OH/NC

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Oh man, that's a good find Centerpunch. Wonder what that does for the sound and power compared to the other headers. I'd also be curious to see how they are constructed re: "collector-type muffler"...Good to see FRPP finally updated the site for the GT.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
btw, off-road shmoff-road. Us motown guys say "emissions? What emissions?" :biggrin

werewolf

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2005
Just saw that today too centerpunch :thumbsup

DBK ... these new headers eliminate CAT and muffler ... open headers, all the way out! Sound will be incomparable to any header/muffler combo :eek

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
werewolf said:
Just saw that today too centerpunch :thumbsup

DBK ... these new headers eliminate CAT and muffler ... open headers, all the way out! Sound will be incomparable to any header/muffler combo :eek

On the site it says it has a collector-type muffler. I'm assuming it's just some bullshit resonator pipe to make people feel better. I have a Corsa Titanium exhaust on my Z06 that is essentially straight pipes with so-called "collectors" as well, and it's pretty much what I'd call the loudest car I've ever heard :lol In no way shape or form do the cylindrical intermediate mufflers muffle anything.

Either way, I'd definitely love to hear a straight through GT :banana

werewolf

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2005
me too :thumbsup

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
So what is exactly the difference between the 2 types of headers. In Pa if we drive under a certain amout of miles per year we can be exempt from emmissions testing....

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Looks like i am going to have some fun with this car.
Headers, chips, pulleys, coolers.......

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I don't think the headers without cats are tail pipes, if you look at the picture it shows that they still go into the muffler, only difference is they don't have cats.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Spoke with a SVT Tech & Service Manager today. I inquired about the Ford Performance Headers. They story i got is: They will do the work, as long as it is a Authorized Ford Part, but if an Exhaust manifold cracked they would not honor my warranty. Which did not make alot of sense to me.

Lets see i'm purchasing a header setup from Ford, having a SVT Tech install the Exhaust system & if during the process or afterwards an exhaust manifold cracks they will not honor my warranty?

Are there FRIENDLY GT Dealerships out there?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
FrankBarba said:
Spoke with a SVT Tech & Service Manager today. I inquired about the Ford Performance Headers. They story i got is: They will do the work, as long as it is a Authorized Ford Part, but if an Exhaust manifold cracked they would not honor my warranty. Which did not make alot of sense to me.

Lets see i'm purchasing a header setup from Ford, having a SVT Tech install the Exhaust system & if during the process or afterwards an exhaust manifold cracks they will not honor my warranty?

Are there FRIENDLY GT Dealerships out there?

Remember its for off-road use meaning racing. And with racing they don't warranty anything. I would not blame the dealer.

Dave

Dec 1, 2005
Dallas Tx
Headers

Ive installed the long tube headers with the FRPP muffler and just the muffler and oil changes on Ford GT's and am really impressed with the quality of the headers, but they are quite difficult to install. Does sound like a formula 1 car driving away though, If anyone has any questions about them or the muffler and other parts for GT's just pm me

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2005
Dallas Tx

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Sweet! Looks like nothing but the best.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
DallasMustangForeman said:
Ive installed the long tube headers with the FRPP muffler and just the muffler and oil change and dyno tunes on Ford GT's and am really impressed with the quality of the headers, but they are quite difficult to install. Does sound like a formula 1 car driving away though, If anyone has any questions about them or the muffler and other parts for GT's just call and ask for Mike Davis 1800mustang{18006878264}

Could you give a little more detail on why they are difficult to install?

Do you think this setup is too loud for the street?

Thanks.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
barondw said:
Remember its for off-road use meaning racing. And with racing they don't warranty anything. I would not blame the dealer.

Dave

In my state of Pennsylania we do have emissions testing. I believe the milage is 5,000 per year. If i do not put this many miles on the GT driving per year i do not have to have the emmissions done. I would be emmissions exempt. why wouldn't i want these headers? Exhaust is Exhaust should not void a warranty. my opinion only. Still looking for a GT friendly dealer.

texasgt

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2005
That is fantastic! Can you tell us more about the dyno results and the sound?
Thank you!
Mark

DallasMustangForeman said:
Ive installed the long tube headers with the FRPP muffler and just the muffler and oil change and dyno tunes on Ford GT's and am really impressed with the quality of the headers, but they are quite difficult to install. Does sound like a formula 1 car driving away though, If anyone has any questions about them or the muffler and other parts for GT's just call and ask for Mike Davis 1800mustang{18006878264}

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Just remember he is a vendor trying to sell the items.

Dave

werewolf

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2005
Please also tell us what you plugged into the CAT/O2 sensor harness to avoid the dreaded "Check Engine Light" ... I'm guessing the standard MIL (or CEL) Eliminator used on Mustangs ? :biggrin

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
werewolf said:
Please also tell us what you plugged into the CAT/O2 sensor harness to avoid the dreaded "Check Engine Light" ... I'm guessing the standard MIL (or CEL) Eliminator used on Mustangs ? :biggrin

The speed shop guy put in a resistor as I have previously posted. I am sure the MIL or CEL Eliminator used on the Mustangs will work. The Viper guys do it all the time.

Dave