Reactions: CJ428

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
We rented a new Rubicon last summer in Montana, I was FAR from impressed in ANY way, and was left with zero motivation to own one.

I drove a friend's manual Jeep Sahara to, from, and during an off road outing. Off road it was definitely capable, and even impressive. But on the highway with the soft top, I was shocked at how ridiculously loud the wind noise was at (so cal) highway speeds. I made the decision there that I could never own one. We could barely hear ourselves talking and as for the caravan on the FRS radios, we had to shout so they could hear us.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Does this imply there be a commercially available Bronco 'Arrgh' ?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I decided to go with Lightning Blue on my First Edition Bronco. For now, LB is only offered on the FE. 😎
5E109562-CE40-43FC-B954-800B06A38858.pngB60CB34B-6AEF-407C-9DAE-363938E6B071.png9F769E63-9620-41F5-9F2B-93D354953225.png7CA2EBFF-C320-48AA-BF40-B87D803E6B26.png7C8A11B5-7CF2-4050-898F-A4899BA8B720.png

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Looks great.

I sure hope that wheel/tire size makes it onto the production vehicles.

Reactions: Special K

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I have a 7/14 reservation in. Tried like hell on the 13th (launch night) but Ford's system was crashing and after 2-3 hours, I gave up. Was able to get through on the 14th. The good news is that I have the price locked in at $1600 under invoice.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I have a 7/14 reservation in. Tried like hell on the 13th (launch night) but Ford's system was crashing and after 2-3 hours, I gave up. Was able to get through on the 14th. The good news is that I have the price locked in at $1600 under invoice.
We got in on 7/13, but when they updated the system it moved to 7/14

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Do you mean under MSRP?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Do you mean under MSRP?

Nope, I meant under INVOICE. But I should have said $1300 under, not $1600. The dealership I'm using is $1000 BELOW INVOICE on all orders and even though it is somewhat official that x-plan will not initially be offered, the dealership has offered an additional $300 discount if you provide the 4-digit pin.

If you have a Bronco reservation with ANY dealer, Ford will allow you to change your dealership ONE TIME. What this means is if you don't like the dealership you're working with and/or you don't know or don't like their pricing, you can switch to the dealership I'm using and get locked in on the $1000 UNDER INVOICE (or, $1300 under if you have an x-plan PIN.)

Note that switching dealerships will NOT change the timeframe on when you will get your Bronco as Ford will go off of the date/timestamp from when you originally confirmed your reservation.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Nope, I meant under INVOICE. But I should have said $1300 under, not $1600. The dealership I'm using is $1000 BELOW INVOICE on all orders and even though it is somewhat official that x-plan will not initially be offered, the dealership has offered an additional $300 discount if you provide the 4-digit pin.

If you have a Bronco reservation with ANY dealer, Ford will allow you to change your dealership ONE TIME. What this means is if you don't like the dealership you're working with and/or you don't know or don't like their pricing, you can switch to the dealership I'm using and get locked in on the $1000 UNDER INVOICE (or, $1300 under if you have an x-plan PIN.)

Note that switching dealerships will NOT change the timeframe on when you will get your Bronco as Ford will go off of the date/timestamp from when you originally confirmed your reservation.
PM me your dealership info.

Gary Surdyke

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hey Gary - the dealer is Granger Ford in Iowa. I think it is VERY safe to say that they will be the #1 Volume Bronco dealership in the nation... at least for the first couple of years. You can wade through hundreds if not thousands of posts on the Bronco forum (bronco6g) but Granger is the Gold Standard when it comes to communication, etc. The owner of the dealership has himself made several posts to the forum. True, Iowa seems to be in the middle of nowhere but I (and what appears to be about a thousand or more other buyers) really want to patronize them for their complete transparency and customer-first mentality.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Hey Gary - the dealer is Granger Ford in Iowa. I think it is VERY safe to say that they will be the #1 Volume Bronco dealership in the nation... at least for the first couple of years. You can wade through hundreds if not thousands of posts on the Bronco forum (bronco6g) but Granger is the Gold Standard when it comes to communication, etc. The owner of the dealership has himself made several posts to the forum. True, Iowa seems to be in the middle of nowhere but I (and what appears to be about a thousand or more other buyers) really want to patronize them for their complete transparency and customer-first mentality.
Just spoke to my dealer, He is very aware of Granger. Granger got over 1000 Bronco orders but is slated to just get 21 units this year. He said they may get some more thru a bonus plan but will be a small fraction of their orders. Do you know your placement on Grangers list? I'm # 19 on my dealers list and their initial allocation is 44.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I havent been following the Bronco scene too closely because I'm not in the market for one. However, I saw one pulling out of my local Ford dealer today. Was that some special marketing vehicle?

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I've only seen the small sport model. Unibody style and non of the off road frame style trucks with the sasquatch package.

I havent been following the Bronco scene too closely because I'm not in the market for one. However, I saw one pulling out of my local Ford dealer today. Was that some special marketing vehicle?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Just spoke to my dealer, He is very aware of Granger. Granger got over 1000 Bronco orders but is slated to just get 21 units this year. He said they may get some more thru a bonus plan but will be a small fraction of their orders. Do you know your placement on Grangers list? I'm # 19 on my dealers list and their initial allocation is 44.

Too funny. Your dealer rep is an idiot. There's no doubt that Granger is almost universally disliked by other dealers and so there is a tendency to spread FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt.) What your dealer told you about Granger is wrong. No dealer has ANY allocation yet. What Ford communicated to dealers was an initial estimate of what their allocations may be. Almost all dealers received an estimated allocation that was approximately 1/3 the number of reservations they are holding.... which puts Granger at approximately 300 assuming their number of reservations is 1,000.

Ford has publicly conveyed their formula for determining allocations. From memory, the weighting is something like;
50% based on number of reservations
25% based on competitive (read Wrangler) sales in dealership's region
25% based on dealership's previous Ford volume in sales

Using this formula (and based on 1,000 held reservations), the worst-case allocation scenario would be something less that 300 - but certainly more than 150.

When this formula was announced at the end of September, 2020..... Granger did something completely unexpected. (You can read/verify this as Granger did it very publicly - which is another reason they are disliked in the dealer ranks.) For the entire month of October, ALL bronco reservations received by Granger were 2,000 UNDER invoice. The idea here is that orders in October were likely not going to be fulfilled until 2022. For some, this timing was better but overall it drove the number of reservations they were receiving WAY UP. This was the only component of the formula above that they could control in real time.

In summary, about what your dealership has told you....

1. NO allocations have been made. (Allocations will be made AFTER the order window closes at the end of March.)
2. Your dealer told you that their allocation ESTIMATE is 44.... which would mean that they likely are holding ~130 reservations
3. For a variety of reasons, Granger has not publicly stated the number of reservations they are holding.... but it is speculated that this number may be between 2,000 to 3,000.
4. Like virtually ALL dealership, Granger's ESTIMATED allocation is ~30% of all reservations, something that Granger HAS confirmed.

One of the largest factors in determining when anyone will get their Bronco is going to be based on production constraints for certain options/configurations. Ford has publicly stated that the following options *could* become constrained.

2.7L Engine Option
Sasquatch Package
Painted Modular Top
Black Interior option on FE models

Reactions: Special K

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Too funny. Your dealer rep is an idiot. There's no doubt that Granger is almost universally disliked by other dealers and so there is a tendency to spread FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt.) What your dealer told you about Granger is wrong. No dealer has ANY allocation yet. What Ford communicated to dealers was an initial estimate of what their allocations may be. Almost all dealers received an estimated allocation that was approximately 1/3 the number of reservations they are holding.... which puts Granger at approximately 300 assuming their number of reservations is 1,000.

Ford has publicly conveyed their formula for determining allocations. From memory, the weighting is something like;
50% based on number of reservations
25% based on competitive (read Wrangler) sales in dealership's region
25% based on dealership's previous Ford volume in sales

Using this formula (and based on 1,000 held reservations), the worst-case allocation scenario would be something less that 300 - but certainly more than 150.

When this formula was announced at the end of September, 2020..... Granger did something completely unexpected. (You can read/verify this as Granger did it very publicly - which is another reason they are disliked in the dealer ranks.) For the entire month of October, ALL bronco reservations received by Granger were 2,000 UNDER invoice. The idea here is that orders in October were likely not going to be fulfilled until 2022. For some, this timing was better but overall it drove the number of reservations they were receiving WAY UP. This was the only component of the formula above that they could control in real time.

In summary, about what your dealership has told you....

1. NO allocations have been made. (Allocations will be made AFTER the order window closes at the end of March.)
2. Your dealer told you that their allocation ESTIMATE is 44.... which would mean that they likely are holding ~130 reservations
3. For a variety of reasons, Granger has not publicly stated the number of reservations they are holding.... but it is speculated that this number may be between 2,000 to 3,000.
4. Like virtually ALL dealership, Granger's ESTIMATED allocation is ~30% of all reservations, something that Granger HAS confirmed.

One of the largest factors in determining when anyone will get their Bronco is going to be based on production constraints for certain options/configurations. Ford has publicly stated that the following options *could* become constrained.

2.7L Engine Option
Sasquatch Package
Painted Modular Top
Black Interior option on FE models
Do you speak for Ford?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I don't speak for Ford but I have been following the Bronco soap opera in entirely too much detail. It's OK if you want to believe what your dealer told you - happens all of the time. I can only assure you that no allocation commitments have been made and if someone tells you differently you are being LIED to. Second, if anyone told you that Granger's allocation is 21 - they have also LIED to you.

You can confirm/verify everything that I have said on Bronco forum..... but you have to wade through a lot.

Here's the post from the OWNER of Granger Ford from back in October that explains the $2000 under invoice deal and why it was offered.

Bronco Forum

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Who would believe that a dealer's sales guy would lie :)
If I had a dollar for everytime I heard bs from a dealer, I'd have another GT :)

Reactions: extrap