Suggestion - don't reply to trolls

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
If one ignores trolls, they will go away because they won't get what they want -- irate replies. If the troll persists in their inflamatory posting, then the admins can ban them.

By not replying, the thread will eventually work it's way down the page, and then off of it. (The GT General Discussion forum is averaging about four days of new threads to fill up a page)

My $.02

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
Amen!!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
ooops! Sorry guys - couldn't resist.

GOOGLEVP

Jan 16, 2006
Am I a troll?

I know. I know. "If you have to ask...". What's so bad about a little blood pumping discussion. Is this like some sort of shelter from the outside world? I have been in online discussions before and enjoy a little debate. Maybe a little warmer intro would have been nice but hey whatever...

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
GOOGLEVP said:
I know. I know. "If you have to ask...". What's so bad about a little blood pumping discussion. Is this like some sort of shelter from the outside world? I have been in online discussions before and enjoy a little debate. Maybe a little warmer intro would have been nice but hey whatever...
I agree with Googleman, otherwise we could call this Forum "ASSKISSERS.COM". Maybe we should sit around and tell each other how Great we are, "OOH YOUR SOO GREAT""YOUR SOO GREAT TOO"OOH NOO ITS YOU YOUR THE GREAT ONE". Its nice to have a little debate sometime it keeps things Interesting.

GOOGLEVP

Jan 16, 2006
FORDGT001 said:
Its nice to have a little debate sometime it keeps things Interesting.

Thanks for your support. I was begining to think that I logged on to The Twilight Zone. :cheers

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
FORDGT001 said:
I agree with Googleman, otherwise we could call this Forum "ASSKISSERS.COM". Maybe we should sit around and tell each other how Great we are, "OOH YOUR SOO GREAT""YOUR SOO GREAT TOO"OOH NOO ITS YOU YOUR THE GREAT ONE". Its nice to have a little debate sometime it keeps things Interesting.

there is a difference between debating a relavent topic and cluttering the board with BS threads.

Google, you might want to try www.svtperfomance.com......over there almost every thread turns into a flame war so ENJOY! :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
GOOGLEVP said:
Thanks for your support. I was begining to think that I logged on to The Twilight Zone. :cheers

No offense, but that's bullshit. Centerpunch has a whole site dedicated to educating buyers on relevant GT market-value at or sub-MSRP, which is made a sticky in the for sale section. Barondw consistently points out flaws or inconsistencies in build quality and the build process. Enzo BTR has a thread detailing paint flaws on his car, and one heaping praise on the C6 Z as having a more fun motor. Others have made light of bad dealer experiences. Etc.

People are more than welcome to point out what is wrong with the car, or problems they have had in the ownership experience. There's a big difference between owners sharing owner experiences and some dude saying "Hey guys, first post here! Your car is overpriced, the build quality sucks, and I can think of myriad better ways to spend my money. And by the way, if you disagree, you're just part of the kool-aid fest. By the way part 2, I don't own one either."

Pretty much the definition of trolling to me. :rolleyes

TLP

Jan 21, 2006
Nail on the head DBK! Big difference between trolling and spirtited debate! :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mr Yahoo, dabba dabba do ...

TLP said:
Nail on the head DBK! Big difference between trolling and spirtited debate! :thumbsup
lets give our newly introduced Mr. Braggy Vice President a second chance, and see if he can pull off a spirited debate to start with !

Sir, ball in your camp.... if you can't get replies, you will agree to adding Troll to your business card here. Maybe in that case, DBK can change his status from spectator to troll aswell.. ?

I am awaiting a constructive and interesting contribution, and you will be welcomed. Ain't for granted to be here, if you don't have access to your own GT as entryticket, be at least spirited and interesting :cheers