Takata airbag recall

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Mine is going in for the airbags today. Looking forward to getting a new badge on the wheel as part of the deal.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Who's doing the work, Sanjay?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Mine is going in for the airbags today. Looking forward to getting a new badge on the wheel as part of the deal.

Sanjay, you don't get a new badge. Just remove and replace the airbag cover.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
They are only replacing the inflator behind the bag. Not the bag itself or the cover. Sorry, no new badge.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Sterling McCall Ford on Hillcroft, David.

The service manager told me the airbag cover is integral. Maybe he is misinformed.

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Sanjay,

I got all excited thinking I was getting a new badge also. Please let us know after you get the work done. I am in need of a new badge and was going to send it to Shelby for that repair but have not wanted to dissable the car as of yet.

Mike

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Winter is the perfect time to send to Shelby

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Sanjay,

I got all excited thinking I was getting a new badge also. Please let us know after you get the work done. I am in need of a new badge and was going to send it to Shelby for that repair but have not wanted to dissable the car as of yet.

Mike

no new badge. It is just the inflator. Oh well.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I'll find out. My neighbor is the Pres of Takata N.A.

He has a very interesting job right now!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just a heads up. The NHTSA issued this morning a new recall campaign including MANY more Ford Rangers, Mustangs and GT. Looks like nearly all 2004 thru 2014 of these models are included now, over a million. So if yours was not included before, you might should check again.

The notice also admits that replacement may not solve the problem and may require replacement again once the real problem causing the issue is found.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The notice also admits that replacement may not solve the problem and may require replacement again once the real problem causing the issue is found.

Ugh

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
All Canadian GT's now included

Ford of Canada is conducting a voluntary Safety Improvement Program concerning the driver's airbag inflator on certain vehicles equipped with Takata airbags. Ford will replace the driver's inflator on affected vehicles. This action is not being conducted under the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Note: This special service campaign was replaced by recall 2015232. Please see recall 2015232 for more information: Click here for more information
Make Model Model Year(s) Affected

FORD GT 2004 2005 2006

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I went on The site and plugged in my VIN and it said my Drivers side airbag only! So, I called the local dealership and they ordered the part as it was on back order and then when it arrived I took it in and they did it up withing a few hours. I just wish they had replaced the center emblem too!!! :(

Which dealer did you take it to?

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Which dealer did you take it to?

Randy, I'm taking my GT to Ken Grody in Buena Park on Monday. Was told it's a very simple job. Talked to Mike Baik at service and ask him to order the part in advance. He scheduled the work to be done while I'm there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
I have 4 cars with this recall needing to be taken care of. I read on here somewhere that someone could come out and tae care of it and avoid the dealership. Anyone have a contact number?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have 4 cars with this recall needing to be taken care of. I read on here somewhere that someone could come out and tae care of it and avoid the dealership. Anyone have a contact number?

You should work it through the service manager of a local dealer. Remind them that it is in the recall notice. With 4 vehicles I wouldn't expect they will balk.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Just a heads up. The NHTSA issued this morning a new recall campaign including MANY more Ford Rangers, Mustangs and GT. Looks like nearly all 2004 thru 2014 of these models are included now, over a million. So if yours was not included before, you might should check again.

My late build '06 is now showing up with the driver's side only.

There is a large note in red however, saying "Recall INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available".

2013 Shelby included as well, driver's only with same big red disclaimer.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My late build '06 is now showing up with the driver's side only.

There is a large note in red however, saying "Recall INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available".

2013 Shelby included as well, driver's only with same big red disclaimer.

Yep, mine now shows up with two recalls, one from Dec 2014 (14V802) and now one from May 2015 (15V319). Now I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

My Dodge pickup was added in the last round.

Last edited:

Dolph

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2012
Ruston, LA
Just had mine done today at my local dealer. Driver's side only. Took about 10 minutes to do. Simple, nothing to it. Of course the mechanic said before I left, "let me hear it when you leave". I obliged him.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
You should work it through the service manager of a local dealer. Remind them that it is in the recall notice. With 4 vehicles I wouldn't expect they will balk.
The parts are on backorder now....