Update on my car, New billet intake and finished pics.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
So I got my car all finished up on the 16th of june and with about 70miles on it I decided to take the maiden Voyage to Procharger (Supercharger company) in Lenexa Ks. About 400miles one way from my house and shop. I found e85 all the way there and averaged 14mpg at 80mph on e85 which is pretty good considering this was the first time I drove the car and absolutely no drivablilty tuning to the car. Only about 50 pulls on my chassis dyno, drove it to make sure nothing leaked and off I went...I think it will get 17 highway cruising once I get some time to spend on the computer with the lap top. All went well down in Kansas. Took it to Procharger for all the employees to see, a car show unexpectedly at Aeromotive fuel systems and they let me be inside of the building (PRETTY COOL). Probably about 300 cars there on a monday night for their open house. Drove it back home with no problems. So all was well:biggrin

Over the coarse of the next two weeks I treated it like I would anything I own. I made sure nothing was gonna break :rofl Probably made about 50 or a little more 50-170 pulls with it(SEcond and third gear to 8200rpms) drove it 2500 hard miles. All was well till it spit a rod out of the block. Minor hole, wreck the rod accross from it, two pistons and four valves. So i got away pretty lucky. Bryant crank was salvagable, block is fixed, two replacement rods and this will now be a spare short block. What caused it was an over abundance of ethonal in the fuel when i first put it back together after paint and it whiped the bearing like an alcohol motor would do. totally my fault and i caught it before i did final dyno/before i drove it, but i feel the damage had already started as there was no OIL cushin from all the fuel in the oil. So i'm writing it off as a learning experience. Been over everything with John Mahovetz, he is amazing help and i thank him bunches. Making a few changes to the new motor, more compression, more cranking compression and playing with the cams to make more power sooner.

Car sounds and drives absolutely amazing, It makes power well up to and beyond 8500..Its an animal to drive, the carbon brakes are amazing on the street and stop the car retardedly quick. The car really doesnt hit hard till about 52-5500 rpms(70 in second), but after that its lights out. So some of the motor stuff im doing will improve that a ton. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in two weeks when we get it back on the dyno. All the motor stuff is here and crank will be here next week. Well all three of them will. LOL Im putting together a stock cube (331), stock stroke big bore motor(358), and my (374) big stroke big bore final motor is coming along to and should be ready for the mile and maybe for the Texas Invitational. If it goes as planned i think we will see over 1500rwhp this round. Hoping to pick up 100+down low which will be perfect and if it does that it will pick up the same up top.

While my junk is apart i sent my manifold/drive off and had a billet one made:) Being im building two more Procharged cars now this will be much easier than modifying stock ones. Plus alot less work/hassle for me!!! Oh Yea my Speed Hut gauges will be done next week and they turned out pretty cool!!! Totally different color combo.Pics coming of those too:willy

Here are a few pics and a link to when i was in Kansas with it!!

http://www.procharger.com/supercharger/blog/?p=419

Attachments

• billet intake4.jpg
    billet intake4.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 451
  • Airbox Ford GT.JPG
    Airbox Ford GT.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 442
  • air box.jpg
    air box.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 474
  • Clamb shot GT.jpg
    Clamb shot GT.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 464
  • ram air tubes.JPG
    ram air tubes.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 458

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
A couple more pics

Attachments

• dan_s_fordgt_ext.jpg
    dan_s_fordgt_ext.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 452
  • GT shelby.jpg
    GT shelby.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 454
  • billet intake6.jpg
    billet intake6.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 471

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The filter box looks great but does it give you much additional surface area? I would think your car is in need of 2 or three times the stock surface area.

The billet intake is badass!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I lost 0 hp on my chassis Dyno with the air box. The tubes that feed it in the clambahell flow 3500 cfm a piece...air filters are 12*13" so pretty much double. It works awesome and blower gets 100% fresh clean air all the time!

Thanks about the intake I'm real happy with it. It turned out better than i thought it would!

I also made my car a cog drive in the factory blower belt area. It's a 35mm 8mm pitch belt which is the same width as factory 10rib.. I broke 3 belts in 2500 miles so I'm eliminating that problem:) they would break under acceleration and I would rip them right in half like you took a razor blade to them. Found the limit of them that's for sure!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
between the two of you, you have created a cottage industry of one-off custom supercharger parts for the FGT.

Wow

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
That intake and air box are bad ass!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
That intake and air box are bad ass!

+ 1

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That whole setup is just s-i-c-k!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

WTF_look.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The intake and air box are very impressive. Your attitude about the failed rod is even more so. Good luck with the new build.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Impressive work, all of it. Keep the posts coming.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
The intake and air box are very impressive. Your attitude about the failed rod is even more so. Good luck with the new build.

Thanks guys and yea I learned along time ago that when you play at this type of level anything can happen. Good thing was I found out you can kick a rod and your car won't start on fire! I have a 10lb fire system. Glad I didn't have to use it and it didn't even make that big of a Oily mess..

Also for as loud as my car is under throttle. It is very quiet in the car when cruising..never would of imagined that after hearing it idle and on the Dyno.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
car is sick Dan!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
car is sick Dan!

Thanks dude! I hope we can meet up in October so you can experience it! You get your black car back up and runnin?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Very impressive engineering.....:eek

dan_s_fordgt_uh_lg.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Thanks dude! I hope we can meet up in October so you can experience it! You get your black car back up and runnin?

working on it :) go to the fast lane fb page you'll see a pic!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
working on it :) go to the fast lane fb page you'll see a pic!

Okee dokee!