the last GT

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I recently saw a television documentary on the last Sting Ray....Corvettes are still with us but the Corvette Stingray was last produced about 67, and the last one off the assembly line was recently re-discovered and restored. An interesting piece of automotive history. So do we know who got "the last Ford GT"?

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Don't know who got it but it did go to Canada as far as I know.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
The VERY last GT that was, or ever will be built is VIN #2045. Red/White Stripes, Red Calipers, Base Radio.

When I took pictures of it, it was at station 4 of 17 stations. That was on 9/21/06. It most likely was finished a day or 2 later and then shipped off to the Great White North.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I see that "06fordgt" has had Quickdraw lookup the serial 2045. o6fordgt were you just curious or do you know the owner and if so, has he been invited to the forum? Quickdraw has given the build date as 09 -22-06.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I'm sure the actual date is, as Quickdraw pointed out, 9/22. When I saw the car, it was about half way down the line, and everyone was having cake at the job last party. It would have been finished up the 22nd, and scanned into the computer. That would be the official build date. :thumbsup

Last Gt

We found the last GT... it went to a dealer in BC. The dealer had it sold but the customer had not picked it up yet. We sold the second last one.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
Does anyone know the full vin number?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
sr71 I do not know the owner. When I was looking for my 2nd car this was one of the ones available to me to buy. I didn't know it was the last car at the time. In any event I don't think I would have bought it as the colour was no where near what I wanted (with all due respect to all the red/white striped cars out there). Also it had more miles on it than I wanted. Whether it will be worth more as the last one built I do not know.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Yes I would think the last car of any run would have extra value. I know the last Thunderbird built was earmarked for the Ford family.

Larry Fisher had a plaque made for the dash of the last 2002-2005 Thunderbird built at Wixom. The plaque reads: "Last 2005 Thunderbird produced July 1, 2005 for the family of Josephine Ford".

Link to last Tbird story:
http://portholeauthority.com/thenewtbird/2005/lastt-bird.html

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Quickdraw has informed me that the car probably went to Jacobson Ford Sales in Salmon Arm BC.