strong rumor/warranty/small pulley

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Hmmm I had a voice in my head while I was day dreaming tell me that...

1. PCM mods and pulley mods can be traced by ford or a knowledgeable enough technician. But it is not up to the dealer nor the technician working on it to make that decision. An inspector comes out and takes photographs of what happens and we sign the paper work if we feel what his "conclusion" is correct or leave it blank if we feel it is incorrect. I dont think Ive signed for one of those inspections yet (3 years at ford).
2. The sticker on the PCM applies mainly to the 03/04 svt cobra which had a sticker on the pcm where a chip would normally be put into place. But according to my dream on those if you switched the pcm out and had it cleared and reprogrammed the keys you would not be able to tell. The dream said the GT is different in many aspects.
3. It is not putting a pulley that will void the warranty, and even then it will be only powertrain. It is the chance that maybe whoever put the pulley on didnt do a good tune for the car and caused it to blow the motor. Thats where ford will step in and inspect the vehicle specially since I think the motor is priced at around $35k for the GT and determine if any mods that werent factory were performed on the vehicle. Its the same on the cobras and lightnings and harley davidsons that came supercharged.
The pulley is obvious if it has been changed simply because most shops will put marks on the charger or the pulley itself and ford can easily see if its been tampered with.
4. It is your car and no one can tell you otherwise, but according to my dream ford doesnt have to do anything for it if its been tampered with in a manner it wasnt designed to be tampered with.
Me personally I say do the full exhaust, do the chip, do the pulley, do the cooler and just let her rip. Its a GT its supposed to be modded, raced, tracked and shown off.

But thats just what was in my dream of course

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I say bunk....

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
One month into my ownership experience, based on my car, I wouldn't dare do anything to void my warranty, therefore for me mods of ANY KIND are out of the question.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I think having spent well over 200+k for mine, even an eventual 35k ON AN (UNLIKELY) blown full engine, wont compare to buy an (unavailable ) Mc12 for over 800k$... the risk is rather limited (see piko 06) AND THE FUNHUPSIDE IS LIKE RUNNIG THE 100METERS ON WINSTROL.. AKA BEN JOHNSON..

if I want to be disciplined, i drive my 360 spider (or whatever else there is)... if I want to go wild, I use the challenge stradale... if I want to be unique, I use the Gt. (might get an Aston for the opera rather soon, like the class the car represents) The GT is muscle for me, so if the GTX has the smaller pulley factory, why not !? I agree with the exhaust train..The way I see the car for me, it needs to be a pitbull rather than a cairnterrier...no doubt.

NU FORTY

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2005
WhiteBlueGT said:
My contact says this is not true.

I wonder who your contact might be, and his or her knowledge base? I am not selling pulleys or reflashes, just trying to protect the interests of fellow GT owners. If it doesn't blow up, everything is fine but if you have a problem why take the chance of losing warranty protection?
I cannot believe that more than 5% of GT owners could even use 90% of the cars potential in stock form, so why increase it's output if you can't use it?
Modifying for the sake of a dyno read or bragging rights doesn't make much sense, but that is just my opinion.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
REMEMBER I WAS SLEEPING WHEN THIS CAME TO ME, MOST IMPORTANT IS THAT THERE IS AN XRAY TAPE ON THE PULLEY BOLTS!!!! AND PULLEYS THAT EVEN IF YOU RETURNED TO ORIGINAL THEY HAVE A SPECIAL PROCESS TO PROVE THE BOLTS WERE TAMPERED AND THE PULLEY REMOVED!!!!

Well for starters... There are no pulley bolts! It's pressed on to a knurled shaft. I was told they cannot see if the computer is calibrated, dealers often update computers when in for service, if there's a new fix or a recall, the only way to tell is the computer has an calibration ID which tells them which calibration it has. Any dealer can reflash the PCM back to a stock form which would have zero evidence of tampering.

There is no xray box, black box or anything else. Each computer has it's own function, the air bag system has a lateral g memory for crash information, as well as vehicle speed, gear, etc. but does not tell what cal, boost psi, etc. The factory PCM can only take "snap shots" of current data when it's recorded a possible error.

I'm not trying to make a case to cheat Ford or any company. If there is damage caused by what someone does to any part of a car that was not caused by the car company - I think we should be ready to open up our wallet an take care of it.

I would never think of changing my car from stock. That would be silly!

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
No changes, please ..

WhiteBlueGT said:
Oh,
I couldn't agree more ! :biggrin

silly me

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
WhiteBlueGT said:
REMEMBER I WAS SLEEPING WHEN THIS CAME TO ME, MOST IMPORTANT IS THAT THERE IS AN XRAY TAPE ON THE PULLEY BOLTS!!!! AND PULLEYS THAT EVEN IF YOU RETURNED TO ORIGINAL THEY HAVE A SPECIAL PROCESS TO PROVE THE BOLTS WERE TAMPERED AND THE PULLEY REMOVED!!!!

Well for starters... There are no pulley bolt! It's pressed on to a knurled shaft. I was told they cannot see if the computer is calibrated, dealers often update computers when in for service, if there's a new fix or a recall, the only way to tell is the computer has an calibration ID which tells them which calibration it has. Any dealer can reflash the PCM back to a stock form which would have zero evidence of tampering.

There is no xray box, black box or anything else. Each computer has it's own function, the air bag system has a lateral g memory for crash information, as well as vehicle speed, gear, etc. but does not tell what cal, boost psi, etc. The factory PCM can only take "snap shots" of current data when it's recorded a possible error.

I'm not trying to make a case to cheat Ford or any company. If there is damage caused by what someone does to any part of a car that was not caused by the car company - I think we should be ready to open up our wallet an take care of it.

hey neighbor... thats what my contact said as well, only difference is I have to get off my butt and get it done. :cheers :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
Oh,
I couldn't agree more ! :biggrin

silly me

nah, not you Stefan, you enjoy life to much to be called SILLY, your my hero :cheers :banana :banana :cheers