Top Gear and the Ferrari 458-Test and Stig lap

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
Every once in a while a car comes along that you just dont care about the depreciation...kind of like how I was looking at the GT when it was announced. I said I was going to drive the GT and I did not care what my kids sold it for when I passed ! Of course the GT has pretty well held its value. Hopefully ( big if ) the 458 will hold for a few years since it is a new model. we are in new territory lately for Ferrari. In this world economy, they are capable of making more cars than they have customers for....

Last edited:

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
On my way home today, a GT3 went by, and while I knew what it was and its capabilities, it still just looked like a Porsche. Kind of like Corvettes - I know a ZR-1 and a Z06, but it still just looks like the thousands of Corvettes out there. A little later, a Carrera GT went by - now that is a car that stands out...just like a Ford GT stands out. Sorry, I just can't get excited when looking at a GT3 - - - RS or not.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Top Gear has reported to date 9 458s that have been destroyed, for the most part by engine fires. They are posted on Wreckedexotics.com. Sounds like a recall coming...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Top Gear has reported to date 9 458s that have been destroyed, for the most part by engine fires. They are posted on Wreckedexotics.com. Sounds like a recall coming...

I lot of F430 caught fire too!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The tidal wave / wall of used F360s is coming..already they are ~$80K on ebay; and will be half that soon;
modern Ferraris will all settle around the 308s price $25-40K...even though most dont have 308 looks.

Seeing Gallardos in same or below direction. I think the maintenance overhang is a big cloud....