TimePieces Thread

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I worked for Scott Devon at DevonMotorworks when we built the two DevonGTX Vehicles. (and made the offer to buy Viper from Chrysler back in the 2008-2009 timeframe)
Scott is also a Watch Collector and has his own line of watches with his new company DevonWorks.
The Devon watch is called the 'Tread". It has several micro-motors that rotate several small rubber treads that are embossed with the numerals for... hours,... minute, ...seconds and they rotate thru small window openings in
unison so that you can tell the time from the position of the numerals.
I am not a watch collector --I only own 2 - one for each wrist.

But, Have any of you guys seen , bought or own one of the Devon 'Treads" ??

andy (ajb)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good one Andy. Was that a Ford executive requirement?

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I saw those at a watch shop in Vegas. Pretty unique time pieces.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
For the Porsche (Club) guys among us...

Attachments

• Tag Heuer.jpg
    Tag Heuer.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 361
  • NNJR-PCA 55.jpg
    NNJR-PCA 55.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 348

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I worked for Scott Devon at DevonMotorworks when we built the two DevonGTX Vehicles. (and made the offer to buy Viper from Chrysler back in the 2008-2009 timeframe)
Scott is also a Watch Collector and has his own line of watches with his new company DevonWorks.
The Devon watch is called the 'Tread". It has several micro-motors that rotate several small rubber treads that are embossed with the numerals for... hours,... minute, ...seconds and they rotate thru small window openings in
unison so that you can tell the time from the position of the numerals.
I am not a watch collector --I only own 2 - one for each wrist.

But, Have any of you guys seen , bought or own one of the Devon 'Treads" ??

andy (ajb)
I have. Almost bought one pre-owned here at Tourneau in South Coast. Really sweet watch for around $18k. There was a lot of hype about this watch a couple of years ago but not too sure of its collectibility other than being low production. I love watches and plan on adding more to the collection this year. Currently have: Panerai PAM 220; Breitling Bentley Motors bronze face; and several other novelty type watches (Gucci, G-shock, Seiko, Invicta Sub Aqua Noma III). Getting another Panerai this year and looking at Rolex Skydweller or Yacht Master III.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
My daily. A 1973 Speedmaster Professional. Manual wind. Hesalite crystal.

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/space/speedmaster-history

Speedy_zps89aa6e2a.jpg

Last edited:

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Watch

My daily driver
Oakley Minute Machine Diamond Dialimage.jpg

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO

Nice. A moonwatch is definitely on my short list.

Gotta have a place to keep/wind them. Just saw this on Tech Toys, Buben & Zorweg Treasury... just under $300K, humidor included. :eek

http://www.buben-zorweg.com/cz/coll...t/show/product/the-treasury/the-treasury.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf1o6cy-lKc

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Nice. A moonwatch is definitely on my short list.
Gotta have a place to keep/wind them. Just saw this on Tech Toys, Buben & Zorweg Treasury... just under $300K, humidor included. :eek

Wow, for that money, perhaps buy a higher mileage but still minty Gulf Livery GT and put all the watches inside it. Wind them by rapidly driving around in circles on a nascar track.

Although that Treasury is amazing.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Not one to post pics of my stuff much but I was very happy to acquire this in Las Vegas last week at Tourneau. They had just received it the day before and literally 2 minutes after I decided to purchase it, a couple came in wanting to look at it. Sorry peoplez, you can not haz...all mine!

IMG_3130.jpg

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Nice pick up SSRob. The market seems to still be pretty strong on these. Is the latest version/model. The original watches seemed more square. Yours looks more comfortable.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
It is the Devon Tread 2 which is smaller than the 1. I'd still love a Tread 1 Steampunk but Jesus, they're $25,000.00.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Yeah, they have had a couple of pre-owned Devon 1's here in the OC at Tourneau around $18k -$20k but they don't last long.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
my collection isn't really noteworthy since I have just started this year. The only piece I own right now is this one (Tag Heuer Steve McQueen):

34713d1246471191-tag-heuer-steve-mcqueen-monaco.jpg

For the absolute fan there are also two Gulf Editions available:

1496.jpg

Monaco_vintage_black_copie.jpg

One of the most exciting ones I have seen is the Monaco V4 with these nice and small belt drives, I would really love to see one where the belts are in motion. But looking at price tag kills me (even after enjoying a glas or two of jameson), it's nearly half of the price of a GT here in Europe.

Tag-Heuer-MONACO-V4_banner.png

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Nice pick up! Was interesting that Devon went from cars to watches so quickly. AJB here was involved with the car effort. Was beautiful.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/space/speedmaster-history

Speedy_zps89aa6e2a.jpg

Gentlemen,

In the mid 1980's I bought a new Speedmaster Professional manual wind Omega and it cost $970. My son Charley liked it and so I thought I'd pick one up for him. $3600 today!! Sorry Charley. The dollar has certainly gone to hell.

Chip

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The dollar has certainly gone to hell.

...'understatement of the month. :beer2:

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
I have one of those Speedmasters. It needs refurbished, and it doesn't run. Anyone good at repairing these watches ?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Omega Watch Repair

I have one of those Speedmasters. It needs refurbished, and it doesn't run. Anyone good at repairing these watches ?

Jim,

I send my Omega watches to Nesbit's Fine Watch Service in Washington State. They specialize in Omega repair and I've been very happy with their service. Call them at (206) 623-1211. Your Speedmaster will look and function like brand new when you get it back.

Chip

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
Chip,
Thank you, Jim.