The Floor Mat problem is finally solved!!

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
well these are meant to be replacements. You could put them over the original mats, but you wouldn't be able to secure them... So I would say no..

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Today I have Lloyds over the stock rubber mats and there is no issue. I prefer to keep them as they insulate against noise.
Q1: Do the mats you offer have a rubber back like Lloyds?

Q2: Have you tried placing them over the stock rubber mats. If so is there a problem with the edges as your product is not as wide as llyods?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
After speaking to a few friends with GT's the consensus was that we preferred to have the left and right aluminum floor panels showing, and only place the mats in the rubber mat space.

yes these do have a rubberized backing, but non nibbed - this way they sit flush in the gap of the floor, and they do not move at all...

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Hey all! fjpikul just came up with a great idea!
If you want your car # stamped on the mats, under the logo - it can be done!
It would be a minimal charge - about $10 each side for set up and embroidery.
Let me know if you want that!

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Where ACRJoe was going and I am now leaning toward is for the protection of the Aluminum sills. If they ever get scratched they are a b1tch to replace. Thats what nice about Lloyds as it covers them.

But to each his own:cheers

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Yes of course to each his own! But if anyone wants to keep the look, what a few have done is venturetape, or 3M paint protection film has been applied to these surfaces - protecting them and leaving all the nice aluminum trim visible.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Today I have Lloyds over the stock rubber mats and there is no issue. I prefer to keep them as they insulate against noise.
Q1: Do the mats you offer have a rubber back like Lloyds?

Q2: Have you tried placing them over the stock rubber mats. If so is there a problem with the edges as your product is not as wide as llyods?

MAD IN NC do you any pictures of the Lloyds in place...HOW DO THEY LOOK ?
Thanks

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
GTNJ - I'll take some later today and post for ya

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
Lloyds Link

Here is the link to the thread with the photos of the Lloyds in place.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4134&page=2&highlight=lloyds

cammerboss

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2006
parker colo
floor mats

im in, order me a set, black with silver trim, cammerboss, 05 midnight blue:willy

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Based on the photos posted above, I believe the wider footprint of the Lloyd Mats afford much better protection of the inner and outer sills.
I agree with ACRJoe on this.
I have a few requests already. PM me your requests as I would like to get a list together. This is only going to be a one time order for now! I have one person who wants Red Carpet with Silver Accents, and Another with Black Carpet with powder blue and Orange for a Heritage probably - I think they will look sharp!
A "one time offer" will possibly keep the Trademark issue under the radar.
The Problem with the Lloyd mats is the fact that if you leave the rubber factory mats in, you have an odd looking hump in the carpet where the raised sections are, and after time that hump will degrade the carpet and it will wrinkle. And if you remove the rubber mat, the carpet will cave in, in the area where the mat used to be, and looks a bit odd, i would assume the pedal access may be effected as well.
these mats replace the factory rubber mat - and fit like a glove, and fills in the gap of the floor perfectly.
I personally have not experienced the "odd looking hump" with the Lloyd's mats so far.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
me too...black with silver/white lettrering

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Here is the overlay of the OEM mats on top of the Lloyds and key size differences. The Llyod mats fit over the OEM's as discussed earlier.

Sorry it took so long - been having fun installing and driving the GT with the Heffner Pipe and the Accufab TB! Love the sound of the pipe :cheers - makes going under an overpass fun!

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 297

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
Mad - Very effective photo. I'm sold. I like them OEM look of the fitted rubber mat replacement.

Craig

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Floor mats

Count me in for a set. Can the logo be moved forward some what? From your photos it looks as if the seats will hide logos for shorter drivers.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Yes the logo's can be placed at a custom height if requested!

If someone wants them running sideways - this can be done as well..

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
Two sets for me pls.One red and the other black/silver /silver.Since I have a red GT whats the colour combo on the red set?

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Here is the overlay of the OEM mats on top of the Lloyds and key size differences. The Llyod mats fit over the OEM's as discussed earlier.

Sorry it took so long - been having fun installing and driving the GT with the Heffner Pipe and the Accufab TB! Love the sound of the pipe :cheers - makes going under an overpass fun!

Thank you......big difference !

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Just remember the Lloyd mats are made to cover the exposed area in the foot wells.

The OEM go all the way under the seats.

I run with the Llyods over the OEM mats, hump and all, as they give protection for the side sills. When placed in this manner - it appears that the entire foot well from the seat forward is covered by them as shown in the Pics from Craig.

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
I am in for a set of Black with silver.

joe