transaxle cooler

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
Finally recieved my transaxle cooler,but I won't be needing it because I bought a track car.I paid 1072.00 plus shipping for it but I'll take 1072.00 shipped.PM me if interested.
Guy

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I may be interested in purchasing your transaxle cooler kit. This is the kit number M-7095-GT which is offered by Ford Racing, correct? And has the box been opened or are all the packaged pieces/install instructions included?
Thanks...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
transcooler

guywwagner said:
Finally recieved my transaxle cooler,but I won't be needing it because I bought a track car.I paid 1072.00 plus shipping for it but I'll take 1072.00 shipped.PM me if interested.
Guy

Guy,
that is a great price. Where did you buy it from ? I'd like to verify and potentially source my prices here for various parts in order..

guywwagner - Have you sold the transcooler set up yet? Please post asap!!!

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
sales@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
MMP Inc. said:
guywwagner - Have you sold the transcooler set up yet? Please post asap!!!

Jack @ MMP Sales
sales@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

You may wish to change the blue color as it is almost unreadable on 2 of the 3 machines I use.

Dave

Last edited:
barondw - Thank's for the head's up!!! I didn't use blue when I type it...lol. How about this one?

Jack @ MMP Sales
sales@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
I can read the details

Dave

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
guywwagner......Any one home??? Can you answer those of us who responded to your offering????

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Indy GT said:
guywwagner......Any one home??? Can you answer those of us who responded to your offering????

He did say send a Private Message (PM) maybe that's why he is not responding.

Dave

I sent him a PM they day I did my first post. I have not received a response yet so I PM'd him again today.

Jack @ MMP Sales
sales@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

Hey guys got a PM back from Guy. He said he has decided for the time being to keep it.

If anyone is interested in getting one PM or contact us directly we will have a very good price on it w/ shipping to your door.

Jack @ MMP Sales
sales@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

Last edited:

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
Anyone who's installed the transaxle cooler: How much additional fluid was needed? 1/2 qt, 3/4 qt, 1 qt etc.

Thanks!

Dave,

I sent a PM, but thought others would like the info before they installed one.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
I do not know as I did not do the installation. It was done by a very competent shop.

Dave

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Dave are you glad you installed the trans cooler? I am weighing the option. I am not going to track my car but hear it is a good idea to have on the car. Any thoughts? Bill

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Simple answer is yes. I would do it regardless of tracking the car or not.

Dave

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
clarify something for me..why the transaxle cooler? If the tranny has problems shifting when cold, why would you want to cool it more especially if your not tracking it?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
First, forget about the gear shift problem, we can discuss that later.

The trans axle cooler is to keep the fluid temperature below critical levels. Ford knows that even without tracking the fluid temperatures can get very hot and approach critical levels - including oil, coolant, etc. So they offer the trans axle cooler to prevent it going too hot and creating massive problems.

It should have been stock on the car along with other features to improve cooling.

Now the gear shifting. Once the trans oil warms up shifting is no problem. But that does not mean you should let it get too hot.

Very common issue on many exotic cars including older V-12 Ferraris. In buying a used V12 the purchaser, if knowledgable, would like the then present owner to drive the car when cold and if they used second gear many would be purchasers would pass on the car.

Dave

So the GT has a similar problem until the trans oil reaches operating temps, no big deal.

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
If you're installing the cooler it took me about 3 hrs because of fitting access issues. It also took about 1 additional qt for oil. I'd get 2 qts, it's always nice to have extra.

I agree with barondw, the cooler is nice to have and a must if tracking the car.