Mar 1, 2007
Perhaps he's in Fargo, Nigeria

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ha! Google map the address!!!

Call them and tell them you'll be there tomorrow afternoon with cash and someone to do a PPI and see what they say.

I can tell you what they'll say: Car is located in a locked warehouse/container in a different state. Seller is out of the country dealing with "insert family/business tragedy". Send fully refundable deposit. Car will be shipped to you, test drive for 'x' number of days with no obligation. Blah, blah, blah.

Seriously, how come no legal action is taken against these turds?

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
That item description and pictures are taken verbatim from forum user AHudson (even the part about finding a quarter when detailing the interior). Seriously. Scam for sure.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
That item description and pictures are taken verbatim from forum user AHudson (even the part about finding a quarter when detailing the interior). Seriously. Scam for sure.

That's whose car I immediately thought of when I saw the color and mileage.

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
That's whose car I immediately thought of when I saw the color and mileage.

Yes indeedee, the photos and description do seem to ring a bell. Total absolute unquestionable scam. Scary times we live in. All the info, pictures are stolen for one purpose - to steal money from someone who trusts them. Wow.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I can tell you what they'll say: Car is located in a locked warehouse/container in a different state. Seller is out of the country dealing with "insert family/business tragedy". Send fully refundable deposit. Car will be shipped to you, test drive for 'x' number of days with no obligation. Blah, blah, blah.

Seriously, how come no legal action is taken against these turds?
I'd bet it's owned by my brother on an oil rig off Nova Scotia and he's really stressed due to a a storm and really needs to sell now. If you send a bank transfer for 200K we'll send you the car and the balance back in sheckles.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Very strange. The registration of the website is someone who seems to be involved in the auto industry. Lots of search results on Google.

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
"If its too good to be true"

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
You pay half price and get nothing, that is not a good value

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
What about this one?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...eCode1=FORD&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=0&mmt=[FORD[GT[]][]]&listingId=314276594&Log=0

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Ad is down already in the last 2 minutes? What do you think?:)

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
FWIW, I called the Fargo area BBB when this first came up, and they notified the local DA who actually called me. He told me that because of the oil boom, in the last 4 months they've had 3 different scammers trying to sell cars out of Fargo. The giveaway on one ad was a PALM tree behind a 911 they were offering. Been to Fargo a couple of times. Never saw a Plam tree that could live through a Fargo winter...

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Not Fargo, but here in Minneapolis - May 1 - we are under a winter storm warning.

I did get my GT out last weekend!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Not Fargo, but here in Minneapolis - May 1 - we are under a winter storm warning.

I did get my GT out last weekend!

Hah! Just a warning? We've had about 10"-12" here. It's only accumulating on grassy areas and not sticking to the streets, but it's going to freeze tonight so it will be an ice skating rink tomorrow morning.

It was nice last weekend, I took mine out both Sat & Sun for a short (5 mile) jaunt.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Hah! Just a warning? We've had about 10"-12" here. It's only accumulating on grassy areas and not sticking to the streets, but it's going to freeze tonight so it will be an ice skating rink tomorrow morning.

It was nice last weekend, I took mine out both Sat & Sun for a short (5 mile) jaunt.

Touché

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Have done about 250 miles on mine - including today, so far this year!