Video: 2012 Nissan GT-R vs 2005 Ford GT.....

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
not bad for the Ford GT hanging with the 2012 GT-R using launch control....

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/video-2012-nissan-gt-r-using-launch-control-vs-2005-ford-gt

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I especially like the part where they race through the school zone :frown

Putting that aside, great comparison.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That GTR can pretty much destroy anything in class off the line, but doesn't have the power to weight to win much further than a few hundred feet off the line. It's go a sub 3 second 0-60...but a few hundred feet after that...or even on a roll...it's done.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
The video link is not working for me

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Thats why you have to tune them, but when you do they are unreal!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
That GTR can pretty much destroy anything in class off the line, but doesn't have the power to weight to win much further than a few hundred feet off the line. It's go a sub 3 second 0-60...but a few hundred feet after that...or even on a roll...it's done.

Except a 911 turbo with launch control and PDK...........And with a 700hp EVO package on the 911 turbo with the PDK

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Sounded like a lot of SC whine, is that stock or whip? I know they say pulley/tune, but noticed the SC whine was very loud, and AWESOME!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Could just be the audio.
Nicely launched GT to more or less keep up with the GTR from a stop. My feet are not quite that coordinated.

H

HHGT

My observations...

1) As my teenage son would say "OWNED".. Whom ever gets across the finish line first - WINS!
2) The next video shows the Lexus vs. Nissan... It sounded like two lawnmowers racing
3) Launch control "YES"... Track Car "YES"... Sex Appeal "NONE"... Future Collectible "NOT LIKELY"... Depreciation "HUGE"
4) If I won either in a raffle, they would be sold and $ used for something that would stir my soul

My $0.02

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
Fiksegts what part of s.fla are you in theres a couple of us in miami.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
GT-R's hold value very well.... better than any of it's direct competition....

H

HHGT

Numers tell the tale

GT-R's hold value very well.... better than any of it's direct competition....

I don't know who their competition is so I guess I'm showing my ignorance...

As far as resale goes.. In 2009 they has an MSRP of $70K and many fetched $7,500 to $10K plus over MSRP. Mind you ZR1s, M6s, Gran Tourismo etc... have all plummeted as well

Here is what they have been wholesaling for in the past 60 days. So yes..they're resale is horrible...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 211

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
My observations...

1) As my teenage son would say "OWNED".. Whom ever gets across the finish line first - WINS!
2) The next video shows the Lexus vs. Nissan... It sounded like two lawnmowers racing
3) Launch control "YES"... Track Car "YES"... Sex Appeal "NONE"... Future Collectible "NOT LIKELY"... Depreciation "HUGE"
4) If I won either in a raffle, they would be sold and $ used for something that would stir my soul

My $0.02

Agree --particularly with points 3 and 4. I own Vipers and living in a glass house cannot throw stones re depreciation (although they are doing a little better lately) It could do 0-60 in 1.2 but for me it still looks like a Japanese sports car. No offense to any owners here and I am sure they are wonderful cars, but I just cannot get into them. I guess when it comes down to it I am a red neck who likes American muscle with what I feel like are classic lines.

H

HHGT

No offense to any owners here and I am sure they are wonderful cars, but I just cannot get into them. I guess when it comes down to it I am a red neck who likes American muscle with what I feel like are classic lines.

+1

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Doesn't your manheim pic prove basically the opposite? A car with nearly 30,000 miles going for 80% of MSRP is really good resale.

Nice footage. GT is an animal.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The video link is not working for me

It worked for me after a fashion, that is, it started...then froze...then fast forwarded itself PAST the actual 0-60 part!

But, as to the 0-60 specs for the 2 cars; it's kinda surprising the FGT did as well as it did considering the GT-R's gearing, AWD, launch control, and H.P.

(Gearing: FGT = 2.61, 1.71, 1.23 ... GT-R = 4.056, 2.301, 1.595)

H

HHGT

Doesn't your manheim pic prove basically the opposite? A car with nearly 30,000 miles going for 80% of MSRP is really good resale.

Nice footage. GT is an animal.

I don't know Dave. If I went in 2009 and spent $80K (and had my warranty voided because I launched controlled) and then used the avg. price of $62K that would translate to a 25% depreciation not to mention tax, license etc... And at the end of the day, I would still have a GTR.

Someone please tell me what Japanese car are considered to be Exotic and a Supercar and do not sound like Lawnmowers? NSX and the Fairlady Z are beautiful and I would consider owning them, but the rest of them... Not for me... No Thanx!

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
Taking the worst case scenario with your figures, losing $15k over with a decent amount of miles over 2.5 years on a $71k car is VERY good, plenty of people payed MSRP for them.... That's $500/month.... compare that against a corvette, viper, lambo, ferrari, porsche or anything else that is still being produced over this time period...

I don't know who their competition is so I guess I'm showing my ignorance...

As far as resale goes.. In 2009 they has an MSRP of $70K and many fetched $7,500 to $10K plus over MSRP. Mind you ZR1s, M6s, Gran Tourismo etc... have all plummeted as well

Here is what they have been wholesaling for in the past 60 days. So yes..they're resale is horrible...

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Depreciation or not, They sure pack a ton of punch for the MSRP.

Personally I really disliked the looks but somehow it is growing on me. Maybe because I know how well engineered they are.

Last, I wish I lived in Florida right now. Love to have my boat out on a lift in the back yard. Up here, I am lucky to get 8 solid weeks of boating weather. :frown

H

HHGT

Taking the worst case scenario with your figures, losing $15k over with a decent amount of miles over 2.5 years on a $71k car is VERY good, plenty of people payed MSRP for them.... That's $500/month.... compare that against a corvette, viper, lambo, ferrari, porsche or anything else that is still being produced over this time period...

For what its worth, my S550 has had a 60% depreciation in 3 years, but I am able to write it off as I am sure many will be able to do with the GTR. Of course I bought it 1-1/2 yr old with 2,900 miles on her at 40% off MSRP. In my opinion this is the best way to purchase cars that have horrible depreciation.