What have you done with your new Ford GT?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome Four 2021 Ford GT to Texas This week! Here’s the last one on the load delivered to Tint World in Webster, Texas today to the Texas City, Texas Ford Dealer who purchased my Dealership 14 years ago. He was chosen to be able to own Ford GT because he is the #1 Non-Contact Small Ford Dealer in the USA for last 6 Years! Congratulations Kedge Cook! I did pick the best to sell out to when I retired! Claud did a great job delivering Kedges New Ford GT# M204. Kedge is tall and he does fit (barely)! PS we’re saturating Texas with Ford GT’s!

Attachments

• 5D57C3DD-F767-47EA-95E7-7EDD1595C7D5.jpeg
    5D57C3DD-F767-47EA-95E7-7EDD1595C7D5.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 32
  • ABF66EA7-20B2-46F6-886F-8B797392B04E.jpeg
    ABF66EA7-20B2-46F6-886F-8B797392B04E.jpeg
    722.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 3B37A694-B994-4532-9AE0-4DD443205A9E.jpeg
    3B37A694-B994-4532-9AE0-4DD443205A9E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 5369E205-E907-4433-8913-737896BAB6C5.jpeg
    5369E205-E907-4433-8913-737896BAB6C5.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 34
  • F49D7D24-26D1-464E-90BB-84082352027F.jpeg
    F49D7D24-26D1-464E-90BB-84082352027F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 31

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Road tripping to Rally XIII

Attachments

• GTRally4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
At Fountain Hills park in Arizona.

My photos are not visible without a click, have I exceeded my limit of photo posting? (I can't currently seem to embed into the post)

Attachments

• GTRallyWater.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Home! TEXAS!!!F0BB092F-7FA3-4686-B4BC-66A26A998ACA.jpeg

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
I am not much for car shows, however, I will go out of my way to attend a charity car show.

A group of very serious car gals in suburban Philly organize charity C&C events for the benefit of local charities. One of these "Girls & Gears" charity events took place today.

I drove L054 to the event and even gave rides to a few people while I was there. Someone whispered in my ear that Amanda Bush, whom I had never met, would love to get a ride in L054. As Amanda and I were walking toward my GT, I recalled that I had learned earlier that day the Bush family owns, among other very high-horsepower beasts, a 760HP GT500. I figured that if Amanda can handle 760HP, then a GT with 100HP LESS than the GT500 ought to be a piece of cake for her. I asked Amanda if she would like to drive the GT, rather than to simply ride in it.

When we returned from the drive, I noticed Amanda's four-year-old son, Derek, standing nearby. I asked Amanda if she would like to take Derek for a spin in the GT. I thoroughly enjoyed watching mother and son drive off in my GT! As you can tell from the look on Derek's face, he seemed to enjoy the GT, too!

IMG_1414.jpgIMG_3622.jpg

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
After driving a Shelby 500 Mustang I have taken my 2017 Ford GT OFF THE MARKET! Since I have owned A 2006 Ford GT and my 2017 GT I know now I would never be satisfied with anything less than my GT. She’s out from under her cover, newly inspected, full of Fuel and ready to roll! Life is way too short to not enjoy it to its fullest! I have been Blessed To Be Chosen To Be A Ford GT Ambassador and will continue my journey! Thank You To My Lord and Maker As He Is in Control! PS. Sorry for not being able to make the Forum Rally 13 as my Duke Man got a bad case of Vertigo and I just couldn’t put him in a boarding kennel for the week! He’s doing much better now and Sue & I will make #14 for sure! Happy Driving To All My Ford GT Forum Friends! TomyCB20FC24-F92E-4E32-BA5A-E7529DB459D1.jpeg762D933B-5BB7-426F-8098-1874F4C5C34F.jpegCCF986C2-76FF-401B-B7E4-632C2CC23F89.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
He's back! 👍

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Great choice Mr. Hamon.... No doubt the GT 500 is a great car but nothing compares to owning a GT and you for one know that... Agree, life is to short and what a great trip the wife and I had with all the Ford GT folks and appreciate them warm welcome they gave to her on her first car outing/event.... Cant wait to do it again...

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Unloaded Reliable truck this morning and cleaned the dust and track grime off and no issues. Truck heading for Florida deliveries7BEAEA42-6D14-42B2-8B24-CACA4DA7D59F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Unloaded Reliable truck this morning and cleaned the dust and track grime off and no issues. Truck heading for Florida deliveries

Ah, so you're the driver's first delivery. He called me today and told me he dropped off Fayetteville GA and I'm next, tomorrow morning, then David @68Rcodeman then his 3 remaining Tampa area deliveries (y)

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
After driving a Shelby 500 Mustang I have taken my 2017 Ford GT OFF THE MARKET! Since I have owned A 2006 Ford GT and my 2017 GT I know now I would never be satisfied with anything less than my GT. She’s out from under her cover, newly inspected, full of Fuel and ready to roll! Life is way too short to not enjoy it to its fullest! I have been Blessed To Be Chosen To Be A Ford GT Ambassador and will continue my journey! Thank You To My Lord and Maker As He Is in Control! PS. Sorry for not being able to make the Forum Rally 13 as my Duke Man got a bad case of Vertigo and I just couldn’t put him in a boarding kennel for the week! He’s doing much better now and Sue & I will make #14 for sure! Happy Driving To All My Ford GT Forum Friends! Tomy
Glad to hear!
We can both hope to make the next rally!

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
After driving a Shelby 500 Mustang I have taken my 2017 Ford GT OFF THE MARKET! Since I have owned A 2006 Ford GT and my 2017 GT I know now I would never be satisfied with anything less than my GT. She’s out from under her cover, newly inspected, full of Fuel and ready to roll! Life is way too short to not enjoy it to its fullest! I have been Blessed To Be Chosen To Be A Ford GT Ambassador and will continue my journey! Thank You To My Lord and Maker As He Is in Control! PS. Sorry for not being able to make the Forum Rally 13 as my Duke Man got a bad case of Vertigo and I just couldn’t put him in a boarding kennel for the week! He’s doing much better now and Sue & I will make #14 for sure! Happy Driving To All My Ford GT Forum Friends! Tomy

Good news Tomy!
We missed you
👍

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Thats great news! Look forward to seeing you and Sue at the next one!

Reactions: 07XL0027

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas

Great news Tomy ! Hoping I can get an extended ride in her on my next Houston grandkid outing.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
A couple random questions:

1) What do you keep in the rear trunk of your NFGT? Will a non-aerosol bottle of spray wash survive in the heat of that compartment? Other suggestions for that area?

2) Any good place(s) for signatures on the NFGT? On the '05-'06 the obvious place was the engine strut braces...

Randy,

I wouldn’t put any liquids of any type in there. It’s too hot. I had a non aerosol bottle of detail spray back there and it got hot and leaked.

Chip

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
I am not much for car shows, however, I will go out of my way to attend a charity car show.

A group of very serious car gals in suburban Philly organize charity C&C events for the benefit of local charities. One of these "Girls & Gears" charity events took place today.

I drove L054 to the event and even gave rides to a few people while I was there. Someone whispered in my ear that Amanda Bush, whom I had never met, would love to get a ride in L054. As Amanda and I were walking toward my GT, I recalled that I had learned earlier that day the Bush family owns, among other very high-horsepower beasts, a 760HP GT500. I figured that if Amanda can handle 760HP, then a GT with 100HP LESS than the GT500 ought to be a piece of cake for her. I asked Amanda if she would like to drive the GT, rather than to simply ride in it.

When we returned from the drive, I noticed Amanda's four-year-old son, Derek, standing nearby. I asked Amanda if she would like to take Derek for a spin in the GT. I thoroughly enjoyed watching mother and son drive off in my GT! As you can tell from the look on Derek's face, he seemed to enjoy the GT, too!

View attachment 64768View attachment 64769

I was one of the lucky few to have gotten a ride from the owner! It made my month! ☺ Small backstory, I met the owner when he had the car on display at the dealer a few days after he took delivery. He graciously took time out of his day to meet me there and we chatted for close to an hour about this beautiful car and cars in general. Turns out we knew a lot of the same people.

I attended the show with my modified 2006 Mustang GT and my wife brought her 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 (she's one of the girls in the group). When we chatted during the show, I asked if it was possible and he made my wish come true! 🙏

I can't thank you enough LC for granting me a bucket list item I could check off! The car is INCREDIBLE! Having sold Fords for over 23 years (started at age 20 in '97-2020) before leaving due to severe Crohn's disease, and having driven several 2005-2006 Ford GTs, I was the "gear head" of the dealership and was called The Mustang Guy by many of my customers (it was on my business cards). So I was very familiar with the GT. Having attended a delivery of one and see my very good friends get their new car recently. Plus I read EVERYTHING I could about the car. Kept all the articles and saved all the different pics of the cars I saw online. Heck, I wore a GT hat every day on the sales floor along with the GT race team sweatshirt. So this was INCREDIBLE! The car is just insane. A beast of engineering and power. WHAT.A.MACHINE & WHAT A DAY! Thank you again LC!! 🙏🙏👍👍

Last edited:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Randy,

I wouldn’t put any liquids of any type in there. It’s too hot. I had a non aerosol bottle of detail spray back there and it got hot and leaked.

Chip
I put frozen hotdogs and buns in the trunk. Makes an excellent hotdog cooker.

Reactions: ScottK and Ed Sims

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I put frozen hotdogs and buns in the trunk. Makes an excellent hotdog cooker.

Genius. Just drop a stainless pot with 2 fingers of water, instapot steamer!

I ended up putting a small non-aerosol spray bottle of detailer and micro fiber cloths inside an insulated fabric zipper lunch bag, a few small tools and that survived the 1,500 miles to and from the Arizona Rally XIII.

You can see the orange box-ish insulated container next to the factory issued supplies.

And a visit last Thursday, with Ford GT Lead Exterior Designer, Giancarlo Viganego.

IMG_0103.jpg

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

View attachment 64768View attachment 64769

love that color combo

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Saw this beauty at a local GTG in So Cal. Also, a Badlands Ford Bronco. And a Superformance GT40.

FinishLine-0004482.jpg

FinishLine-0004492.jpg

FinishLine-0004495.jpg