Wanna laugh, check out the dealer's asking price for this GT in Maui!

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I was wondering why this dealer still had it, that is till I wandered over and looked at the window stick!
img12771ik.jpg

img12792sv.jpg

img12785pe.jpg

Makes mine look like a bargain imported and heavily taxed in another country!:rofl:rofl :rofl LMFAO

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Gee Whiz......

Who would'nt be happy to sell at that price......

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But, Guys!! The Car Is Blue!!!!! Blue's Worth All The Extra Bux!!

( Haven't we discussed this car B4? Or was that some OTHER dreamer - uh - dealer over there?)

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
This reminds me of something a Honda motorcycle dealer did in 1997. He had a 1996 Smokin Joes edition CBR600 that retailed for about $6,500 but had it on his showroom floor for listed for $27,000. The reason for the high price tag was that he had no intentions of selling it. He acquired it for himself and didn't want to title it! Funny thing was that another salesman at a Harley Dealer saw me ride up on my Smokin Joes Honda, and told me that he had a customer who had been looking for one, but did not want to spend the $27,000 to buy it. I offered him mine for $15,000! After the bank checked the blue book value, the dude ran! Imaging trying to finance or lease a Ford for half a million dollars :frown (I still have the bike in my collection with all my other race replicas, its still worth about $6500 today.)

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
But, Guys!! The Car Is Blue!!!!! Blue's Worth All The Extra Bux!!

( Haven't we discussed this car B4? Or was that some OTHER dreamer - uh - dealer over there?)

I just search and and sure enough there is post on it from November. Thought I was the first, d'oh. Well at least I got the photos to prove it! :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I just search and and sure enough there is post on it from November. Thought I was the first, d'oh.:lol

Aaaaaaaah! No big deal! Who cares! ('second chance to laugh at it!)

I think Tim's assessment is correct. The price virtually ASSURES it won't be sold ...but, if it IS - JACKPOT!!!!!!!:banana :banana :banana

Uuuuuuh... by the way, OZ, what th' gallopin' clang IS on the front of the "T" shirt you were wearin' when you took those GT photos!!!!!!!

Last edited:

GUNNAR

Jan 23, 2007
Marin County, CA
I recently purchased a new `05. It had the same type sticker but the "Dealer's asking price was only $242,000. I bought it for $5K under MSRP. When I asked the salesman why they still had the car in stock he answered "one word... greed".

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I recently purchased a new `05. It had the same type sticker but the "Dealer's asking price was only $242,000. I bought it for $5K under MSRP. When I asked the salesman why they still had the car in stock he answered "one word... greed".

Gunnar, welcome, did you contact Awsum GT and join the California registry.
Where are you in Marin County?

GUNNAR

Jan 23, 2007
Marin County, CA
Hi bony, thanks for the welcome. I am new to all this and just joined this forum today but I have been following it since I bought my GT in December. I haven't joined the California registry as yet, but will be doing so. I am in San Anselmo. My car is a late `05, Quicksilver with black stripes. I found it at a local dealer. My first impressions are really positive...but I ordered a set of retainer bolts today to have on hand after reading about all the problems with them.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hi bony, thanks for the welcome. I am new to all this and just joined this forum today but I have been following it since I bought my GT in December. I haven't joined the California registry as yet, but will be doing so. I am in San Anselmo. My car is a late `05, Quicksilver with black stripes. I found it at a local dealer. My first impressions are really positive...but I ordered a set of retainer bolts today to have on hand after reading about all the problems with them.

Cool, I am a native of the City. You found the place to be to learn about your GT.
Cheers,
daniel

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Think I'll ship my ride over to Maui via Matson, park it across the street with a big FOR SALE $300,000 sign, go surfing and relax a little, then come back to Cali and buy 2 GT's :cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Guess I got a "DEAL" on mine.

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Ouch FGT cost

I bought my FGT in 2005 and the dealer was asking $250k. After back and forth I paid $179k, which at the time was the price.

I fellow in my development has three FGT;s. I have seen them. Two he bought for an investment. He said he can sell them in Japan for $500k each.
He has contacts etc and so forth.

Lee :eek

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Thats a sticker i never want

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I bought my FGT in 2005 and the dealer was asking $250k. After back and forth I paid $179k, which at the time was the price.

I fellow in my development has three FGT;s. I have seen them. Two he bought for an investment. He said he can sell them in Japan for $500k each.
He has contacts etc and so forth.

Lee :eek

Let him know that he can buy my '06 GT for a mere $350K. I'll let him make the easy $150K.

:thumbsup

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
ladams1 he can have mine too!!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Just got back from Maui and a stroll by the dealer. Surprise it's still available however the price has been slashed to $265,000.oo. Another surprise would be if you could get your GT out of second gear anywhere on the Island. The traffic was brutal.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Just got back from Maui and a stroll by the dealer. Surprise it's still available however the price has been slashed to $265,000.oo. Another surprise would be if you could get your GT out of second gear anywhere on the Island. The traffic was brutal.

The traffic on Oahu was ridiculous when I was stationed there in 1967-70! I can only IMAGINE how completely HOPELESS it is now!:bang :bang :bang

A GT is a total WASTE over there on ANY of the Islands. There's just NO PLACE TO RUN 'EM. You'd be better off on a hot bike...

(If I remember right, the top speed posted over there was the one on the Kam Highway. A whopping 50MPH ...for about 3 miles. BIG DEAL! And even THAT was more than the natives could deal with at that time! I'd bet they arn't any better at it NOW either!!!)

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS

That sure is a slash! He's almost got it down to his 'adjusted market value'! I'm sure it's going to run out the door at $265k as well! LOL:lol