volt meter playing !!

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
hi again just got my car bak from the dealership with the oil leaking problem solved took it for a spin , now here is the good part i had the cd player on no problem (stock sound system) and there was a song i liked soo off i went pop the cd player to max volume and "check guage" is flashing on me lol surprised the volt meter went straight to low but when you bring bak the volume down the volt meter goes bak to normal :willy

any ideas why this had happened ??? the only thing tht i could think off is the battery connections are loose but i didnt look at it yet

i wonder wats next!!!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Just for the hell of it, check the ground connection. Seems it would be the easiest first step. I think if you go to search you will find all the information you need.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Clean and tighten the ground at the battery. The Optima battery's lose their charge if the car sits for a long time or is not on the trickel charger. They do not respond well to recharging at a slow rate . A fast recharge rate should be avoided

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Clean and tighten the ground at the battery. The Optima battery's lose their charge if the car sits for a long time or is not on the trickel charger. They do not respond well to recharging at a slow rate . A fast recharge rate should be avoided

Correction?

They do not respond well to recharging at a fast rate . A fast recharge rate should be avoided

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
cleaned tightened the wires on the positive and negatives still the same lol maybe i should not turn the sound to bloody max volume thts the easiest solution i have

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Maximum current draw of the amplifier may be exceeding the output of the alternator, dropping its output voltage. If the battery is not fully charged, the check gauge indicator will be activated.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Is there a way you could check the Cranking Amps of your battery to see if it has enough woof to power everything?

I assume it does, otherwise you wouldn't be starting your engine, but it might be worth a check....

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
It's not clear from your report regarding cleaning of the battery terminals that the FRAME ground connection was cleaned to bare metal and tightened, not just the battery-end of the ground cable.

Howard

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
i realy dont know what to do perhaps i would do a check on the battery or maybe open the dash and see the wires are held okay , what i guessed of wat mite be the problem is tht when u put the volume on max , this will cause vibrations and when the wires inside move it starts to play around tht wats most probably is but i would rather not open the dash and behave myself and go on intermediate volume on the cd player