What do the Forum members think of the Z06

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
bondmid003 said:
But why bash someone else's choice? I love the GT but the prices are just astronomical with all the dealer gouging still. I'm sorry but no car is worth 60K and up OVER sticker. The GT is amazing but it ain't the Enzo.

It's not even close to over sticker now if you're a smart shopper (or just don't want to waste your time looking all over the place). Some dealers may ask crazy prices only because they are content to have them sit and drive showroom traffic or "demo" them themselves. Try

www.fordgtprices.com

A large portion of guys here paid at or under MSRP thanks to that site. :cheers

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
bondmid003 said:
dear Lord does a snobbish attitude come with every GT? Z's are a dime a dozen and belong in the rain??? Seriously some of the snobby attitudes on this forum make the folks over at rennteam.com look like rednecks. On a serious note respect the car for what it is because you won't find an ounce of negativity concerning the GT over at corvetteforum.com That said any GT owners in the Quantico VA area that want to go motoring with a me and my dime a dozen 06 Z, send a PM.

as a Z06 owner i must say when i said dime a dozen i didn't mean to infer the car was not worth its price. what i was trying to say was there are more of these on the road than GT's. i used the wrong terminology in an attempt to say what i meant. unfortunately my bad choice of description infers that the car is cheap and not worth the price it sells for which is simply not true. i feel that the Z06 is priced accurately for what you get.

so let me try this again - "for the $$$ the Z06 is the best car you can buy in terms of performance. because 6,000 Z06's are made every year compared to the 4,000 total GT's made it means that the car is much more common to be seen on the road than a GT which is much more rare to be seen. personally to me its more desireable to drive a car that is more rare even if it costs more money or might be considered less of a value relative to its price. no i don't own a GT so i can't say that the car is overpriced or underpriced but i will say that the rarity of the car makes it worth more money to a Z06 or even a viper in my opinion. also the racier/sexier look of the GT compared to a Z06 or viper in my opinion means that it is worth more $$$. but then again just because i think the GT looks sexier and more racy than a Z06 or viper might not mean that you agree. some men think blondes are sexier but personally i find brunettes to be more sexy. so with that said i am willing to pay more money to have a GT than a Z06 or viper but i am not willing to sell my Z06 or my viper in order to make it happen so i will just have to wait a few more years to buy one. personally i say why pick one if you can have them all. if the GT was available at the time i bought my viper back in 2001 i would have bought it instead."

Last edited:

Pipelion

Freddy,

I agree, brunettes are sexier. A blond must be much more attractive to be equally sexy. :cool

Allan

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
bondmid003 said:
you won't find an ounce of negativity concerning the GT over at corvetteforum.com

now THAT is a funny statement.........obviously you haven't spent much time over there.

bondmid003

Apr 17, 2006
Gulf Breeze, FL
satx said:
now THAT is a funny statement.........obviously you haven't spent much time over there.

I am over there all the time, at least on the C6 Z board and the only somewhat negative thing I've heard is that some feel the GT is slightly overpriced. I honestly wish Ford would keep making it because it is definitely the first American car that made euro snobs think twice about....until the Z came along and started making converters out of 911 enthusiasts. Hopefully one day I'll find a GT at a price a marine officer can afford.

This is slightly off topic but are there any board members that have an actual GT40?

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
GT Prices

There's no doubt in my mind that the GT prices will come down, especially on the 2nd hand market. It irks me to no end that the Ford dealers (or any dealer i.e. Ferrari and their 430) ask for amounts over MSRP. All that does is pave the way for some poor sucker to pay lots of MSRP, which the car's not worth, and then get killed when the market eventually settles, which it will.
The GT Prices site shows how many unsold GT's there are, and trust me, eventually, these dealers are going to want them moved.
So, be patient, and yes you too, a Marine Officer can obtain one.
Rob

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I agree that 615hp is a joke for the mythical blue devil, because the blue devil is just pipe dream hype!
Car company's in trouble don't make cars like that. This rumor is not far from the same one the viper board has been spreading for about 3 years, close to the same numbers also.

Last edited:

Pipelion

jamie said:
I agree that 615hp is a joke for the mythical blue devil, because the blue devil is just pipe dream hype!
Car company's in trouble don't make cars like that. This rumor is not far from the same one the viper board has been spreading for about 3 years, close to the same numbers also.

Jamie,

Sorry, you will eat these words. Both about hte Blue Devil and about the HP. Not that I hope you do. If you are refering to the 615hp number response from me, as I said something like "pathetic" , I meant ( 615HP) is an extremly low inaccurate figure.

That's as specific as I can be.

Allan

PS Don't get mad at me, even a little. :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
White Petunia said:
This thread is being discussed on corvetteforum

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1365437

No board wars please :cheers Not saying anyone would start one, but a friendly reminder. I'd hate this board to get inundated with people here for nothing other than to argue. I talk occassionally over there because I've been on since 01 and have many Corvetteforum friends from track events, get togethers etc.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
FORDGT001 said:
Ford wasn't losing 12 Billion a year like GM is when it decided to build the GT, In fact when the GT went into production ford was Profitable.

GM was profitable worldwide, just like Ford when the rumors of the Blue Devil started.

Dave

Johnny Speed

GT Owner
Mar 2, 2006
Indiana
In the April 2006 issue of NCM's America's Sports Car magazine, GM Vice-Chairman Bob Lutz is quoted as saying "...if Corvette were an independent entity, it would be the single most profitable auto company in the world."

This is the why, and the justification, that there will be a Super Corvette, along with the fact that Bob Lutz and the new Corvette Engineer, Tom Wallace are "Car Guys". They make things happen and want to leave their mark on Corvette's storied 53-year legacy.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Pipelion said:
Jamie,

Sorry, you will eat these words. Both about hte Blue Devil and about the HP. Not that I hope you do. If you are refering to the 615hp number response from me, as I said something like "pathetic" , I meant ( 615HP) is an extremly low inaccurate figure.

That's as specific as I can be.

Allan

PS Don't get mad at me, even a little. :cheers
If GM has another year like 05 they will be in Bankruptcy, there close already with Delphi causing them major trouble. The BD is still a long way off so don't bet your life on it, It won't matter how much HP it has if it never sees the light of day. I hope they build it. But I can send a 06Z to Lingenfelter and get TT 800 HP for what the BD will sticker for and the Lingenfelter will Blow the Doors off the BD. I've driven the a C5 Lingenfelter TT 750 HP car and it was Awesome and very docile a daily driver if you will.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
barondw said:
GM was profitable worldwide, just like Ford when the rumors of the Blue Devil started.

Dave
You Missed my Point, Ford was profitable when the GT went into "Production"(Actually being built). GM is losing its Ass and is considering putting this BD into production when its losing Billions. Maybe this does make sense all of the GM Brass will be driving $125K corvettes when the Company Tubes just like Enron(Does this sound familar).