Thanks, Dave! And Chip!

mach1pannu

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2019
What a great event it was. Dave, Chip, and all others involved putting this together did an amazing job. I learned new things about the car, got some history lessons, and best of all made new friends. Looking forward to staying connected and seeing you guys at the next rally. Cheers gents!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave and Chip,
Knowing quite well the effort it takes for just one of these daily events like the closing “Dinner in the Desert “! on Wednesday night, or the name tag lanyards with pictures of our vehicles on them …or even just the loading and unloading of our vehicles….., I continue to be amazed how you guys make a whole week of activities come together .

Summarized in one word “outstanding “.

Having attended almost all rally’s starting from Rally 1 in Dearborn Michigan in 2006, ,they seem to be getting better each year.

To our first time and newbie rally attendees …“hold on for a great ride”,
Everyone will be blow away I am sure with the Krispy rally Video of this rally and the build up for Rally 14…. Yeah “NumberFourteen”.

But , as we closed out previous rally’s and closed out this rally …
“It’s a secret … you never know where the next rally will be !”
Andy Benedict (AJB)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks Dave and Chip for a great job organizing this. My first rally, and as a relatively new owner, it was really great to meet some of the folks that I've only interacted with on the forum. Great group of people and I really learned a lot!

I will admit that my wife is still a bit scarred from the drives that Chip arranged. I told her how awesome it was to finally get to drive the FGT in a more "exciting" manner on street and track and learn what the car can do, and she said "I'm glad you had fun, but you weren't sitting in the passenger seat looking at the cliff edge 6 inches away." She said going thru her mind was "we are both in the car, one mistake and our 3 daughters have no parents."

Had a great time!

I’m thrilled that you were both there. I was stunned on my first Rally drives as well because all of my experience was in far less capable cars. Once I realized that what seemed like dangerous speed my first time was actually only 75% or less of the actual safe speeds on these roads and conditions I relaxed and enjoyed the ride. If you ever get a track ride with Mark McGowan and experience 90-95% of capable speed in these cars our sedate Rally pace will be more comfortable. I look forward to seeing you both next year! Cheers brother.

Chip

Last edited:

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
My worst rally ever .... having been prevented to enter the US because of Covid measures, I had to follow through the pics and video uploaded on SoMe and the occasional call with Shesgotlegs. It sure looks and sounds like it was an event of a lifetime. I even missed seeing Dr Frank. Hope to get a rematch some day .....

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Awesome , epic time Guys !! Happy to see all that could make it !! Met some great first timers !!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
All rallys are special but after a layoff this was one of the best. From Chips opening party to the final dinner in the desert it was a must attend event. The effort required to put this on needs our continued support to keep the tradition going.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
My worst rally ever .... having been prevented to enter the US because of Covid measures, I had to follow through the pics and video uploaded on SoMe and the occasional call with Shesgotlegs. It sure looks and sounds like it was an event of a lifetime. I even missed seeing Dr Frank. Hope to get a rematch some day .....

Everybody missed you brother. I’m so sorry you were prevented from being here. You’d have loved it but there will probably be another next year.

Chip

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
We just returned home from a great rally! I can't express in words how thankful we are for the gathering of friends and the memories that were made over the last week. All the day's were followed by another special gathering. Track day was perfect with the large turn out of cars at the rally the track times exceeded everyone's needs for speed. Perfect closing dinner night with great weather . Thank you for all the hard work guy's.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Dave and Chip... you hit it out of the park this year... one of the best Rally's yet! What an awesome sight seeing all the GT's on the lawn behind the 200' fountain. We all had a great time on the drives, dinners, lunches, and the track. Really enjoyed getting together with all the friends we have made over the years and the new ones we made this trip. Looking forward to next years Rally!!! Thanks for all you do for all of the GT owners!AFA73409-5D54-4F2C-A441-FECE937002C1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Thanks to both Dave and Chip for a great Rally! That I am sure was a ton of work. What a great area, drives, restaurants, and events. As always the best part is seeing all the members and lifelong friends. Really appreciate all the support you have given myself, Brian and Joe (Italian Joe)! See you at the next one. And if anyone is in the Detroit area ever, please reach out!

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Awesome , epic time Guys !! Happy to see all that could make it !! Met some great first timers !!
Thanks Brian for the reassurance with my car issue. You and Chris always seemed to be walking by at opportune times. Great meeting you

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
My 9th Rally and definitely one of the best. Thanks Dave and Chip, for all the planning and preparation. Fun to see so many first timers, as well as getting to know some long time members a little better.

I hope we keep this going!

ScottK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dave and Chip,
Knowing quite well the effort it takes for just one of these daily events like the closing “Dinner in the Desert “! on Wednesday night, or the name tag lanyards with pictures of our vehicles on them …or even just the loading and unloading of our vehicles….., I continue to be amazed how you guys make a whole week of activities come together .

Summarized in one word “outstanding “.

Having attended almost all rally’s starting from Rally 1 in Dearborn Michigan in 2006, ,they seem to be getting better each year.

To our first time and newbie rally attendees …“hold on for a great ride”,
Everyone will be blow away I am sure with the Krispy rally Video of this rally and the build up for Rally 14…. Yeah “NumberFourteen”.

But , as we closed out previous rally’s and closed out this rally …
“It’s a secret … you never know where the next rally will be !”
Andy Benedict (AJB)

So nice to be able to spend more time and get to know you Andy. You are a class act and epitomize the culture this group represents. It’s been an honor and I look forward to the next time (wherever that may be!).

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Dave and Chip! What a great Rally. Reconnected with old friends and made some new ones. Just got home from my 2800 mile round trip. Till we ride again…cheers!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Dave and Chip, thank you, and thank you. Epic rally! Everything was perfectly planned and I also know how much effort it takes to put together an event like this. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by everyone.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’m thrilled that you were both there. I was stunned on my first Rally drives as well because all of my experience was in far less capable cars. Once I realized that what seemed like dangerous speed my first times was actually only 75% or less of the actual safe speeds on these roads and conditions I relaxed and enjoyed the ride. If you ever get a track ride with Mark McGowan and experience 90-95% of capable speed in these cars our sedate Rally pace will be more comfortable. I look forward to seeing you both next year! Cheers brother.

Chip
Chip
I’m really looking forward to seeing you and all my GT brothers next year!

Reactions: JWZ

tgilbert

GT Owner
Feb 25, 2012
Tampa
I’m going along with everyone else to acknowledge Chip and Dave for an outstanding rally. From the moment we pulled into Chip’s amazing home we were blown away. We can’t imagine how this rally could’ve been better, everything was organized to the minute and everything you guys put together was exceptional. Thank you so much, Count us in for next year! Todd & Jayne Gilbert

PS: Also a big shout out to Benny for the wonderful Donuts, you just can’t forget the Donuts!!!!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The donuts! And donut-GT tshirts! Thanks Benny!

Reactions: 93extxdps

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Thank you to all who put the event on, it was outstanding. Made a great new friend that I expect to have many more great times with - my new GT. At the track day it became ‘my car’ and I look forward to driving it everywhere more than ever. The rallies let us enjoy our cars with like-minded owners who all respect what we are in. Truly a special group of people. Looking forward to R14.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Definitely have to add our thanks for a great rally. Phoenix was an amazing venue, from drives, weather, members, and track. TY!

Reactions: GKW05GT and JWZ