The best day in quite a while...

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I took the GT out for about an hour, carving up some backroads west of the cities. I made my way back, filled it up with my favorite Mobil 91 non-oxy then brought it home. THEN the fun began! :biggrin I spent the next 6 hours cleaning. Took out the mats, cleaned up the inside, wiped down all the leather, back of the seats, dash, etc. Removed the wheels to properly wax the insides and clean the wheel wells. Put fresh RejX on the clear filmed surfaces. Then applied TechWax 2.0 to the rest of the vehicle. Put some lube on the door / hatch seals and finally cleaned all the hard to reach windows.

It was VERY clean before (it never gets "dirty") but now it is even cleaner :lol. There is a local C&C this Saturday that I may attend to get her out again.

On a side note I used the alternate jacking procedure of lifting under the door handle on the "seam" and it worked quite well. MUCH easier than doing each wheel individually. Still not an "easy" process with my lowered car, but much easier than the 4 individual spots.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Nice. My wife is in Minnesota visiting right now and said the weather is lovely.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Nice. My wife is in Minnesota visiting right now and said the weather is lovely.

Today was 75 and sunny!

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
I switched to Meguiars Ultimate wax, better yet!

Aug 25, 2006
It is nice to read that she is being exercised and enjoyed

Thank you for sharing your moment in time

All the best

Shadowman

DanM

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 31, 2006
Stillwater, MN
Jason, did the same here on the east side of the twin cities. Finally, a nice weekend to clean, drive, and admire. Horrible weather this spring, rain every weekend and mostly every day. drove it 3 times since April. See you at C&C on Sat.