Turn the dial to 11

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Pretty nice having track almost to yourselves. Weather looked good. Gear shifting sounds like a snake spitting. Did you take any passengers? Did the cool suit work? Walk all over the MB?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Pretty nice having track almost to yourselves. Weather looked good. Gear shifting sounds like a snake spitting. Did you take any passengers? Did the cool suit work? Walk all over the MB?

There were 4 run groups. Maybe 15 cars in my group. Solo only, no instructors. No one allowed to ride along due to Covid social distancing. Sanjay and his AMG GT3 were in a different group. It’s a fully prepped race machine. Ben Keating‘s ex race car. Now derestricted intakes. Sounds wicked. Sanjay drives it like he stole it.... 2 min and low teens. Me...I did a 2:26 but there’s room for tons of improvement. Left my car in Mode 1 with nannies full on. Stayed off kerbing and runoff areas.
Would have been fun to ride with him and vice versa.
Weather was foggy and wet Sat AM but dried out fast. Cool suit (Chill Out system) worked but with ambient temps in the low 80’s, only limited cooling of the glycol liquid. Sanjay has the same unit and same experience.
My car is now at an Austin area race shop that MM collaborates with, getting routine maintenance including oil change and brake flush. Recommended oil change intervals every 6 hrs of track time. That’s about 12 sessions.

Last edited:

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
That's some damn good lap times for Sanjay and yours not bad either but I'm sure there's lots of room to improve as you mentioned driving
on the safe side which I most definitely would do also

Reactions: Ed Sims

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
8246A00A-FD12-4CB4-87C9-076047EF93D2.jpeg

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
^^That photo is awesome ^^

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Really nice shot.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Nice photo ByeEnzo! I've been Sanjay's passenger. He is very fast & smooth. I think his lap times at Laguna are faster than some racers lap times.

Ed

Reactions: steved57