What are the chances?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Why not?! Matthew 7:7 says 'go for it'!

You're covered! :biggrin

Dang... I better start reading the bible again... Forgot about that one...

Ask, Seek Knock...
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.…

I will not only pray but I will ask, seek and knock until the Phoenix comes home :)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You guys are really funny with all this -

Should I post a picture of my father in his Model "T" (not GT) - haha

This thread borders on ridiculous...

Ridiculous times call for Ridiculous measures..... :biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Check out our new SUV

image.jpeg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You guys are really funny with all this -

Should I post a picture of my father in his Model "T" (not GT) - haha

This thread borders on ridiculous...

You guys think I'm joking - here is a picture of my father, John, in 1926 (he would have been 20) with his fairly new Ford Model "T" Runabout Roadster. Big Deal - what does that have to do with today??

View attachment 41281

I learned to drive in a 1955 Ford Customline - So what! - that's what my parents had at the time! If they would have had a Pontiac, I would have learned in that!

None of this has anything to do with the new GT!!

What I think should count is people like Jeff Larson who has taken his GT to every state of the US in all seasons, except Alaska and Hawaii - proudly showing off Ford's superb engineering and manufacturing capabilities to the general public in all small towns of the country! Or a Jay Leno, with a reputation that is respected throughout the automotive world. Or a Dan Gurney, who helped create the legacy of these cars and put the Ford name at the top of the world, and continues to do so! Or a Dave Bannister, who puts together events to showcase both the cars and their owners. Or, a Mark McGowan and Gene Martindale who ensure that these cars are safe for you to drive, and provide valuable feedback to the design engineers. And a GT Joey, who publishes books devoted to our cars, and promotes events around them.

Start doing things that mean something in Ford's eyes, not begging on a forum for Ford officials to read about. Grow up! This thread sounds like a bunch of whiney kids trying to impress Ford with their abilities, desires and selfishness.

I hope and wish that all of you that can afford the new GT will get one - It won't be me, as I know that I don't have the pesos so I don't have to worry about it. But, stop this incessant whining!!!

I know you won't like what I'm saying - but that's what it sounds like to me.

Last edited:

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Well said Ralphie!

Love the picture, but where's your dad's ponytail?

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Ralphie, I like your recommendations on "who". I would add to the list the GT Guys, who have dedicated their careers (much more love for the cars than just a business) to keeping so many of our GTs tuned, tricked, and on the road.
It's too bad we couldn't make such recommendations to Ford, without it becoming a "vote for me" political thing.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ralphie, I like your recommendations on "who". I would add to the list the GT Guys, who have dedicated their careers (much more love for the cars than just a business) to keeping so many of our GTs tuned, tricked, and on the road.
It's too bad we couldn't make such recommendations to Ford, without it becoming a "vote for me" political thing.

I totally agree about the GT Guys - I don't know how I could have not included them! Sorry Rich & Denis, you belong right up there!! The two of you are invaluable to the Ford GT community.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Not sure about everyone that has posted here on this thread, but I for one see this thread as mostly tongue in cheek.... people having a little fun while we wait for the process to begin. Sure those of us that would like to be considered have let it be known... Also from what we have heard this car is to be considered a Ford Customer Appreciation vehicle. So the fact that your family may have been long time customers of Ford products may play into the mix... who knows but the Ford Exec's and a few others. We will not know that until the process begins.

a few people that should be considered were mentioned... I am sure they will all be considered or may be on top of the list... but that still leave around 990 more GT's to go around.

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Kinda agree with Jerry. Bunch of guys waiting around for the application process to begin having some fun with forum friends. No?

PS, did you guys know my dad and his friend purchased GT40 P 1060 in '68 from CS, still have the Families '73 Pantera purchased new, that I've owned numerous Ford F 150's and purchased 2 XKR's for my English wife (who's cousin works for Ford in England by the way) when Ford owned Jaguar? Just saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Projected production...250 cars / year for 4 years, only 1000 or so total.
Personally I think Ford is making a mistake - if the car makes any profit at the expected price of $400k, good. But the real benefit to Ford would be the good-will and magnetism of the new GT. This will largely be lost if there are so few that the majority of people (including fans) will never see one in person. I understand and appreciate Ford's attempt to prevent profiteering and sell to those who will put the cars on the road, the track, cars & coffee, etc. The campaign would be much more effective, and the GTs no less beautiful if they made 4038 of them!
Ford: MAKE MORE!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
How far back do we go for loyalty points? Do generations count? Lets see my dad owned a 1957 Ford Fairlane, a 1962 Ford Falcon, a 1968 Ford LTD, a 1973 Ford LTD, a 1983 Ford LTD, a 1995 Lincoln Town Car.
I own a 1968 Ford Shelby Eleanor - the last Super Snake completed by Unique performance before the company folded, a 1962 Lincoln Continental Convertible, a 2006 Ford GT, a 2016 Ford F250 Diesel, and previously a 2007 Ford F250 Diesel. Is that loyalty?

Please don't bring up Unique Performance. That wound is still festering

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Ralphie,

You forgot to add my name to your list just because I'm a nice guy and want one -- at a huge discount of course.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I've always wondered if you meant your screen name to be "Too Awsum"

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Ha, ha. Yup, that's it, Too Awsum, had to remove a letter to fit on a FL license plate. A guy can dream.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Ha, ha. Yup, that's it, Too Awsum, had to remove a letter to fit on a FL license plate. A guy can dream.

Except it makes you sound illiterate. I would have gone with something else. Sorry, did I just say that out loud? :biggrin

Just teasing.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You guys think I'm joking - here is a picture of my father, John, in 1926 (he would have been 20) with his fairly new Ford Model "T" Runabout Roadster. Big Deal - what does that have to do with today??

I learned to drive in a 1955 Ford Customline - So what! - that's what my parents had at the time! If they would have had a Pontiac, I would have learned in that!

None of this has anything to do with the new GT!!

What I think should count is people like Jeff Larson who has taken his GT to every state of the US in all seasons, except Alaska and Hawaii - proudly showing off Ford's superb engineering and manufacturing capabilities to the general public in all small towns of the country! Or a Jay Leno, with a reputation that is respected throughout the automotive world. Or a Dan Gurney, who helped create the legacy of these cars and put the Ford name at the top of the world, and continues to do so! Or a Dave Bannister, who puts together events to showcase both the cars and their owners. Or, a Mark McGowan and Gene Martindale who ensure that these cars are safe for you to drive, and provide valuable feedback to the design engineers. And a GT Joey, who publishes books devoted to our cars, and promotes events around them.

Start doing things that mean something in Ford's eyes, not begging on a forum for Ford officials to read about. Grow up! This thread sounds like a bunch of whiney kids trying to impress Ford with their abilities, desires and selfishness.

I hope and wish that all of you that can afford the new GT will get one - It won't be me, as I know that I don't have the pesos so I don't have to worry about it. But, stop this incessant whining!!!

I know you won't like what I'm saying - but that's what it sounds like to me.

Oh Ralphie,, I'm heart broken,, you left me off your list !! Comon man... are you forgetting the creator of " Bottle Holders " ..:lol

Kinda agree with Jerry. Bunch of guys waiting around for the application process to begin having some fun with forum friends. No?

PS, did you guys know my dad and his friend purchased GT40 P 1060 in '68 from CS, still have the Families '73 Pantera purchased new, that I've owned numerous Ford F 150's and purchased 2 XKR's for my English wife (who's cousin works for Ford in England by the way) when Ford owned Jaguar? Just saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

Yep,, just having some fun while we are waiting, ,, I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the Snow Board, :pop:pop

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I have GT40 slot cars older than you guys.

One of my relatives gave me this long ago. Always cherished it.

I know that our doors may be endearingly awkward. But at least they open. Heheh.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Not sure about everyone that has posted here on this thread, but I for one see this thread as mostly tongue in cheek.... people having a little fun while we wait for the process to begin.

That's how I took it. Just for fun!

To quote from the movie Gladiator, "we've got a better chance of survival if we work together..." - Maximus

Roc Spo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 7, 2006
Judging from the criteria members of the forum predict will be important to Ford in issuing the allocations, hundreds of applicants will be deemed more deserving than I. That does not stop me from wanting one though! If only Ford could somehow see into our hearts, and accurately gauge our love of our GTs, and how much joy they bring to our lives, I like to think that I'd be substantially higher on the list. Regardless of the actual criteria, Good Luck to Everyone!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'm sure they have a plan to be as fair as possible... Just hope many of us make the cut.