Took GT for the first and probably last time to the track

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
I haven't been on the forums for a while but, I took my car to Homestead Speedway a couple weeks ago and drove the car for probably a total of 10 laps in four sessions. Just wanted to feel how the car would perform at the track on race mode. And just in case you want to see the difference between great car like a GT3 with actually a very good driver to a Ford GT that i was just starting to get used to. Video coming soon

Reactions: GSix and extrap

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
Waited about a lap to let my tires come up to temperature.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
NICE! (y)

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Excellent video. Looks like you taking it pretty easy and yet, you were keeping up with the GT3.

QSS

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
On the first lap I was feeling the car out to assess the grip level. The last thing I wanted was to lose the car on cold tires hit something and feel like an a****** on my way home. The Corvette and the GT3 took off the staging Lane on cold tires and if you look closely the GT3 lost it on the infield and went to the right and almost got into the grass. On the other sessions I was driving a lotus and this GT3 was leading most of the sessions against somevother very fast cars the owner is known to drive hard. In my opinion they knew I was in back of them and wanted to prove a point because when they gave me the point bye they would floor the car first and and then give me the point bye, plus the vette put the signal light to the right but gave me only room to the left which is the worst entry into turn 10. There is in my opinion, a big difference between a GT3 and a GT in terms of on track performance. If you notice on the last lap there were two cars that slowed me down and I was about half a front straight away in back of the GT3 and still I was able to catch him in the infield and pass him on the back straight in the same lap

Tomcat

GT Owner
Waited about a lap to let my tires come up to temperature.
Smart! I did NOT do this at VIR in my 2006 and spun at "Rollercoaster"...severely damaging my pride (but not doing any physical damage).

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Thanks for posting. Also, fun to watch the active aero under braking in the passenger side rear view mirror. It's the little things...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Nice, smooth driving.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
nice drive ! Amazing on the track!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
very smooth, you never looked like you were pushing it.

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
Ive tracked many different types of cars at that track, from a few road course prepped nascar i have to a Ferrari F40 and others in between. To be honest with you, though i looked smooth i scared myself a couple of times on this run. For one, i handnt run the car enough to fully trust it at what to me was approaching perceived limits. A better way of saying it is, that i had never driven a car that felt like this before so i was able to push in a way that i hadnt in anything else before. After the tires warmed up the car just stuck in the corners and the braking was unreal. It might not look like i was going too fast, but if you notice on the top left of the dash, i was doing 122mph in the short infield straight before braking and 133 on next infield straight before the hairpin 2nd gear turn before the back straight where i passed the GT3. Thats faster than ive been there in any of my other cars including 830hp nascars. An astonishing car to drive on track. I could just imagine this car on slicks with a race car alignment