Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Rob, I hope you noticed that Torrie is advertising that he has "pulley and tune" kits ready to ship!

Reactions: 2112

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Rob, I hope you noticed that Torrie is advertising that he has "pulley and tune" kits ready to ship!
I'm waiting for the larger SC

Attachments

• camaro.jpg
    camaro.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: QuickSilverShelby

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Pete - tell us more about the Bluetooth adapter please!

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Pete - tell us more about the Bluetooth adapter please!
This is the one I saw someone said they used.

Not sure if there is a better option now or something more sophisticated. I would like to know as well.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks for the info. I currently have the base model radio and no subwoofer, so I rarely listen to the rather poor system. But good to know in case I ever decide to start doing something about it.

Reactions: Bbhaynes

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
How difficult would it be to install this adaptor? What needs to come apart?

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
How difficult would it be to install this adaptor? What needs to come apart?
You have to take the radio out, which uses a pair DIN radio removal slides. There is a thread that includes info on the tool and which wire to tap for power. https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/bluetooth-adapters-for-the-mac-radio.33784/page-2

Lots of blue tape on the console area, and I found the radio removal a little tricky, but was the first I had ever used the DIN removal tools. I installed this exact adapter last year.

Last edited:

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Will order on this afternoon. Thank you

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
MBT RX is what I used. Read that thread 69b302 kindly linked. I wrote up my install and assessment there.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Does anyone know if the McIntosh radio have an aux input?? This would be the preferable way to add Bluetooth I would think…

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Does anyone know if the McIntosh radio have an aux input?? This would be the preferable way to add Bluetooth I would think…
yes, that is how that unit works

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes it has 2 RCA Jack's in the back. I have had a Monster brand cable with a 3.5 plug on the other end to plug in ipod or phone. But these connections are disappearing on modern equipment.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Yes it has 2 RCA Jack's in the back. I have had a Monster brand cable with a 3.5 plug on the other end to plug in ipod or phone. But these connections are disappearing on modern equipment.
Too bad there’s not a way to connect these without removing the radio. Thanks for the reply!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Well, back in the day, some people were able to slip their hands behind the radio and pull out the caps and then plug in the new wiring. You need small hands. It can be done. When I did mine the tools were hard to find. SpecRacer graciously sent me his to do the job. The little side caps on the front of the radio were the hardest thing to remove. If you do do this, buy a good quality cable that is thicker in diameter. There really is no place to hide it.

Reactions: Specracer

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The DIN radio removal tool is readily available on line. Chances are your local Best Buy has them in stock.

Google "DIN radio removal tool". There are several styles now. I used the ones that looked like a flat metal key. Now there is a D-shaped loop.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
GT BBQ.jpg
Had some friends over for lunch

Attachments

• GT BBQ1.jpg
    GT BBQ1.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 14

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
View attachment 67943
Had some friends over for lunch
even a want-to-be-a GT

Reactions: GT@50 and 2112

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
I spoke too soon. My MBT-RX gave up yesterday. I got 5+ years use out of it, so I'm not disappointed. First I have to pull out the radio and make sure it was the MBT RX that failed, and not the connector or fuse. Now I just have to find those DIN removal keys that I put away somewhere safe...

Before I used the MBT RX, I had a twin-RCA-to-3.5-cable plugged in too (plus a 3.5-to-iphone adapter). I fed it out through the slot beside the radio on the passenger side, and when not in use, I just stuffed it back in there where you wouldn't see it. When I installed the MBT RX, I put it in the same place, so you could see the little blue power light on it if you were sitting on the passenger side.

MackDaddy

Apr 2, 2022
Medford Oregon
FYI, put a new battery in my 06 last week (again!). Tried to buy an Optima unit from Jegs and Summit but they're on back order at both places. Eventually found a genuine Ford unit in stock here in Houston, but it cost $450 instead of $270! That Ford label must be made of gold or platinum!
Hi
I have a dead battery and was surprised to see that the battery just sits in the shelf without any tie downs. I looked in the manual and it states that if your battery has a cover/shield remove first. Mine doesnt have a cover or shield or any type of tie down. Is this typcial?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Mine had the shoe type retainer at the bottom. I remember the screw being hard to get lined up