Torrie's TT Disproves My Fear of Lag

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Firstly, a big thank-you to Torrie for his generosity and gratiousness in allowing me to drive and experience his Beast in regular city driving earlier last month.

To quality the situation, I have always been fearful of turbo lag especially with the GT TT setup compared to a stock or pullied/tuned GT. I guess my experience with a 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo complete with it's gross amount of turbo lag instilled this paranoia in me with it's on/off switch type of performance. Having said that and already familiar with the Jet rocket acceleration of Joe's GT TT on more than one occasion, my sole purpose was only to lug the motor ,within reason and slowly lean into the gas pedal. Having done this on atleast five occasions brought not only a huge smile to my face but relief.

What a shocker!!! There is such a minimal amount of lag to the point that it's NOT even worth talking about. Let me make clear it's not like I got sidetracked by attempting to fully accelerate the car and then get starstruck by it's huge acceleration, for in my five trials I only somewhat wound it out on one of those occasions. The amount of gas pedal input was proportional to the amount of response I experienced.

Well Done Torrie(Unleashed Tuning), Stage 6, HP Performance, Titan(Nero) and Joe.
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Thanks again Torrie, your a real gentleman.
Terry

632C2

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
Puyallup, WA
Torrie must indeed be a very generous person! I know he has extended an offer to a number of people on this forum for a ride in his car. It must be an amazing experience!

Sounds like a great excuse for a Florida vacation...

Steve

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
No problem at all Terry ! I was wondering when you were going to pop up and let us know how you really feel. Sorry I didn't really get a chance to really get into it for you its a pretty amazing ride that is for sure. Everyone here knows how much I love my GT.

It wasn't a tough decision for me to let you take her for a spin. I knew that alone you would either enjoy or dislike the car in this form. It speaks volumes to me but we all have different taste. :cheers :cheers

Firstly, a big thank-you to Torrie for his generosity and gratiousness in allowing me to drive and experience his Beast in regular city driving earlier last month.

To quality the situation, I have always been fearful of turbo lag especially with the GT TT setup compared to a stock or pullied/tuned GT. I guess my experience with a 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo complete with it's gross amount of turbo lag instilled this paranoia in me with it's on/off switch type of performance. Having said that and already familiar with the Jet rocket acceleration of Joe's GT TT on more than one occasion, my sole purpose was only to lug the motor ,within reason and slowly lean into the gas pedal. Having done this on atleast five occasions brought not only a huge smile to my face but relief.

What a shocker!!! There is such a minimal amount of lag to the point that it's NOT even worth talking about. Let me make clear it's not like I got sidetracked by attempting to fully accelerate the car and then get starstruck by it's huge acceleration, for in my five trials I only somewhat wound it out on one of those occasions. The amount of gas pedal input was proportional to the amount of response I experienced.

Well Done Torrie(Unleashed Tuning), Stage 6, HP Performance, Titan(Nero) and Joe.
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Thanks again Torrie, your a real gentleman.
Terry

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Torrie,
When are you planing on taking your GT to the drag strip? I am anxious to see your results. Good luck. Kurt:thumbsup

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Joe's car gained 400hp between 4000 and 4800 rpm. Is Torries car same or different?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Different cars / different combinations. Both are about to go thru revisions again shortly.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Keep up the good work, look forward to updates.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
No problem at all Terry ! I was wondering when you were going to pop up and let us know how you really feel. Sorry I didn't really get a chance to really get into it for you its a pretty amazing ride that is for sure. Everyone here knows how much I love my GT.

It wasn't a tough decision for me to let you take her for a spin. I knew that alone you would either enjoy or dislike the car in this form. It speaks volumes to me but we all have different taste. :cheers :cheers

I really enjoyed it and now have no concerns turboing my GT. Its just a matter of when.

Are you going to be in Cali or Indy?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I really enjoyed it and now have no concerns turboing my GT. Its just a matter of when.

Are you going to be in Cali or Indy?

Right now I can't answer that one. My current goal is working non stop to get the facility off the ground. It's success I am hinging my life on.

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Torrie's car is crazy and so is Joes. Good luck on your new Facility Torrie!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Torrie's car is crazy and so is Joes. Good luck on your new Facility Torrie!

Thanks ! We have our inground 224XLC dynojet sitting right next to stage 6's AWD Dyno dynamics dyno. Between the 2 of us there isn't a vehicle that we can't get numbers out of.