Tires are available

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Me too....
According to what I read online they say six years. After 10 years you’re risking your life. My knowledge is based on seven years of tire testing and development for Hoosier.
Perhaps R compound tires are different

Reactions: dshears and Shark01

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
According to what I read online they say six years. After 10 years you’re risking your life. My knowledge is based on seven years of tire testing and development for Hoosier.
Perhaps R compound tires are different
I agree if they have been mounted the whole time and exposed to UV radiation. Stored indoors unmounnted in a quiet cool environment will extend the life quite awhile past the normal expected life.

Just kidding about the quiet part, but that is how I would want to be stored.

MackDaddy

Apr 2, 2022
Medford Oregon
Anyone using nitrogen?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Anyone using nitrogen?

Always thought that was a cool idea, but where the heck do you find it?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There is a long, old thread about nitrogen here on the Forum. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. You can go buy a tank, but usually code requires it to be chained to the wall.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Regular atmospheric air is 80% nitrogen.

Reactions: reiner

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Anyone using nitrogen?
Snake oil.

Reactions: RPM217 and nota4re

SIMONSEN DENMARK

May 26, 2022
Help needs to find 4 rims 18x9 19x11.5 whit out tires. pls mail me mail: mail@larssimonsen.com
Car Vin number 1FAFP90S36Y400243

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Although I’m not a fan of filling my tires with nitrogen, I will admit there is one advantage: it’s dry, zero moisture and has no oxygen. So if you want to prevent corrosion inside, say steel wheels, it might be worth considering.

Reactions: analogdesigner

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Whoever wrote that article has little idea of what they are talking about.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It's British

Reactions: Pettyfan43

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Junior: make sure that Costco can actually get the tires. My experience before was that they would take the order, then say that they were not available.
I bought my set from Costco last summer. The Tire guy at Costco( Gilbert Az) call his Bridgestone distributor in Houston, to verify they where available. Had them 3 days later. Good date codes.

MackDaddy

Apr 2, 2022
Medford Oregon
Although I’m not a fan of filling my tires with nitrogen, I will admit there is one advantage: it’s dry, zero moisture and has no oxygen. So if you want to prevent corrosion inside, say steel wheels, it might be worth considering.
have Nitrogen in the tires for my CJ3 and it's use in aircraft tires. 1. high altitude freezing 2. disipates through rubber slower than oxygen. 3. No moisture so not as much rubber degradation. 4. On landings tremendous heat can build up.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
The size of an N2 molecule is about 3% bigger than an O2 molecule. In terms of permeability of a rubber tire or inner tube, there's virtually no difference. And remember, air is 80% nitrogen, so whatever theoretical difference exists, practically speaking, air will not leak out any faster than pure nitrogen.

There's a more practical reason for using nitrogen in aircraft tires: The tires of high performance aircraft have inflation pressures of hundreds of PSI. A compressor that can deliver that pressure would be difficult to haul around the flight line. However, a nitrogen cylinder is filled to about 2200 PSI, so it's a good source (using a pressure regulator) to fill high pressure tires.

Reactions: jammer

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
I'm embarrassed to ask... I have the Bridgestones but where is the year "engraved" on the tire? I looked and looked but cant find it. I may just need a new pair of glasses :unsure:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Four digits, usually in a molded oval. The first two digits are the week of the year, the second two digits are the year. Sometimes the information is on the inside of the mounted tire.

Pettyfan43

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2022
Patterson Ca.
My recently purchased rears

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798 KB · Views: 24

Pettyfan43

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2022