What is this? I am from Houston!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Well guess I will have to put the car up for a day or two.:willy

This is outside my office in Houston! Funny thing, I leave at 9 a.m. in the morning for a week in P.V. Mexico golfing and drinking. Can you say PERFECT timing!!!:cheers:cheers

Larry Boatner

Attachments

• DSC00638.jpg
    DSC00638.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 368
  • DSC00639.jpg
    DSC00639.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 383

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Ha Ha

Mannnnnnn I think I,ll go for a swim...after I go for a ride....LOL

Bill

Attachments

• Sea Hunt 6.JPG
    Sea Hunt 6.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 369

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Billy Ray,

Lloyd Bridges in SEA HUNT! One of my all time favorites!!! I owned a Scuba Shop in Austin Texas for 10 years and blame it on that show! As a very young, small child I would watch the show and play like I was diving thru the house. "OH, THOSE WERE THE YEARS!!!" I will be by the pool with a cocktail this time tomorrow so it isn't so bad.

Larry

BTW-2nd year in a row Houston has had a measurable snowfall. Where is that "Global Warming"

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But SPIRIT sez Texas weather is darn near TROPICAL! So, how can this BE!!!:lol

(I thin' mebbe he "fronts" for the state's chamber of commerce!:biggrin)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome to "Winter."

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Ralphie,

I hope to be in your area for Spring Break. My 16 yr old has skiied all over. One of the places we have missed is Mammouth. Hope to maybe share a cup of coffee with you!

Larry

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
My parents live in Houston. My dad just yesterday was told at MD Anderson Cancer Center that he has 4-8 weeks to live. Three weeks ago my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. They are having a real tough time. The snow actually made them both feel a little better today. It took their minds off their problems and let them just "BE" as they watched it and reflected on past Christmas'. Really amazing.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Gulf GT

I am so sorry! Please let me know if there is anything I can do locally. I am available to help with anything in a moments notice.

Your family will be in our prayers

Larry

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ralphie,

I hope to be in your area for Spring Break. My 16 yr old has skiied all over. One of the places we have missed is Mammouth. Hope to maybe share a cup of coffee with you!

Larry

Ask for the Race Department, and they'll get ahold of me.

Gulf - my prayers and best wishes go out to your parents

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Gulf,

Such sad news, your family will be in our prayers.

H

HHGT

My parents live in Houston. My dad just yesterday was told at MD Anderson Cancer Center that he has 4-8 weeks to live. Three weeks ago my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. They are having a real tough time. The snow actually made them both feel a little better today. It took their minds off their problems and let them just "BE" as they watched it and reflected on past Christmas'. Really amazing.

Having lost my Mom recently all I can tell you is spend as much time as you can with your parents. They will both be in my prayers. God Bless you and stay strong!

B'smooth

Mar 17, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
GULF,

PRAYERS and HOPE from US! Need wonderful natural scenes to ease the mind. :thumbsup Have a similar situation. HANG IN THERE AND STAND TALL. GOD BLESS.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Southern snow.

.....The snow actually made them both feel a little better today. It took their minds off their problems and let them just "BE" as they watched it and reflected on past Christmas'. Really amazing.

Gulf,

God bless your mom and dad, perhaps he sent that rare snow for them at that moment. We'll pray for your parents.

Chip

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Gulf,

God bless your mom and dad, perhaps he sent that rare snow for them at this moment. We'll pray for your parents.

Chip

We will too!
T&M

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

I am truly saddened by the news. I lost both of my parents to cancer. It is such a horrible disease. I wish the them and you the best. Please try to spend as much time with them as possible and enjoy what ever time you have left with them.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Gulf,

MDA is a great place. I have witnessed thier healing skills.
STORMCAT, above, offers powerful advice.
You and your parrents are in my prayers.

dm

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Thank you so much for your prayers, good wishes, and offers of help. MD Anderson is a great place. 5 years ago they gave him less than a year to live. My dad was placed on experimental chemo at that time, which is only available at MD Anderson and Sloan Kettering. He is the longest living survivor by far on the drug. My dad has also elected to donate his body to MD Anderson with the hope that he can help others as they have helped him. After retirement my dad served fulltime on several boards of groups that have built fire stations, libraries, community infrastructure, helped needy children, and on and on. This is guy that leaves me HUGE shoes to follow in. He has donated his time over his lifetime to help others and he has done truly great things. It was amazing to hear that even the cancer doc and the nurses choked up when they were giving the news to my dad this week. He is one of those guys that everyone likes and has no enemies in the entire world. He is one of theose people that you meet and immediately know that he has no "agenda" but to do the right thing. Even though "he knew this day was coming" it's so surreal.

Last edited:

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston

I just lost my Dad three years ago right before Christmas.....MD Anderson is an amazing facility but there is a lot of sadness there. I had one family member, an employee , and a friend there at one time in 2001. I spent a lot of time there that year....too many people die from this horrible disease.....I am minutes away myself from MD Anderson and would be glad to take anyhing over there or whatever in a pinch....PM me if I can help and God Bless your family.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Gulf,

I am a radiation oncologist, and I practice 5 minutes from MDACC. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Best wishes,

Sanjay

Aug 25, 2006

Words cannot convey the sadness felt.

If there is anything that I can do by all means let me know. You and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

The older I get the more the phrase "plan for tomorrow and yet live this very moment in time" means to me.

Nothing but the best

Shadowman