Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
!st thing that popped into my head was the fact that the cooling fins on the stock CBX mill were designed to work with the block installed almost totally vertical (so the fins would be horizontal to the air flow)...but he has now laid one 'bank' horizontally. I'm no engineer, but, 'twould seem to me he ought to have incorporated an air scoop under the mill that would send cooling air upward thru those now 'vertically positioned' fins on the lower 6 cylinders. :shrug

'Still a most impressive project regardless! (Hope he never dumps it! It'll take 3 men and a boy to lift it off him!)

Buzz Killer Pockets

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Insane!

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
!st thing that popped into my head was the fact that the cooling fins on the stock CBX mill were designed to work with the block installed almost totally vertical (so the fins would be horizontal to the air flow)...but he has now laid one 'bank' horizontally. I'm no engineer, but, 'twould seem to me he ought to have incorporated an air scoop under the mill that would send cooling air upward thru those now 'vertically positioned' fins on the lower 6 cylinders. :shrug

'Still a most impressive project regardless! (Hope he never dumps it! It'll take 3 men and a boy to lift it off him!)

Buzz Killer Pockets

I think he might be trying to compensate by installing those nice size oil coolers.

John

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:agree: Yeeeeeeep...that's probably the best guess alright...