The New Shelby GT350

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Anyone placed an order?? 350 or R??? My dealer said he ordered an R with tech package. Will either hold value?? Dealers don't know msrp yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
KR and Super Snakes not holding. Any difference here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Super Snakes were post title modified GT500s. KRs were tarted up GT500s sold as SAI vehicles by Ford. GT350 is a well developed, cohesive, all Ford project. Apples and oranges. Nevertheless, I don't expect any of them to set any records holding value.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Closer comparison would be 13/14 GT500. Those cars are holding their value really well. Also, Boss LS cars. Similarly doing pretty well. I don't expect the base GT350 to be any kind of investment in anything but entertainment. Not at 4-5k units a year. GT350R might be long term, but again, there will be a 4 digit number of Rs, so it's not complete unobtanium. The R is cheap enough and low enough volume that I expect there to be significant ADM off the bat, and sticker or very close prices throughout MY16 and MY17.

And yes, a 2016 GT350R is coming some time in 2015 to GT Forum WHQ. :biggrin

Went up to look at colors yesterday. Very difficult decision.

7c69767343df66eab87195cd8adf5d83.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
And yes, a 2016 GT350R is coming some time in 2015 to GT Forum WHQ. :biggrin

Will you have it at the rally?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Highly unlikely.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm not a big fan of red, but that car looks killer.

Wield some of your considerable influence and get one in Liquid Blue.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm not a big fan of red, but that car looks killer.

Wield some of your considerable influence and get one in Liquid Blue.

Same here. I definitely think the red without stripes looks good, but Red on a Mustang is not my deal.

On the second part, (insert many laughing faces here). Yeah right. I'm sure they'd get right on that. :lol Seriously though, if your name is in the oval, maybe they'll put a different tape stripe on a car for you. Maybe. Or a custom sill plate. That's about as far as the favor mill goes in Dearborn.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What do you think of Avalanche v. White in person. That's going to be my first world dilemma.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What do you think of Avalanche v. White in person. That's going to be my first world dilemma.

Depends.

I think the White/Blue looks great on base GT350, but I do not care (at all) for the red pin stripe on the R stripes. White without stripes looks like a little like a racing school car waiting to have graphics applied. That may present an interesting opportunity though.

Similar story for Avalanche. I think base looks great with the black stripes, not sold on the white stripes. Stripeless is a little too light in my opinion. McLaren makes a color called Chicane that would have been phenomenal if it was closer to that.

It's light enough that an overexposed pic makes it look white.

2016-shelby-gt350-mustang-tires-to-be-available-from-june-15-video-photo-gallery_10.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I don't get the accent pin stripe at all. They were tried and looked like crap on the earlier Performance Package GT500s. Who at Ford thinks a Triple Yellow Tricoat R is going to look anything but goofy with black racing stripes outlined in red pin stripes? I thought Ford fired the guy who picked the colors for the 2012 Laguna Seca.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Would this car look better with the black racing stripes outlined with a white pin stripe as the leaked order guide would mandate? I don't think so.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Nice. Looks a little too close for comfort on that curb, though! Yikes.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Yes.

Wouldn't want to do that with a Laguna Seca or an "R".

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The pin stripe on the orange car with white stripes seems like a bad idea as well.

Maybe they are a separate strip of vinyl that can be peeled off by the owner.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The pin stripe on the orange car with white stripes seems like a bad idea as well.

Maybe they are a separate strip of vinyl that can be peeled off by the owner.

I'm sure they are given that so many of the cars running around town have no pin stripes, just not a great decision in my opinion to make pin stripes a mandatory option in 2015. The pin stripes on the base car are much more subtle than the R.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Avalanche gray = Dove gray from 70's Lincoln portfolio. Pinstripes? Bunch of whiners, looks good to me. ;-))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 195

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Good observation Rex. I forgot about that color.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
There's a color for everyone. Avalanche gray looks like primer to me. Ixnay on the pinstripes.

Aside from this, who thought that the cheesy "diffuser" on the Mustang GT should be body color? I'm seeing a lot of these on the street. Ugh! Why highlight an ugly non-functional part?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There's a color for everyone. Avalanche gray looks like primer to me. Ixnay on the pinstripes.

Aside from this, who thought that the cheesy "diffuser" on the Mustang GT should be body color? I'm seeing a lot of these on the street. Ugh! Why highlight an ugly non-functional part?

Because believe it or not, I constantly see people saying it looks cheap in black plastic. I have absolutely no idea what that's about. This along with people demanding body colored side skirts on already visually hefty cars is a major mystery to me.