Total production volume for the New Ford GT?

ryanhardwick

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
If I recall correctly, 500 cars were originally allocated from the initial application process back in 2016. I also read on here recently that total production is estimated to be at or around 700 or so cars currently? Would that mean that an additional 250 or so cars were awarded to "wait-listed" applicants from that initial application group?

Does anyone also know many allocations were awarded in this final application round? I've heard 350 and also only 250... Wondering if total production will end up being the 1,000 total cars that Ford originally contemplated (250 cars produced per year, over 4 model years 2017 - 2020)...

Anyone on here have any insight?

Ryan

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Congratulations on your successful application!

I believe the correct numbers are 750 cars from the first round (2017-2019-ish), 600 from the second round (2020-2022-ish) for a total of 1350 cars. There was a definitive post, which included confirmation from DBK, back in the Nov 2018 timeframe.

See post #11...

If only it were 1351 then maybe I'd get one!

Last edited:

ryanhardwick

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Thanks for the info!! That post answered all my questions. I knew you guys would have the info in here somewhere. Cheers!

- Ryan

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
1st Round - 500

Over 6800 Applications

250 Additional Units were made for Wait List
Totaling 750 Units.

250 Units for the 2018 Application to = 1000 Total Units

with the extension to make another 350 Units = 1350 Total Worldwide.

600 Additional Units for the 2018 Application.

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
Is 6800 applications for all rounds or just the first?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Is 6800 applications for all rounds or just the first?
Just the first round. No official numbers released on how many on the second application round.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think it was like 18,000+ applications fro the first 750 cars but only around 6,500 applications were complete & accurate. LOL!

Ed

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Just a thought. They produced 138 in 2017, supposedly 250 in 2018 (cannot find a number), and I get my car K200123 May 30th which calculates out to the 511 car built. Am I wrong in my thoughts?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I think these numbers are correct for 2017-2018 production. 2017H Production-118, 2018J Production-218 for a total of 336. Not sure where we are on 2019K production. The above units are sold units delivered to chosen public owners!

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
I have from internet 2017- 138 built and 2018 seems fair at 218. and 2019 my K200123 car means 123 built and delivered for a total of 479 cars, which makes sense as I was one of the original 500 allotted. I was given my letter July 27th 2016. Almost 3 years ago. Factory tour was cool, Some people do not understand the complexity of this hand built car. Truly amazing. Thank you Ford for allowing me to be part of this phenomenal car. The amount of hours spent on the Heritage paint scheme with Roundels is crazy. I was told 700 hours. Truly a labor of love. I am only 10 days away from delivery, damn it will be hard to sit and watch paint cure before PPF. BTW I was just curious on total production so far. Looks like 4 more years of production to fulfill the 1350 number.

Reactions: THamonGT

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
It's my understanding that by time the car is delivered it has already completed the 30 +/- days of curing???

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I think we are safe on exclusivity based on my guess that a fair amount of cars will go overseas. Even if they made 2000 that’s half of 05-06 which remains pretty rare. Even if I was at the 2 year mark, it would take a lot to pry mine from my hands. Prettiest car I’ve owned by some measure.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I think we are safe on exclusivity based on my guess that a fair amount of cars will go overseas. Even if they made 2000 that’s half of 05-06 which remains pretty rare. Even if I was at the 2 year mark, it would take a lot to pry mine from my hands. Prettiest car I’ve owned by some measure.

I couldn't agree more. It had been a couple of months since I saw Ed's car and yesterday I saw another on the showroom floor at Future Ford of Roseville. Seeing that car up close again just reminded me of how damn beautiful they truly are. So much more gorgeous in person than in pictures. And that's saying a lot because the pictures look incredible! I was literally drooling...

This is going to be a long, long 3 year wait but I can be patient!

Johndoe

Jan 27, 2018
I was also part of the original group of 500 allocations. In my application, I specifically asked if I could receive the LAST car of the 500 being built. I later reiterated my request to a few people at Ford, and nicely asked them; that if this was possible I would really love it. If it wasn't possible though, I would be happy with absolutely any of the cars. (I have #37 of the 37 GT350 R-models made for the 50th anniversary of those cars in 2015, so I was hoping to get #500 of the 500 NFGT's that were originally planned.)

Last Thursday, I had the tremendous privilege of taking a tour at Multimatic and seeing my car being finished up; which was fantastic! (I would strongly encourage everyone to take advantage of the factory tour option if you are able to. It's really amazing to see how these cars are built.)

Anyway, I don't think that I received the "last" of the 500 initial cars, but it's something close to that anyway. My VIN is K-0154. My "Kit" number is 484. Due to them not being constructed specifically in either kit number order or in VIN number order, it's difficult to say exactly which car is "#500". It's also difficult because one car could be the 500th chassis, a different car could be the 500th car to enter the factory, a different car could be the 500th car to be completed and leave the factory, etc; or at least that's the way it was explained to me last week when I was up there.

In any case, they are very close to finishing up on the initial run of 500 cars at this point.

I'm very excited to finally be receiving my car in a couple weeks. :)

It's an ECP Carbon Series, by the way.

I know that I haven't had a lot to say prior to this post here on the forum, but I want to say THANK YOU so much for everyone who does spend a lot of time posting here. Personally I really enjoy seeing everyone's comments and insight and I look forward to meeting more of you in person at other events in the future.

John Atzbach

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I was also part of the original group of 500 allocations. In my application, I specifically asked if I could receive the LAST car of the 500 being built. I later reiterated my request to a few people at Ford, and nicely asked them; that if this was possible I would really love it. If it wasn't possible though, I would be happy with absolutely any of the cars. (I have #37 of the 37 GT350 R-models made for the 50th anniversary of those cars in 2015, so I was hoping to get #500 of the 500 NFGT's that were originally planned.)

Last Thursday, I had the tremendous privilege of taking a tour at Multimatic and seeing my car being finished up; which was fantastic! (I would strongly encourage everyone to take advantage of the factory tour option if you are able to. It's really amazing to see how these cars are built.)

Anyway, I don't think that I received the "last" of the 500 initial cars, but it's something close to that anyway. My VIN is K-0154. My "Kit" number is 484. Due to them not being constructed specifically in either kit number order or in VIN number order, it's difficult to say exactly which car is "#500". It's also difficult because one car could be the 500th chassis, a different car could be the 500th car to enter the factory, a different car could be the 500th car to be completed and leave the factory, etc; or at least that's the way it was explained to me last week when I was up there.

In any case, they are very close to finishing up on the initial run of 500 cars at this point.

I'm very excited to finally be receiving my car in a couple weeks. :)

It's an ECP Carbon Series, by the way.

I know that I haven't had a lot to say prior to this post here on the forum, but I want to say THANK YOU so much for everyone who does spend a lot of time posting here. Personally I really enjoy seeing everyone's comments and insight and I look forward to meeting more of you in person at other events in the future.

John Atzbach

Congratulations John and welcome.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Post photos of your NGT when it arrives John! Welcome to the best forum in the world!

Ed

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome John to our little crazy group!

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome John to our little crazy group!
John - I'm fairly sure Dr Frank will buy you a beer at the next rally.

Ed

Johndoe

Jan 27, 2018
Thank you for all the welcoming comments everyone. I really appreciate it. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
John

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Congrats John! Enjoy the “ride!!” 😎