The Ultimate Ford GT Key - 3rd Generation - Now available for pre-order!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
OzGT,

Sorry if you have hashed this out before, did you have to convert to right hand drive?

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
OzGT,

Sorry if you have hashed this out before, did you have to convert to right hand drive?

Yes indeed. There's some old threads on the forum from where I discussed. Ironically I had a link to conversion in sig till yest..

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Where is that third screw hiding? I couldn't see it. Might have been dimness of my garage.

Under the Ford logo decal.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Under the Ford logo decal.

Yep cheers, Andrew PM'd me that info yest. I haven't had time to go back and take the unit apart yest, I was too busy when I got home. A def project for the weekend to see if I can solve the button coding issue.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Just got my keys from Andrew, and all I can say is "WOW, THESE ARE AWESOME!!!". My car is tucked away for winter right now, but I can't wait to use these in the Spring. SO much nicer than the factory key and remote. Thanks Andrew, really diggin this!!!

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Seems mines going to have to go back. I can't get the circuit board working after pulling the key apart. Pity the key itself worked a treat to start the car.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Replacement going out to you tomorrow sir!

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
20 Keys available - ready to ship!!

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I programmed the key--everything worked fine. Drove the car for the first time yesterday and doesn't do anything--lock/unlock. I'm going to go to one of the places that can test to see if there is a signal being emitted from the transmitter as perhaps the battery is dead. Hope that's all it is......

ben

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Got mine. Programed it on the second try a few weeks ago. Works great, no issues. So much better than the factory keys.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I forgot over Xmas holiday period etc to mention I got my replacement thanks. So the buttons now work flawlessly, first go at programming. However, after swapping key blades with the one that worked perfectly that had the board fault, I have the opposite prob. I can't get the key itself to now register and an start the car. Talk about ironic. I had the car starting before but the remote was dead, now I've got perfect remote but key won't program at all...

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
PM Sent

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Thanks Andrew

EDIT: kudos to Andrew for advice on how to fix the key transponder issue with the replacement key. Worked a treat and saved a lot of time. Now finally have a perfect working unit after just a few minutes careful work.

Last edited:

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
We always try to figure things out!

I have 8 sets of keys in stock - ready to ship if any more takers!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I programmed the key--everything worked fine. Drove the car for the first time yesterday and doesn't do anything--lock/unlock. I'm going to go to one of the places that can test to see if there is a signal being emitted from the transmitter as perhaps the battery is dead. Hope that's all it is......

ben

Sorry to revive this thread, but I've been having persistent issues with my Ultimate Key. I received mine several months ago. Had the key cut and programmed the key myself without issue. The key seemed to work fine initially, but then became very unreliable. Ignition has always worked, but the button functions became more and more sporadic. I naturally thought it was simply a dying battery. I replaced the battery which didn't help. Contacted Andrew who, after trying to track down other causes, sent me a new circuit board. Reprogrammed the key successfully (i.e. got all the requisite 'honks') but still nothing. As a test, I switched out the board from one of my OEM keys into the Ultimate Key and it worked fine.
Next step is Andrew will be sending me an OEM Ford circuit board.

Now if this doesn't work, what else can we do here? Ben, did you ever get yours figured out?

If you have two keys already programmed for the car you can program another 3rd or more keys. Otherwise you will have to go to a dealer or buy a Ford VCM IDS tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u36e-XzmxX4

One suggested problem is that the car has too many keys programmed. I'm the second owner, but I'm pretty sure the first didn't program any other keys. Besides, I was able to successfully complete the programming sequence and the key did work (albeit intermittently) at first.
Clinton, do you know how many keys can be programmed before you need to get the car 'reset'? I assume this process is a simple affair for any dealer? If I need to take my car in for this, last thing I need is for some young tech scratching his head and bricking my ECU trying to figure out this process.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
This looks very nice. How is it different than auction 251119867857 on ebay for $14.95? Maybe you need a different elerctronic board also available as a fob for $10? Or jut take one out of our regular key?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

ben

If you have two keys already programmed for the car you can program another 3rd or more keys. Otherwise you will have to go to a dealer or buy a Ford VCM IDS tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u36e-XzmxX4

This looks very nice. How is it different than auction 251119867857 on ebay for $14.95? Maybe you need a different elerctronic board also available as a fob for $10? Or jut take one out of our regular key?

Well, that's interesting. Looks to be the exact same key.
I received a new board from Andrew which did not work.
The OEM board from one of my original keys does work. So, technically, I could just use that board in the 'ultimate key', but I paid for a 3rd fully functional key, not just a plastic case and a key blade. I'd prefer to keep my original 2 keys intact.

EDIT: the eBay product ]does not have the GT on the list of compatible vehicles. Not sure if it would work (don't see why not), but I would check with the seller before buying that product.

Last edited:

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I think the transponder may be different. I'll inquire with a couple of sellers. Looks like it is only worth 20 bucks. I found the last version for that too. Tired of being ripped off.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
To clarify

eBay product is usually is shell only guts not included.

Ours:

No GT transponder - which is unique to 05-06 GTs

OEM ford remote boards

Metal internal for key blade vs plastic housing. The cheaper ones will break in the ignition over time.

Plus we make the remotes key blades removable at the machine shop as most places can't even cut the blade while installed in remotes

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Sorry to revive this thread, but I've been having persistent issues with my Ultimate Key. I received mine several months ago. Had the key cut and programmed the key myself without issue. The key seemed to work fine initially, but then became very unreliable. Ignition has always worked, but the button functions became more and more sporadic. I naturally thought it was simply a dying battery. I replaced the battery which didn't help. Contacted Andrew who, after trying to track down other causes, sent me a new circuit board. Reprogrammed the key successfully (i.e. got all the requisite 'honks') but still nothing. As a test, I switched out the board from one of my OEM keys into the Ultimate Key and it worked fine.
Next step is Andrew will be sending me an OEM Ford circuit board.

Now if this doesn't work, what else can we do here? Ben, did you ever get yours figured out?

One suggested problem is that the car has too many keys programmed. I'm the second owner, but I'm pretty sure the first didn't program any other keys. Besides, I was able to successfully complete the programming sequence and the key did work (albeit intermittently) at first.
Clinton, do you know how many keys can be programmed before you need to get the car 'reset'? I assume this process is a simple affair for any dealer? If I need to take my car in for this, last thing I need is for some young tech scratching his head and bricking my ECU trying to figure out this process.

I had a very similar issue with the immobilser not working. Got a replacement board for Andrew. It seemed to work at first, however a few weeks later when I was giving the car my car electronics guys for a new battery install and to replace my aftermarket park sensors that had gone bad, I found it had stopped locking/unlocking. They examined and diagnosed it as having a board fault as well. I still have done anything with it as my car has been away getting tuning done.