Supercar Shootout, Bradenton Dec. 12-14

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
One of our active Viper members in Florida, Richie V has arranged what will be one of the great maybe only ever Supercar Drag events. There will be Lambos, Porsches, Vipers, etc. Richie already has 45+ cars registered, with a max of 70 cars for racing. I know a number of Ford GTs are coming, this should be a great weekend. You can pm me or email / contact Richie directly for more info at:352-527-3142 / richardv@remax.net This is a great time of year to visit Florida, plus the chance to see a number of twin turbo Lambos, Vipers, and GTs running. Flyer below:

FLYER1-1.jpg

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
I have a few pictures from last years race I would like to share.

Picture411.jpg

Picture226.jpg

Picture307.jpg

07Bradentoncruise.jpg

:usa

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
I found some pics of Fuelman from last years race. I have another white FGT coming so now there will be 2 of you.

Picture195-1.jpg

Picture255.jpg

Picture258.jpg

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
Here are some pics of Ray Peak Completions car. Ray will be attending Bradenton again this year along with Cody and David Weaver. The FGT looks much better then I thought it would without the stripes. The first picture is with the side stripes.

before
DSC01163.JPG

after
L0M5275.jpg

L0M5331.jpg

L0M5313.jpg

L0M5327.jpg

L0M5440.jpg

L0M5340.jpg

L0M5272.jpg

L0M5329.jpg

L0M5260.jpg

L0M5269.jpg

L0M5437.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great pics, thanks for posting them:)

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
Thank You B O N Y.

I have lurked around for awhile before registering. I hope in the next year to buy a FGT. Incredible car. I sometimes regret buying a Viper after driving the GT. The high speed stability is incredible. My buddy Heffner has built some real nice FGT packages. I believe Jerry Ripper had Jasons first TT FGT and I had the pleasure of driving in it. Incredible car with 800rwhp and still had the manners and driveability of a stock engine.

John thanks for placing my flyer in here and helping us with the event. So far I have more Lambos then FGT's so I am hoping that a few from here will consider participating in our annual race at Bradenton.

Another pic of Aarons car

Picture227.jpg

281cammer

Aug 20, 2008
TTT, going to be a great event!! If I'm lucky I can make my way down to it. That black GT is WOW!!!

Last edited:

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
I was hoping to see some more FGT's register for our December event.

The scorecard reads

4 Ford GT's
1 CGT
1 DB9
7 Lambos
2 Murcis
45 Vipers

registered for the december event. We took a block of 30 rooms at the Hampton Inn in Ellenton. It is close to the track and adjacent a large outlet mall. It is hard to get a room is December so it is important if you are coming to make an early commitment so we can secure a room for you. Anyone with an RV or large rig can stay at the track for the weekend. The only fee they charge is if you want to use their high speed internet connection which is $7 per night.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/...ionid=HMSYAS0YGYMRUCSGBJBOD4Q?ctyhocn=SRQELHX

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
I was hoping to see some more FGT's register for our December event.

The scorecard reads

4 Ford GT's
1 CGT
1 DB9
7 Lambos
2 Murcis
45 Vipers

registered for the december event. We took a block of 30 rooms at the Hampton Inn in Ellenton. It is close to the track and adjacent a large outlet mall. It is hard to get a room is December so it is important if you are coming to make an early commitment so we can secure a room for you. Anyone with an RV or large rig can stay at the track for the weekend. The only fee they charge is if you want to use their high speed internet connection which is $7 per night.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/...ionid=HMSYAS0YGYMRUCSGBJBOD4Q?ctyhocn=SRQELHX

Where is the furthest place that someone is coming from that is registerd as of now. I am thinking of take the trip down from CT, just wondering who else is going from a long distence.........
ps , what kind of rear tires is everyone limited too and will that rule stick....

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Richie:

Those pic's of Ray's new Black car are great. I am the one that sold Ray the car. It is a beauty. I would like to bring the girl I replaced her with, a black, stripe delete Heffner TT as well as my ultima Can Am 720. Seeing that the 12th is my birthday, I dont think my wife will mind.

I look forward to meeting everyone there.

Chris Moody

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
I have 13 people coming from Texas. A few from Jersey. I will have Jason Heffner, Doug Levin, ART out of Texas and of course Kevin from Underground Racing. These are 4 of the best tuners in the country. I know each one of them personally and have raced with all of them at one time or another.

No restrictions on tires in any class except the Streeet Tire Shootout. For that they must be OEM type tires. No V700's or Pilot Sport Cups. You would be very competitive Sal with the times you have pulled.

As far as the rules we do not change something unless it benefits everyone. It is about the group, not the individual or any one tuner. The formula for the race was made up several years ago.

Dyno day at Heffners always is a good way to get ready for the race. That starts Friday morning. It is very gracious of Jason to set aside his shop for the day to assist us. All dyno run money goes back to the event.

My favorite event Saturday is the STSO. This is why I approached Kevin from UGR and asked him if he would put up the prize money of $2000. This event is a favorite of many others and the one we have the most cars participating in. Most of the Lambos and FGTs normally register for this event.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Can't wait for some pics Chris!!!

Your baby is back in your neck of the woods getting a few more touches done :willy

No TTs... YET :D

Depending on how my work schedule ends up, I will have some serious FGT firepower there for the evening times but will save my energy at the track for my ART TT Viper.. (it is at Jerry Haas's shop currently undergoing some minor chassis upgrades)

:banana :banana :banana

Look forward to a great event and keep up the great work Richie.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Richie:

Those pic's of Ray's new Black car are great. I am the one that sold Ray the car. It is a beauty. I would like to bring the girl I replaced her with, a black, stripe delete Heffner TT as well as my ultima Can Am 720. Seeing that the 12th is my birthday, I dont think my wife will mind.

I look forward to meeting everyone there.

Chris Moody

For my taste that is the best looking GT I have ever seen.

281cammer

Aug 20, 2008
TTT Going to be a great event!!

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
I will look forward to the event and will bring "Black Beauty", weather permitting. Sounds like a lot of fun, good people, good cars...what's not to like?
Paul

xraygt

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2006
wheels and tire details

If anybody has details of wheel/tire type/size and place to purchase I would really appreciate info. Speaking of the black car above. that combo is BEYOND awesome. My black no stripe NEEDS those wheels. thanks

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
They look like 20/22 Iforged Aeros. I think the tire choice is limited to a Pirelli in those sizes.

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
We have had 2 more FGT's register for the Bradenton race in December.

http://performancepoweronline.com/

Both cars that Performance Power have registered sport a set of Twin Turbo's plus a few other goodies

Looking forward to seeing you in December John:thumbsup

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
I have 2 FGT's running in the 9 second class with drag radials. The only one of the 7 races that we have specific tire requirements on is the Street Tire Shootout. All other 6 classes you run whatever combo you like. We will also have support vehicles, power tools or whatever you can think of if you should need a hand at the track. Last year I broke a yoke and I had more help then I needed which is the way it should be for all of us.

We have 13 cars coming from Texas which is about the same distance you would travel from Germanoracing. I know Heffner and UGR racing have some long distance racers coming.

Chris if you want to run the Ultima just drop me a line. I have given a waiver for an Atom so far. I think the Ultima is an incredible car so if you like to drop me a PM or give me a call.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I have 2 FGT's running in the 9 second class with drag radials. The only one of the 7 races that we have specific tire requirements on is the Street Tire Shootout. All other 6 classes you run whatever combo you like. We will also have support vehicles, power tools or whatever you can think of if you should need a hand at the track. Last year I broke a yoke and I had more help then I needed which is the way it should be for all of us.

We have 13 cars coming from Texas which is about the same distance you would travel from Germanoracing. I know Heffner and UGR racing have some long distance racers coming.

Chris if you want to run the Ultima just drop me a line. I have given a waiver for an Atom so far. I think the Ultima is an incredible car so if you like to drop me a PM or give me a call.

I am one of Jason's buddies who will be coming from VA, what is the street tire class? Is it real street tires or is it drag radials? Also if you don't mind what are the class breakdowns?
thanks