Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Did it blow cold before you charged it?
And/or is it blowing colder after you charged it?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Did it blow cold before you charged it?
And/or is it blowing colder after you charged it?
It worked fine before and still does. Only 9 miles since so hard to say if it's better. It takes about 30 miles each drive before I'm done being all giddy and might actually notice any differences.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Last day of school, so made sure to give any teachers and staff that had wanted a ride, a demo before the summer break.

.VDAlastday.JPG

Reactions: GTMD

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good news! Swapped in a brand new red top Optima and gauges have been running great again. Older battery was testing fine, but decided to pro-actively replace, and voila, the gauges have been good, whereas they had recently been behaving sporadically.

64357614801__D065FED9-93DC-493E-B1F3-0D6C5B2DFE46.jpg

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Last day of school, so made sure to give any teachers and staff that had wanted a ride, a demo before the summer break.

Last day of school?! You're younger than you look!

🤪

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Last day of school?! You're younger than you look!

Haha! Young enough to get "schooled" on a regular basis!

Reactions: extrap

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Brought it out to the first annual Laguna Hills Classic Car Show. About 100 cars. Joint venture to help benefit the military families of the Dark Horse Marines.

CarShow-1.jpg

CarShow-5.jpg

And met Chris and Kelly, new owners of a red and white GT, a recent find for them. And a beauty!

CarShow-2.jpg

15 years later and still generates a ton of questions and curious enthusiasm.

CarShow-3.jpg

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have not seen Nitto Invos on an FGT before.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Almost got into a wreck Saturday.....does that count as doing something with it?

Stupid inattentive drivers....

darinhopkins

Nov 10, 2020
Mount Pleasant, SC
1. FIRST ever oil change, belts etc. AND FIRST set replacement tires last week. Just "flew" past 1,144 miles.
2. Ale and Octane Charleston SC on Sunday.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I like the flag plate design.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Almost got into a wreck Saturday.....does that count as doing something with it?

Stupid inattentive drivers....
Yea, that counts.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I have not seen Nitto Invos on an FGT before.

It was my first time seeing the tread pattern / tire. They're likely aging out, suggested replacement.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It was my first time seeing the tread pattern / tire. They're likely aging out, suggested replacement.

I ran them on my first GT500. They were.....OK. Even for a "Mustang" they were kind of an inexpensive way to get big rubber. I replaced them with Pzeros and they were then obviously a bargain tire.

Maybe ok for track use when you only expect a short life span?

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Got the GT back from Pat Milliken Ford at the end of July. All fluids and belts replaced, they also installed the CoolTech oil drain kit for me and went thru the car to note any other issues (there were none).

Original plan was for Ian to trailer the car back and forth but when it was time to get the car back, I decided I wanted to drive it home.

My wife wasn't able to drive me up to get the car, so I chartered a Cirrus SR22 out of our little local airport for a 30 minute flight (awesome plane) and then a nice 2 hour drive home. Well worth every penny of that flight to get the car on the road.

I've also installed the CoolTech license plate frame which really looks nice.

So... bought the car in late October with a little over 1,000 miles on it - I've just rolled oven 6,500 (and that was with the car in storage from mid-November to mid-March.) My other cars are feeling a little left out of the summer fun.

Dan

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You need to take a 10-14 hour drive. Put the wifey and luggage on the plane and have them meet you.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
1. FIRST ever oil change, belts etc. AND FIRST set replacement tires last week. Just "flew" past 1,144 miles.

Wait, so you were driving around with 15yo oil and tires? WHOA

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I ran them on my first GT500. They were.....OK. Even for a "Mustang" they were kind of an inexpensive way to get big rubber. I replaced them with Pzeros and they were then obviously a bargain tire.

Maybe ok for track use when you only expect a short life span?

I wouldn't recommend them for track either. I think the owner will be replacing soon.

As for my car, I've been running the Bridgestones RE050A ever since my first two sets of OEM stock spec tires. I like the feel and comfort of the Bridgestones, feel less like giant hockey pucks.

darinhopkins

Nov 10, 2020
Mount Pleasant, SC
Wait, so you were driving around with 15yo oil and tires? WHOA
YUP 😞

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Washed the boat and got a cool reflectionreflection.jpg