaway1.JPG

gtcutaway2.JPG

GR1.JPG
GR2.JPG

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
anyone from this board going to SEMA?