TOP GEAR strikes again.....

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
The most recent new episode searching for the "world's worst car" included a segment on the Ford GT. To be fair the show had disintegrated to the point where they were picking on each others cars at that point.....but whatever....he complained it was too wide to have proper fun with on ultra-narrow English countryside roads??? Geeezzzzz. And that it couldn't compete with the original???

Although they did also make fun of a Ferrari F50, so.....well, you know.......

Lexus SC430 won, or lost, as the world's worst car!

I do still like the show though....haha......

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tonight's show? It's on the DVR. I'm assuming Jeremy is the one who whined. It's a wide car alright, but if you're on a cart trail that narrow maybe you shouldn't try to be driving 200MPH :)

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
It was James....I think there was supposed to be some comedy in him choosing a car Jeremy owned, and because the very next car reviewed was some Bentley/Rolls whatever by Jeremy that James owns. They showed Jeremy tied to a tree with his mouth taped closed while James did the FGT review.....as though he would protest. I guess it was funny.....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sometimes they do come up with good funny stuff. My wife actually likes the show more than I do - I get wrapped up in some of the real car stuff but the last show we watched they dissed "caravans" (trailers) again - they really hate them. They chose a coupel of cars that towed things, but for some reason they didn't choose the VW Toureg. I've heard (here and other places) that they are awesome vehicles to tow a mid-sized trailer (be it a camper or a car trailer).

I was thinking today of driving on "grit". [Mike has made it very clear we are not to drive on chip seal. :) ]. Then I remembered the tour through Spain where they drove the Ferrari and I think a Lambo and something else and stopped at an abandoned airport [complete with ticket counters and having a meeting among themselves to give themselves permission, it was funny]. The cars looked like they had been sandblasted. The runways had been unused for so long they were covered from blown in gravel and dust and they totally erased paint from the bottoms of the cars. I wondered who paid for it.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
The Bolivian Special is a great odyssey of a show......my fav I guess. My son likes the more recent 2 part African Special where they look for the origin of the Nile....also very funny. Wow, to have that job.......

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
....he complained it was too wide to have proper fun with on ultra-narrow English countryside roads???

Really. How wide is an Aventadore? Enzo?

Anything wider than a moped is too wide for English country roads...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Bolivian Special is a great odyssey of a show......my fav I guess. My son likes the more recent 2 part African Special where they look for the origin of the Nile....also very funny. Wow, to have that job.......

The trip to the Middle East. They spend Christmas Eve bringing gives to the birth in the manger.

[video=youtube;ywJdWNRwQBg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywJdWNRwQBg[/video]

Edit: I hate when their freeze frame gives it away :)

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
The series they did on the "Wise Men" going to Bethlehem was hilarious. Some of the "Star in their Car" interviews are quite good as well. It is better than the US version in my opinion.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Best show on TV but I think tonights was a re-run. It did have a good intro lol

[video=youtube;tdPdDvtB9qU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdPdDvtB9qU[/video]

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
What may be the baddest car of all time(other than my gt40)

[video=youtube;ofM9yx7s3r8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofM9yx7s3r8[/video]

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The best one they ever did was the one with the British three-wheeled thing that Jeremy flipped at will...

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Best show on TV but I think tonights was a re-run. It did have a good intro lol

[video=youtube;tdPdDvtB9qU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdPdDvtB9qU[/video]

The episode I'm referring to was new today here in Los Angeles......

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
The best one they ever did was the one with the British three-wheeled thing that Jeremy flipped at will...

The Robin Reliant? Something like that.....when he took that first turn I almost spit out my dinner that was sooooo funny.......

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I get wrapped up in some of the real car stuff but the last show we watched they dissed "caravans" (trailers) again - they really hate them. They chose a coupel of cars that towed things, but for some reason they didn't choose the VW Toureg. I've heard (here and other places) that they are awesome vehicles to tow a mid-sized trailer (be it a camper or a car trailer).

3,600 of the 8k miles on my Touareg TDI have been driven towing the GT. It will get another 5,400 tow miles starting next week. Great tow car other than the somewhat disappointing fuel economy with 5,500 lbs hooked to it...29 hwy w/o trailer, 14 hwy @ 75 mph with trailer.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
The show last night was billed as new by BBC America. In context, the show had gotten personal between captain slow (May) and Bombastic Clarkson by the point the ford gt was included in nominees for world's worst car. They were just picking on each others cars. All automotive credibility faded to comedy with the heads up comparison of Beemer M5 vs. Buick Le Sebre vs. Lincoln continental mark something in tight obstacle course. Did have great ending which I won't spoil for those who recorded it.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
That episode is not new, its from last season. (season 19 special, aired Nov. 19, 2012. "The Worst Car In The History Of The World")

holy grail

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2010
queens
top gear is one of the most watched tv shows in the world. bbc has no problem producing/financing whatever the boys want. best job in the world.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
More of a clown show than anything else, which is its point I guess. Doesn't intrigue me in the least and Jeremey is a moron, to say the least. I bet it's not as watched worldwide as Gilligan's Island eh! :rofl

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Very surprised lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
More of a clown show than anything else, which is its point I guess. Doesn't intrigue me in the least and Jeremey is a moron, to say the least. I bet it's not as watched worldwide as Gilligan's Island eh! :rofl
It's an entertainment show like everything else on TV. The TV "news" programs are only one step more factual than Top Gear.