Trouble in the Garage (Visit from Mickey)

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Old fashion spring trap. Micky can be greedy so I've had good luck with wedging a piece of paper or cardboard where the bait goes - and smearing the peanut butter on the paper. Never have had the bait stolen since.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I've had good luck with raisons. They press into the trigger so the mouse has to apply pressure to feed; then.....SNAP!

Howard

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I use a professional pest control company and have several large bait boxes around both my garage buildings, inside and outside. Haven't had any problems since I got on a "program". Previously tried pellets, bait blocks, ultrasonic devices and glue traps with variable success. I found the dessicated body of a mouse under the luggage tray of my FGT once. Also had one nest underneath the carbs of my 69 Vette.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I have had Brian "PussyCat" come from Florida and mouse proof mine.

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Ok the hunt continues. I have trophy white tail, mule deer, and caribou on the wall and I can not kill a mouse.

I have 18 traps in the garage baited with cheese, peanut butter, raisins, and tomcat mouse attractant. Checked this morning and none of the traps had been touched. So I thought maybe he was gone. I put out 10 sunflower seeds over by the Viper and 2 hours latter 4 of them are missing. This is one finicky mouse.

I am guessing he is making his nest on one of the belly pans.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Weeeeeeeeell, put a 'meow' in that garage over night then! A kitty won't do to the cars what a mouse or 'meeces' can...

Borrow your neighbor's if you don't have one!

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I just put out 8 glue traps baited with sunflower seeds and bird seed.

Now wait and see if that works.

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Well it took 26 traps but finally go him!!!

Glue trap with sunflower seeds.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Congrats, sir! :lol

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Put his head on the wall!

Howard

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Put his head on the wall!

Howard
I want to see that!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Bounce Fabric Softener sheets around the car, Liquid peppermint(they apparently hate the small) in small plastic caps scattered under the car and by the wheels, lastly traps.

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Mouse.jpg

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
the thread is hilarious :lol

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The problem is, there's never just one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I have had that thought but was hoping that was not the case so I am leaving the remaining 25 traps in the garage until I am sure they are all gone.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Last spring I heard what sounded like a couple of mice wrestling somewhere in the belly pan of the GT. My wife and I tried to pinpoint the noise and could only narrow it down to somewhere in the center pan by the gas tank. Whatever it was I figured they were in there chewing on the wire harnesses and fuel lines so I quickly pulled the center cover and didn't find a thing - no damage either. I went for a "brisk" drive with the cover off to scare them out. Not sure if that did it but I set some traps by each wheel using peanut butter and caught one that night. I keep a trap by each wheel now and catch one every month or so. Not sure on the cost of a wire harness, but my guess is about 500x the cost of the traps.

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
Had one in mine, once. Put the car on the floor and put glue traps all around every tire. Caught a whole family. Since then I bought a car lift. No more problems.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dryer sheets work great, put one on top of each wheel, put one in each tail pipe, several inside car, and a couple in the engine bay. Also put a 5 gallon bucket of water in garage, toss a slice of bread into the bucket and you have a mouse hotel where once they check in they cannot check out.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Last spring I heard what sounded like a couple of mice wrestling somewhere in the belly pan of the GT. My wife and I tried to pinpoint the noise and could only narrow it down to somewhere in the center pan by the gas tank. Whatever it was I figured they were in there chewing on the wire harnesses and fuel lines so I quickly pulled the center cover and didn't find a thing - no damage either. I went for a "brisk" drive with the cover off to scare them out. Not sure if that did it but I set some traps by each wheel using peanut butter and caught one that night. I keep a trap by each wheel now and catch one every month or so. Not sure on the cost of a wire harness, but my guess is about 500x the cost of the traps.

I had a 512bbi a number of years ago that mice go into. The first start of spring confirmed that they enjoyed multiple wire harnesses. I don't remember how much it cost to fix, but do remember it was a big number.....