Central Mitten
That's just freaking nuts!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Major achievement! This does Ford and the GT proud indeed. It also speaks volumes of the aero and capabilities of an 05/06. This was a lot of work, congrats.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congratulations to the entire M2K Team. Well deserved and happy that it was you and your team Mark that broke this milestone.

Vince H

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
the GT was at 240mph at the 1/2. amazing

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Wow..!! That's hauling! ! Congrats guys! !

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Ford GT Forum:

Wanted to post a brief message and say "THANKS" for everyone's support and this has been a long time in the making. It was bitter sweet to be able to get the number and in doing that I think back to the late Mr. Ray Hoffman who at the first Ford GT Rally we attended in Austin, Texas that allowed us to attend a private running at the Texas Mile by none other than Mr. Dave Bannister. All I can say was I was "hooked" after that. There are so many people to thank and first and foremost my wife and family for letting me do these crazy things I dream up. When so many people said it couldn't be done and trust me, I was one of those guys but as the years went by and the MPH kept getting closer I thought this just may be a possibility. The guys at the shop of M2K Motorsports, Kevin Kesterson lead designer, fabricator and overall brains behind the organization, Peter DeSantis head tech, Naoto Negeshi tuning the MoTec and nobody better driving the car than Patrick O'Gorman that has made all this come together. Now there is one special person I am leaving for last and that is the legendary John Mihovetz of AccuFab racing. I know many of you know him for his throttle body production but there is not a better person on the planet to build a Ford 5.4l motor to make the power this car does. I also like to say a big appreciation for the build by Ford on such an awesome car. This 2006 Ford GT is still a stock aero, stock weight, full body car. We are still running stock wheels, stock brakes/rotors, radio, interior etc. We do have a set of Ahlman Engineering shocks and i can tell you , at those speeds they are a most and highly recommend them. We have made some modifications to put a cage in for safety but I don't think anyone can fault us for that. For 14 year old technology that Ford produced I can say one thing for sure, Ford knocked it out of the park and we have a blast with this car. The numbers show the car accelerating to a 1/4 mile speed of 174.5 mph, then to the 1/2 mile at 240.0 mph and a final speed of 300.4 mph. The MoTec data read on the car before the parachute deployed to be 306.0 mph after crossing the finish line.

We are working on getting some of the in car footage together and will get that posted for all to view.

Thanks,
Mark Heidaker
M2K Motorsports, LLC
The FIRST to 300.4 MPH in the Standing Mile!!!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nothing better than to hear the real story from the Main Man Mark Heidaker who I know is very Humble, soft spoken, dedicated to the Ford GT, And doesn’t like to toot his horn much. This is a unbelievable accomplishment for a 13 year old GT. It’s been a long journey to get to 300+ mph and none of us will ever know what this Great Team At M2K Motorsports have truly gone through to achieve this feat! I’m excited for Mark and his team and can’t wait until he receives his New 2019 Ford GT soon! congratulations to all! What a mission you’ve been on Mark!

Attachments

• CEB401D9-162E-4CEE-9100-A9D75DFD1B26.jpeg
    CEB401D9-162E-4CEE-9100-A9D75DFD1B26.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 2112 and Xcentric

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The press is on this!

Reactions: spartan

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
The press is on this!

The press is on this!

Absolutely incredible!! Very, very well done!

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Historic.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
Congrats! Awesome job, simply amazing.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Friggin Fantastic.... congrats Mark

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Wow!!
Quite the accomplishment!!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
knew they would do it , it was just a mater of time.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Congratulations, an amazing feat!

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Mark, incredible accomplishment!
One question - how did it feel to go over 300mph?

Congrats Mark.... Awesome accomplishment, enjoy the glory as you definitely deserve it. Hope to meet you someday and shake your hand....

Dave