The Worst Part of Owning a GT

FordGT75

GT Owner
Sep 2, 2006
Great Falls, VA
My son has a friend who is close to 6' 9'' and he seems to fit in my GT just fine but he to is quite thin.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
The Worst Things:

1. Like Bruce, hard to see yourself driving the car
2. Push the Red Button = 100 miles ( agree totally )
3. I have to watch it all the time like a little kid when in a parking lot.
4. People that drive in circles around you to get a look from every angle
5. Cars speeding up behind you at night...wondering if it's a cop or enthusiast
6. Gas in the car.. seams like there is gas in the hose from the last fill..dribble
7. Taking two spaces and wondering if others think you are worthy, most do.
8. The Speed limit.....Can't drive 55, 65, 75, 85, 95....Sammy Hagger needs an updated version, since he is a GT owner too. Dang we need a theme song...Are the Ripcords ( Trivia " Hey Little Cobra")still around?. Who knows Sammy?
9. Like Lays, betcha can't go triple D+ just once on a drive.
10. Traffic....feels like a caged animal

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The thickness of the butt cheeks has a lot to do with headroom clearance too. :lol

ABSTA-TOOTLY!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
The thickness of the butt cheeks has a lot to do with headroom clearance too. :lol

Never really thought about that, but rather profound :thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
My daughters boyfriend is just over 8 foot tall, and he fits in fine - even with his Stetson on. :lol

In Europe it seems the worst part is the amount of photographer/drivers you get behind, alongside and in front of you - often all at the same time....

ShelbyStang

May 17, 2007
SoCal
For REALLY tall people, the pblm with the GT is - they can't fit!

My eldest daughter's boy friend is 6'-5", 285 ... and he's not fat ...if you get my drift. He carrys a bit over 50% of his height in his legs.

He was up here over Christmas and reeeeeally wanted to get in the GT. I told him 6'-2" is the max unless the jaws of life were standing by to get a taller person back OUT. He took a look inside the car and reluctantly agreed it pbly wouldn't work out too well!

Had he gotten in there, I think he'd have needed to keep the door OPEN. (He'd have looked like the character "Jaws" behind the wheel of that car in the Bond film.)

My dad owns an '05 black GT and is 6' 5". He can fit in it with the seat forward just enough to lean the back of it all the way back. I think he even has more room then the 89 corvette we have and 94 t-bird

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
My daughters boyfriend is just over 8 foot tall, and he fits in fine - even with his Stetson on. :lol

In Europe it seems the worst part is the amount of photographer/drivers you get behind, alongside and in front of you - often all at the same time....

:lol Just spit out my Greyhound:lol

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
FYI - dripping gas

RE: dripping gas from the nozzle

When I gas up, I always get some paper towels to hold under the nozzle for not only when I'm done, but when I'm bringing the hose over to the car.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Me too on the paper towels. On being able to see yourself driving, I've located a few strip malls in town that have floor to ceiling windows in the storefronts that reflect like mirrors. Just make sure you keep an eye out for cars in front of you and pulling out of parking spots!

I'm 6'2" and my son is 6'3". I have to duck to close the door, but when I warned him about that when he took his first ride his head cleared no problem. However when he got out, his extra long legs propelled him into the door overhang and gave him a knot he will never forget! Side by side his hips are 3 inches higher than mine. I've never hit the door on the way out.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'm 6'2" and I fit fine. My son is 6'5" and he fit pretty decent in the passenger compartment. He was surprised how comfortable it was. I think he ducks when closing door, but once he is in, AOK.

Rick

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I'm 6'3" and just lean my head when I close the door. Lean the seat back a bit for helmet clearance.

The worst part about driving the car is people always rushing up to take pictures. :bored So I carry a digital camera in the car and have started a collection of pictures of people taking pictures of the car.:thumbsup

Smile your on "GT camera":banana

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The worst part about driving the car is people always rushing up to take pictures. :bored So I carry a digital camera in the car and have started a collection of pictures of people taking pictures of the car.:thumbsup

Too funny. We should all start doing that.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I'm 6'3" and just lean my head when I close the door. Lean the seat back a bit for helmet clearance.

Smile your on "GT camera":banana

That's funny....I love that !:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
All "B.S." aside, cobrar hit the main pblm right on the head in my view.

The worst part of owning a GT IS, without a doubt, the fact that it has to be watched every second when it's parked.

There are a lotta people(?) out there who will purposely do whatever little sneeky vandalizing act they can secretly do if they think they can get away with it when they see something like our GT's left unattended. Jealousy, envy, or whatever it is COMPELS these loosers to do it. (EG: one lil' trick these jerks like to employ is touching the top of a fender with a finger/thumb they've dipped in BRAKE FLUID. 'Been on the recieving end of THAT lil' gem myself in the past. That's why I NEVER allow anybody to touch my cars now. EVER. Screw 'em if they're "miffed". I don't care.)

Thankfully, one can usually tell by LOOKING at these individuals that they ARE what they are and one can, "head 'em off at the pass". And don't gimme th' ol', "You can't judge a book by it's cover", stuff. YES, you can. 99 times out of 100. (And, if necessary, I'm willing to wrongfully accuse the one I misjudged just to error on the safe side.)

That's why my car is ALWAYS parked in plain sight of our table at a restaurant for instance. That's why it's NEVER parked on a public street or, God forbid, in a parking lot.

In fact (and I hesitate to admit this), a couple weeks ago I was seriously considering selling mine because of the FLOOD of attention the car creates around here. (I've mentioned B4 that the car's just like Custer at the Little Big Horn when it's parked.) The attention level has now actually become stressful. I kid you not. But, I've come to the conclusion that I've EARNED this darn car and, dang it, nobody's gunna run me out of it.

Anyway, watch the people around your cars, guys. There are some really creative scumbags around. That's my point here.:cheers

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
getting out of it to go in the house
paying for it
paying the insurance

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I really don’t have any “Worst Part of Owning a GT” comments.

After waiting 40 years for the thing; I am grateful and appreciative to have it, drive it, and enjoy it.

We sure are a fortunate group of people.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
The Worst Things:

1. Like Bruce, hard to see yourself driving the car
2. Push the Red Button = 100 miles ( agree totally )
3. I have to watch it all the time like a little kid when in a parking lot.
4. People that drive in circles around you to get a look from every angle
5. Cars speeding up behind you at night...wondering if it's a cop or enthusiast
6. Gas in the car.. seams like there is gas in the hose from the last fill..dribble
7. Taking two spaces and wondering if others think you are worthy, most do.
8. The Speed limit.....Can't drive 55, 65, 75, 85, 95....Sammy Hagger needs an updated version, since he is a GT owner too. Dang we need a theme song...Are the Ripcords ( Trivia " Hey Little Cobra")still around?. Who knows Sammy?
9. Like Lays, betcha can't go triple D+ just once on a drive.
10. Traffic....feels like a caged animal

Well said ! :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Worst part and only bad part. Trying to explain to the Mrs that after purchasing a 550hp street/race car for $180,000.00 (OTD), It's a must to also lower it for $5000, pulley it for $3000, rims and tire it for $7000, trans cool it for $1500, remove the bumper it for $2500, Mac relocate it for $500, pipe it for $1500...... My GT/crack habit has gotten so bad that my Saturday mornings now start off by her asking how many ($:banana $) shoe, cloths and jewelery credits did she acquire last week?:smash

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Right on Steve! Hopefully they get permission to stretch it out a bit :wink

I've done the course in a Land Rover :lol

I have done it in a C-130. :cheers