Transaxle numbers

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
I have a brand new (still in original box). transaxle. According to the Ford GT complete owners experience that transaxle belongs to , acar made 11/29/2004 no 450 So is there 2 with the same numbers.. or could it be a problematic box.. didn`t pass inspection..

Attachments

• FGT TRanxaxle 001.jpg
    FGT TRanxaxle 001.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 466
  • FGT TRanxaxle 003.jpg
    FGT TRanxaxle 003.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 458

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
for the many many transaxles I have had, units brand new in the Ford box do not have a VIN. the VINs were assigned to the enigne and transaxles as cars were being assembled. My most logical guess to this is that that car had an immediate issue with the transaxle and it was pulled out and another one installed. Did that GT get a stamped VIN on the replacement transaxle? good question. The unit looks brand new so I'm guessing it was pulled out before it left the plant.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
just wondering if anyone owns no 450 built 2005 or has it been written off, or how can we find out,, Cheers

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
cobrajeff may have info.

BTW, what is the stainless pressure line for? Is that where trans cooler lines would attach?

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
BTW, what is the stainless pressure line for? Is that where trans cooler lines would attach?

Yes !

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Do you want to sell it? If so how much?
Thanks .Would love to see more pictures of your project!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
cobrajeff may have info.

the Ricardo box is actually a low pressurized unit with an actual oil pump. the stainless line moves fluid from one side of the box to the other with pressure.
this is why the oil capacity is very low since it is under pressure and yes the oil cooler splices into that pressure circuit.

glasser/09

GT Owner
Apr 30, 2014
I have an 05 GT with transaxel noise and metal shavings in the fluid.What are my options for repair or replacement.glasser/09

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I have an 05 GT with transaxel noise and metal shavings in the fluid.What are my options for repair or replacement.glasser/09

How often has the transaxle fluid been changed? Usually very dirty with shavings at 1st change, then clean thereafter.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
And, the transaxle is noisy when warm at idle. Noise drops when you release the clutch.

What makes you think it needs repair?

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I have one in box, guess I need to check the no.

glasser/09

GT Owner
Apr 30, 2014
the trans also rattles in neutral.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
the trans also rattles in neutral.

They all do. That's normal.