GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Convenience stores security cameras.

Gentlemen,

He's one of my best customers. :cheers I have 16 cameras at my Chevron all recording 5 frames a second onto a massive hard drive with enough capacity to store a weeks worth of video before the oldest images are recorded over. We arrest and trespass an average of one person A DAY using the video as evidence. I am constantly amazed at the things that we catch (and don't catch) at my store. People who circulate primarily among a successful circle of friends would have a hard time fathoming how low humanities average common denominator is.

Last Friday we finally caught (tackled in my parking lot) a 17-year-old kid who has done over $20,000 in vandalism damage to my store. This young man was spray painting (tagging) 20 or 30 items on my property per day with spray paint and permanent magic markers. He is currently on probation for criminal damage and has been arrested twice before for vandalism. As this was his third arrest he was cuffed and taken to jail. His illegal alien parents insist that he is the victim as we did not arrest him in a gentle enough manner and he received some scratches while resisting arrest and before we could handcuff him. His father is currently trying to press assault charges against me and intends to file a lawsuit. In cases like this that video record is worth its weight in gold. These cameras not only assist in prosecuting criminals, and they're also indispensable in protecting and defending shopkeepers like myself when we detain somebody.

I long for the days of Mayberry.

Chip

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Chip:
How do you deal with this bull$h!t? Unbelievable!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Chip:
How do you deal with this bull$h!t? Unbelievable!

Yea, what he asked. I can see video must be indispensable for you!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Chip, I know your pain. Some of my customers would rival the best olympic sprinters.

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
I feel your pain! PD

Aug 25, 2006
Sad

Shadowman

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
In the old days (read, ten years ago) the cops could take the drunk and roll him down the embankment at the edge of town to recover, completely out of the way. Now it's a $4000 emergency room with "taxi" (ambulance) service that, hey, we pay for! Even a couple of times a day, for the same person.