what legitamizes the gt as a true sports car?

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
what legitamizes the gt as a super car?

To me it is the following
1. the engine is built by roushe racing
2. The transmission is built by the same company that builds the tranny for the audi r8 which forever will be famous for its performance
3. Saleen builds the suspension and assembles the car
4. The fact top end is 212 mph (>200) and a 0-60 of 3.5 sec
5. 3500 in total (limited production run)
6. True racing heritage
7. all aluminum body
8. Nothing looks like it
9 the race seats
10 mid-engine design (should be #2 or #3 so not in the order of importance)

Why do I ask?
Seems like alot of owners drive or have owned some exotic vehicles and yet this ford has been deemed worthy of their attention. KUDOS to Ford who have shown us what they are capable of putting together. SO what turned your "crank" :frown about this car?

Last edited:

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Speed, Power, Beauty. To a lesser degree, class dominance, exclusivity and value.

As a side note, one reason I chose the Ford GT over a Ferrari is because even though Ferrari builds great cars, I never liked the fact that ol' Enzo (in the early 60's) had the Monza round of the sports car championship canceled when he relaized it was likely the Shelby Daytonas were gonig to kick his a$$ and take the championship.

More recently, Ferrari has declared that "...they will no longer provide cars to magazines for comparison tests". Primarily because the Ford GT was routinely and convincingly outperforming their cars in these tests.

Oh well. :biggrin

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
1 hauls ass
2 hauls ass
3 hauls ass

oh yeah it stops and turns well too........

Sorry could not resist.......

Andy

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
EasyEric said:
More recently, Ferrari has declared that "...they will no longer provide cars to magazines for comparison tests". Primarily because the Ford GT was routinely and convincingly outperforming their cars in these tests.

A ha ha hahahaha!

:lol