Trying to order a GT

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I've already been offered GT350 r's one month in of them being on the market at 4k over msrp. Some dealers were 15-30k over and they will be msrp not long from now. I can't imagine there being many people that will be willing to pay 600-1mill for this car. Maybe a few with tons of waste money.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Look at the new Dodge model. Allocations dry up if corporate hears of an obscene adm.

It's not exactly that. The allocation method for the Hellcat is directly related to how long the car stays on the lot (showroom). Dodge knows that dealers aren't having trouble moving cars, so time on lot ought to be short. If a dealer adds an ADM the car will sit longer. Ridiculous ADMs lead to longer time on lot, which leads to fewer cars available to that dealer. So the dealer can tack an ADM on if he wants, but it can't be so ridiculous that the car sits forever waiting for someone stupid.

On the other hand Ford's limited production GTG350R is now being traded dealer-to-dealer over sticker (i.e., with ADMs), so you know what the consumer prices are going to be.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dear Rex, I will be happy to help, but, unfortunately, you are not among the chosen this round.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Rex, I will be happy to help, but, you will have to realize that you are not one of the chosen this time around.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Dear Rex, I will be happy to help, but, unfortunately, you are not among the chosen this round.

Oh no, say it isn't so!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Rex, I will be happy to help, but, you will have to realize that you are not one of the chosen this time around.

Oh no, say it isn't so!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I just spoke with a large NYC Dealer. He said they are getting one and have already sold it to a "collector". He paid a $400,000 deposit and the selling price was $1,000,000.
This is stupid!

Joe:frown
How dare this Large NYC dealer do this, that was supposed to be my car, I am asking for my deposit back, putting it on an all inclusive vacation to Club Med Kandahar- :biggrin

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Oh no, say it isn't so!

What did you expect .... he´s a doctor, not a car dealer. Let me help you get your hands on one of the European allocation cars .... for a small additional fee of

Dr_-Evil-One-Million-.jpg

..... I´ll even throw in a rare designer dining table where you can entertain all the beautiful ladies that per default go with having such a cool car ....

Just go ahead at PayPal me at richtheeasyway@hotmail.dk :wink

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
What did you expect .... he´s a doctor, not a car dealer. Let me help you get your hands on one of the European allocation cars .... for a small additional fee of

View attachment 38925

..... I´ll even throw in a rare designer dining table where you can entertain all the beautiful ladies that per default go with having such a cool car ....

Just go ahead at PayPal me at richtheeasyway@hotmail.dk :wink

Such a generous offer, but I just cannot accept your table. I think that would be tantamount to taking advantage of a friendship.

I'll need to give Dr. Frank one more opportunity to see the light and come to the proverbial table, before we move ahead on this. Surely he can do better than just closing the door on me.

PS I have a connection to the program - I know the supplier of the lug nuts - so I want to leverage that too.

Last edited:

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Such a generous offer, but I just cannot accept your table. I think that would be tantamount to taking advantage of a friendship.

I'll need to give Dr. Frank one more opportunity to see the light and come to the proverbial table, before we move ahead on this. Surely he can do better than just closing the door on me.

PS I have a connection to the program - I know the supplier of the lug nuts - so I want to leverage that too.

I understand. I just wanted to help you out .... but this way I can try to sell elsewhere and may raise the price a bit so I also make a buck or two instead of just giving away :wink:rofl:facepalm:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Frank, I hope to get together with you ASAP at the Rally. I am having trouble with the secret online order form for my GT. There is a section for color, but every time I enter my choice, it defaults to red.

Drinks are on me if you can help me get this resolved!. Thanks!

The online configurator was a bit confusing initially, but I was able to get my car spec'd after talking to a company concierge rep.
My order locks next week....special liquid unobtainium paint, deviating stitching, CF everywhere....

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Does this mean I'm on the list?

Got this in the mail last week. It is numbered 22 out of 250. Does this mean my name is on the list for the New GT? :banana:banana

20150801_164815 (768x1024).jpg20150801_164943 (768x1024).jpg20150801_164638.jpg20150801_164515 (1024x768).jpg

Sometimes miracles do happen when you least expect them! :cheers

Magic

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry, no matter what kind of magic tricks you pull out of the bag, just like Rex, you are not among the chosen.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I understand. I just wanted to help you out .... but this way I can try to sell elsewhere and may raise the price a bit so I also make a buck or two instead of just giving away :wink:rofl:facepalm:

Well, after learning of that cold, stinging and inhumane response from Dr. Frank, I have decided to attempt to move forward with your offer. It is going to take a few days to raise the $1M, so I hope that you can grant me a little leeway while I reach out to my friends in private equity, venture capital and of course, GM/Ally financial.

In the interim, I am going to raise capital myself to cover some of the related expenses. If you would like to help me out, please consider a small donation for a worthy cause. No donation is too small, even $1, so if I can get 1 million people at $1, I will be at the target value. Just go to the link below:

www.gofundcobrar.com/ireallydeserveanewgt.butdrfrankturnedacoldshoulder

Thanks in advance - for all that $$. - I mean consideration.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Dr. Frank - You sure know how to destroy a dream and bring a guy back to reality quickly! :facepalm:

You could have at least let me think I'm on the list till you saw me at the Rally. :tap:

Just for that you owe me a drink in Detroit! :party

Magic

Sorry, no matter what kind of magic tricks you pull out of the bag, just like Rex, you are not among the chosen.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just for that you owe me a drink in Detroit! :party

Magic

I think he owes everybody a drink

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think me and the other six lucky guys should buy everyone a round.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I think he owes everybody a drink

Not to worry guys, I managed to move Dr. Franks lucky GT ticket to the year 5 of the program. :wink

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Got this in the mail last week. It is numbered 22 out of 250. Does this mean my name is on the list for the New GT? :banana:banana

View attachment 38928View attachment 38929View attachment 38930View attachment 38927

Sometimes miracles do happen when you least expect them! :cheers

Magic

mine was #25~~

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
mine was #25~~

Got this in the mail last week. It is numbered 22 out of 250....

I guess this means they have their allocation already, and won't be in the drawing for the larger versions, when that time comes.

:wink