Thank you Ray Hofman

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
When a spec miata track day car just won't cut it...

[video=youtube;CT6kDtNKMzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6kDtNKMzE[/video]

However there is no funnier sight than watching Spec Miata class racing when them BOUNCE off each other. Youtube that. :)

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sue and I went to the garage when we saw the Matech team and Ray head to get his new racer out on the track. Thomas took the car out first with Ray in the right seat with the biggest grin on his face. When they warmed the Killer up it was literelly DEAFENING, you literally had to put your fingers in your ears in the garage. I took a lot of pictures (I'll try to load them tonight) with Ray and the Matech team. After the first outing it was easy to see that the Matech GT and Ray were a perfect match made in Heaven. Thomas was hitting 150-160 KM on the straight where most of the pictures were taken with no slow down as the GT was fitted with rain tires. After the first outing I asked Ray "Is it a keeper" and With the biggest grin and a thumb up he said "Damn it just like a big Go Kart even in the rain". All I can say is UNBELIEVABLE, GORGEOUS, and A KILLER looking BEAST. Everyone said "And Ray thought he enjoyed the 1-mile runs, watch him now". More to come. Tomy

FordGT4fun

the black beast is amazing thanks for sharing the vid and of course all the emotion. If i remember maybe Steve from Matech or someone else from Team Matech can correct me. At the end of march 2009 i was with my friend and his FGT at Le Castellet it was at the same week end when our dear Bony passed away. A few day later Matech made his first test drive with Ray´s GT1
Regards
Pierre

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
On Peter Krause's data sheet, he was running lap times around 2:10 in the wet! I mean it was wet...not just a little rain on the track.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
On Peter Krause's data sheet, he was running lap times around 2:10 in the wet! I mean it was wet...not just a little rain on the track.

I was told the absolute lap record was around 2:00 or 2:02. The 2:10 in heavy downpour, car & driver having never been to the track before, etc was certainly an "eye opener" for Peter and the local's that were seeing and hearing this in person. The data mapping showed 1.5G in wet braking and 1.2G in the cornering. As Peter said, of the 1000's of data downloads he had seen here at VIR, nothing in his memory came close to what Thomas accomplished in the really horrible track conditions.

I am glad I was able to see this in person. For those that were unable to attend RAlly V- you missed something special.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here's a BIG THANK YOU To Ray for bringing the Matech Team to Rally V. They made our Week, and if they Race LeMans next I will be there. Tomy

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Ray !! I love your new Toy !!:thumbsup Always great to see you my friend...:biggrin